Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
help needed with rubber hood to window seal I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

help needed with rubber hood to window seal

4 posters

Go down

help needed with rubber hood to window seal Empty help needed with rubber hood to window seal

Post  Stu 31/5/2012, 11:02 am

I have lost the rubber seal from where the hood meets the window driver side ,vertical section about a foot long..........can this be bought/replaced as a single part or is it part of a bigger kit does anyone know Question

I lost it driving up the m1 on my recent trip away....felt something brush my face and heard a bang against the car and couldnt figure out what had happened stopped at services and couldnt see anything missing until i put the window up and felt the draught between hood and window , lucky for me i have been driving to and from work topdown but with rain forecast will need to get this sorted so any know how greatly appreciated ......how is it attatched Question

Stu
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

help needed with rubber hood to window seal Empty Re: help needed with rubber hood to window seal

Post  uk kiwis 31/5/2012, 5:37 pm

Plenty of wreckers will be able to supply that for you.

Ebay perhaps?

Go online to find a wrecker.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

help needed with rubber hood to window seal Empty Re: help needed with rubber hood to window seal

Post  Rich 31/5/2012, 6:47 pm

That's so NZ Dave... UK translation... Breakers! Laughing

Stu, I might still have a complete hood seal kit (brand new) somewhere. I'll have a look for you.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 1/6/2012, 8:28 am

I have various hood seals about the garage if you want just the one section.

May be interested in the new seal kit Rich if Stu doesn't have it, thats if you have it Smile
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 1/6/2012, 10:24 am

cheers i knew someone out there would have one.... Very Happy

let me know how much guys as the rain is a coming Sad

still need a cambelt service ,spent a few pennys on the trophy this year with headgasket before FRL, alternator on week off and then new tyres ready for mot,hoping i wont have any more expense for a long time,my plans for some mods and the amount of events planned will have to go on the backburner for a while Rolling Eyes
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 1/6/2012, 6:17 pm

Rich, that made me laugh...

Never gave it a thought!

Glad you have it sorted Stu don't want you getting wet.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down