Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Hood catches I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Hood catches I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Hood catches I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Hood catches I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Hood catches I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Hood catches I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Hood catches I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Hood catches I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Hood catches I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Hood catches I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Hood catches

3 posters

Go down

Hood catches Empty Hood catches

Post  dressur 18/6/2008, 10:14 pm

Can someone remind me how to adjust them please! I got so cross this morning that I took the roof down despite wind, rain, and an early meeting which meant I was supposed to turn up looking glamorous!- the one that won't fasten was driving me so insane with fury - rattling like a b****!
Stew - I know you were fiddling with a particular bit of them - but I've had a poke around, and I can't make anything move!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Hood catches Empty Re: Hood catches

Post  Nick 18/6/2008, 10:20 pm

As you look at the opened catch theres a metal clip (looks like a goldy coloured paperclip) that is clipped over a long looking black nut.
Move the goldy metal clip bit off the long nut, then turn the long nut in or out, you should see the catch moving in or out, re-attach the goldy metal clip bit, then try closing the hood.

Sorry my description is crud, but hopefully you'll see what I mean when you have a look at the catch, hope it helps
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 18/6/2008, 11:03 pm

Nick wrote:As you look at the opened catch theres a metal clip (looks like a goldy coloured paperclip) that is clipped over a long looking black nut.
Move the goldy metal clip bit off the long nut, then turn the long nut in or out, you should see the catch moving in or out, re-attach the goldy metal clip bit, then try closing the hood.

Sorry my description is crud, but hopefully you'll see what I mean when you have a look at the catch, hope it helps

It's the goldy metal bit that threw me - I'll have a go later! Thanks
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/6/2008, 2:48 am

Ally, I reckon those latches are completely knackered. They just didn't want to lock in position even with the hood down. I'll make a call to my scrappy tomorrow and see what I can sort for you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 19/6/2008, 3:10 am

scubastewart wrote:Ally, I reckon those latches are completely knackered. They just didn't want to lock in position even with the hood down. I'll make a call to my scrappy tomorrow and see what I can sort for you.

I know they are - they've been knackered since I bought the car! I know you've got stuff to do to Shaggy before Fest, so was hoping to stay off your case til afterwards! If I can bodge them for a bit longer - I will!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 19/6/2008, 3:18 am

My catches never actually lock as the buttons are worn, but they do lock with a positive click. Occasionally, the passenger handle part does drop a bit but the lock is still secure. It's been like it since I bought the car and even when transferred from my old hood. I've just never got round to adjusting it properly!
Rolling Eyes

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 19/6/2008, 3:22 am

Rich Stone wrote:My catches never actually lock as the button is worn, but they do lock with a positive click. Occasionally, the passenger handle part does drop a bit but the lock is still secure. It's been like it since I bought the car and even when transferred from my old hood. I've just never got round to adjusting it properly!
Rolling Eyes

Rich

Mine don't even click - they just balance! Sometimes they stay up, and sometimes they don't!! Stew had a look at Silverstone and pronounced them officially knackered!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down