Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011

+8
Stu
Ed Pemberton
uk kiwis
Captain Slow
StevePem
Tony
Lee121
Rich
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011

Post  Captain Slow 10/7/2011, 4:36 am

Well if the weather is as miserable tomorrow as it has been today, I don't think I'll bother...the ground at Kimbolton will look like Glastonbury!
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kimbolton Charity Classic - 10th July 2011

Post  StevePem 10/7/2011, 5:29 am

Ed an myself will pick up the convoy in Higham as discussed with Tony on thursday, see you tomorrow
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 10/7/2011, 6:22 am

Don't think it will be too bad and we are all packed ready to go.

Shame to miss the GP but going by todays practice 'our boys' are going to be handycapped.

The clip with David Caulthard and Paul De Resta hopping in the big lorry today was a hoot.

If you did not see it, the driver was talking to his boss on the radio and said he had the two in his cab, of course he did not believe him and kept saying 'where are you going? turn left not right........very funny when he met them and Paul and David hopped out!

Great piece with Murray Walker doing an impromptu commentary of Alonso's cockpit track view of his lap, he stumbled a bit but great to see, also Stirling driving around. BBC, the best ever..............
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  jsmith 10/7/2011, 6:41 am

Weather is supposed to be good tomorrow captain slow....dont you ever check the weather reports? hehe

Ive had the centre console apart and done a spot of painting, its not perfect but im not going to complain as ive never done anything like that before and probably got to put it all back in the morning as its still not quite dry yet.

Lee has also painted my calipers for me and painted the mesh on the side vents so its a bit more presentable Smile

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow

jsmith
jsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 10/7/2011, 7:12 am

Captain Slow wrote:Rich, what time do I need to aim to be there for?
The event opens to the public at about 11am but we're planning for just after 10am to set up. Apparently the caterers are doing breakfast butties early for the traders... Don't think they're free though!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 10/7/2011, 7:18 am

Captain Slow wrote:Well if the weather is as miserable tomorrow as it has been today, I don't think I'll bother...the ground at Kimbolton will look like Glastonbury!
Don't know what it was like at Kimbolton today but I've been outside doing a couple of bits to the car in sunshine! Hopefully it'll be even better tomorrow...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn 10/7/2011, 9:19 am

Hope you guys have a great day tomorrow i know Tony is still coming but i am having to drop out as i ache like hell from all the DIY that i've done this week x
Dawn
Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 10/7/2011, 5:53 pm

Dawn wrote:Hope you guys have a great day tomorrow i know Tony is still coming but i am having to drop out as i ache like hell from all the DIY that i've done this week x
Excuses! What is it with our OHs? Kate has pulled out for similar reasons. Sort of a blessing in disguise for me though as I now have somewhere to put the gazebo! Laughing

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 10/7/2011, 10:14 pm

Your all in the wrong place, you should be where I am right now which is sitting in front of the tv for the F1, shame on all of you for attending a meet on the day of the British grand Prix Kick A**e

Wink
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 11/7/2011, 3:21 am

Well what a day! Apart from the idiot marshals who split us up entering the event ground and the fact that they let a selection of 'nothing special' cars from Kettering park in our reserved space, the event turned out to be pretty good. The weather was true 'topless' with the sun breaking through and a warmth building up.

As usual, there was a wide selection of interest and varied vehicles to have a walk around and in some cases lose your mind in a dream world. There were also loads of things going on in the centre arena although I confess I didn't watch anything there this time round. Also, there was a nice selection of craft and bric-a-brac stalls. The only tent I managed to spend any time in was the beer one... Thanks for the Lager Shandy Col!

The weather did take a turn for the wetter mid afternoon and that managed to send a few of our lot packing but after a while the sun came out again and we were treated to a low triple flypast of the BBMF Lancaster whilst we were taking the gazebo down.

Anyhow, my small selection of photos are HERE!

Rich

PS Don't you just love Lee's new MGF!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 11/7/2011, 3:39 am

Is it just my end or does only about 5 pics work in the larger viewer No
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 11/7/2011, 4:38 am

Great show again. I think we got a good spot despite the cock-ups.

A few of my pics here
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 11/7/2011, 4:51 am

Nice pictures, looked like a real good place to be could have done with going but sometimes I need to nice my body a rest so maybe next year Smile
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 11/7/2011, 5:16 am

Pretty impressive 'F' line up, good company as usual. Enjoyed chatting to our newest International member. Looking forward to Duxford even though we don't have a Z.

Have a look at my pictures from today HERE.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 12/7/2011, 10:44 pm

Matt Parker wrote:Your all in the wrong place, you should be where I am right now which is sitting in front of the tv for the F1,

Ah no my friend, the place to be was row L, Village A right in front of the video screen TBH Very Happy
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 12/7/2011, 11:30 pm

So you paid all that money and ended up watching 98% of the race on TV Very Happy
after three nights of luxury Great outdoors trying to keep dry Flippin\' weather!
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 13/7/2011, 12:43 am

StevePem wrote:So you paid all that money and ended up watching 98% of the race on TV Very Happy

Yup & with ear plugs in Laughing

StevePem wrote: after three nights of luxury Great outdoors trying to keep dry Flippin\' weather!

Inside the tent was fine. It was just outside the monsoon happened on Friday & i have to say there is nothing like being wet through, including your underwear to make you miss a hot bath
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 13/7/2011, 3:43 am

Yep, and you can't get rid of the damp smell!

I went camping with a group of friends many years ago. We arrived at the camp site in glorious sunshine and just threw the tents up quickly, went to the pub and crawled into bed in the usual state.

I woke up next morning, worse for wear, and could see some coloured thing moving about near my eyes. Fortunately I had one of those old camping beds with metal legs which I was very glad of once I realised the "coloured thing" was my red baseball shoe floating in 4 inches of water!

Then heard my mate in the next tent singing "who's sorry now" whilst bailing out his tent with something or other.

We had just thrown the flysheets on so they were resting on the tent fabric, that plus torrential rain = a tent full of water up to the edge of the waterproof floor section!

Like I said, you can't get rid of the damp smell!
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2