Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense?

3 posters

Go down

Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? Empty Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense?

Post  StevePem 18/11/2011, 12:29 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-400-45-MG-ZS-Hatchback-Rear-Light-Cluster-Lexus-Style-AUTOART-/280774072817?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ARover%7CModel%3A45&hash=item415f7059f1

Anyone know if it is feasiblle to remove and refit the lenses on these things?

Still waiting for a set of "black magic" ones to come up on ebay but these silver ones come up from time to time at reasonable prices. So I was thinking, if the lense will come off without damage, I could spray the silver bits Anthracite and that would be even better than black magics (well, maybe Laughing )
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? Empty Re: Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense?

Post  Rich 18/11/2011, 12:46 am

Looking at my black ones I would say that it wouldn't be that easy without risking damage. Also, as the edges where the clear covers are stuck on would also need to be painted too, the risk of them falling off if they didn't glue to the paint is quite big.

I can see why the chrome ones are so cheap on eBay.. Not nice IMO... Suspect
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? Empty Re: Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense?

Post  StevePem 18/11/2011, 1:03 am

Thought that was probably the answer, shame I think they would look quite good "colour coded"

I think the chrome ones may just about look ok on a silver car but can't imagine them working on any other colour
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/11/2011, 1:16 am

StevePem wrote:I think the chrome ones may just about look ok on a silver car but can't imagine them working on any other colour
IIRC Matt tried them on his ZS... and they didn't! Laughing
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 18/11/2011, 4:22 am

Very Happy Well they do look pretty tacky in chrome Very Happy

I will wait untill after Christmas and bite the bullet and buy them for £98 (cheapest I found so far) unless I can pick some up a bit cheaper at one of the shows.
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 18/11/2011, 7:34 am

Hmm, if your not bidding I think I shall, as I want to try and get a set of these cheap so I can 'experiment' with Smile

I do have pictures of my ZS with the different lamps on as I tested them for the MGOC Spares so if you want to see the difference on the silver I can post them up, but as Rich said, the chrome on a silver car just looks Censored as its too much silver Chavvy
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 18/11/2011, 8:32 am

I am definitely not going to bid Matt,

I want black magic ones as I think they will go well with the anthracite bodywork.
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 18/11/2011, 8:37 am

Thats ok then, I've now put the starting bid and will see what happens. I don't expect to win them for that as they usualy go for around £40 and for something that I will be playing with I don't want to pay any more incase they end up in several smaller peices lol

btw, fitted that throttle body yet? Smile
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 18/11/2011, 8:24 pm

No, not fitted the TB yet.

Although I fixed the leak on the TF expansion tank, I don't want to do many miles in it until the service is done next week!

Sods law says if I start working on the ZS before that something will go wrong so I decided to wait until next weekend. Also still toying with the idea of putting an enclosed cone filter on as I am taking things apart anyway.

I guess though that it probably makes more sense just to put an ITG or similar panel filter in the existing box?
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/11/2011, 8:58 pm

StevePem wrote:I guess though that it probably makes more sense just to put an ITG or similar panel filter in the existing box?
Are we talking ZS or TF? Either way a panel filter is fine. Ive got the K&N in the 45 with the VVC setup and the ITG with the Trophy, both of which Mark from ZandF said were good for each.

Digressed! ... Again. What are we like? Coffee
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 18/11/2011, 9:15 pm

Well, with Matt being omnipotent, it is difficult to stick to one topic Laughing
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 19/11/2011, 8:48 am

lol, cheers Steve Laughing

The standard airbox for the ZS/45/400(K4 petrol) are fine with a panel filter as these are the same size airboxes as the ZR160, and they have a nice long reach cold air pick up pipe as standard which can easily be re-directed to better location such as in the corner of the bumper or bumper front(mouth/vent)

Back on topic now Tongue I've been outbid on those lights so I'll be waiting for another set to come up at the right price, will keep you in mind if I come across trhe black ones though.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Lexus Lights - can you remove the lense? Empty Finaly Found a Set!

Post  StevePem 21/11/2011, 4:10 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170732946591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

As they are as rare as hens teeth I coughed up for the buy it now!
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down