Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008

+11
c-j
darrenzs
ladyluck
Stu
Davemul
dressur
Captain Jack
Dark Knight
M77XNE
Matto 180
Rich
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 Empty Re: MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008

Post  Rich 30/5/2008, 6:14 pm

scubastewart wrote:The forcast I checked earlier said sunday would be like today was, so with a bit of luck it should be good.
I hope you had better weather than we did then. It was wet all afternoon! Crying or Very sad

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 Empty Re: MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008

Post  darrenzs 31/5/2008, 6:39 am

I'm thinking of joining you, no promises mind- if I normally plan to be somewhere something else crops up Rolling Eyes ,
If I do make it I'll have a blast along the 14 from Huntingdon and tag onto the Northants convoy.

Gotta get the zed clean first, being a dry weather car it's covered in dust and squashed insects.
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  c-j 31/5/2008, 9:47 pm

guys/gals,

also plan to be there...will meet on site.

here's hoping for a nice day

Chris
c-j
c-j

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/5/2008, 10:09 pm

Added to the list! Thumbs up

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 1/6/2008, 1:51 am

Quite a good showig now by the look of it for tomorrow!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 1/6/2008, 1:55 am

Just back from North Yorkshire! See you all tomorrow!!
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/6/2008, 1:59 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:Quite a good showig now by the look of it for tomorrow!!
Not bad. You should see the amount of people coming from the MGF Register forum! We might be drowned in F/TFs!

Stewart will have the SmS Stand set up for us ready and waiting. Look for the purple gazebo and the banner and follow his directions...

See you all tomorrow! cheers

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/6/2008, 2:02 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
marcus mgf wrote:that means, the southmid sticker will be the first exterior mod i have!! Laughing good for an extra 10bhp im guessing?!?!

only ten!!!! mines made more difference than that!!!! Surprised
It's not the performance... It's the grandure of being blessed with it on your car! Laughing

scubastewart wrote:Rich will have the SMS stickers there...
Silver, Red and Black ones in stock. And I can take orders for the biggies and magnetic logos too. After all, the guy who makes them for us will hopefully be there!

Cool Rich

Last edited by Rich Stone on 1/6/2008, 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 1/6/2008, 2:02 am

Rich Stone wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:Quite a good showig now by the look of it for tomorrow!!
Not bad. You should see the amount of people coming from the MGF Register forum! We might be drowned in F/TFs!

Stewart will have the SmS Stand set up for us ready and waiting. Look for the purple gazebo and the banner and follow his directions...

See you all tomorrow! cheers

Rich

Purple Gazebo and Banner ok think i can manage that!!! i'll be getting there just before 10, well thats the plan!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 1/6/2008, 2:03 am

Rich Stone wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:
marcus mgf wrote:that means, the southmid sticker will be the first exterior mod i have!! Laughing good for an extra 10bhp im guessing?!?!

only ten!!!! mines made more difference than that!!!! Surprised
It's not the performance... It's the grandure of being blessed with it on your car! Laughing

Cool Rich

i'm feeling bless and the car became holy!!!!! Laughing Embarassed
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 1/6/2008, 2:10 am

Postcode for this event!!

For all those who are meeting on site who might need the post code

OX18 4JP

Last edited by PaulMGTF160 on 1/6/2008, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 1/6/2008, 6:04 am

Sorry - but looks like I won't be joining you! Not because I'm being pathetic - but have started attacking the wheel arches and realised too late that all my bodywork stuff is in Epsom at a friends house. Am going to have to go there and crack on with it before the car falls apart!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 1/6/2008, 7:44 am

thought you'd be down at the pak stew? or you just come from there?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/6/2008, 7:51 am

dressur wrote:Sorry - but looks like I won't be joining you! Not because I'm being pathetic - but have started attacking the wheel arches and realised too late that all my bodywork stuff is in Epsom at a friends house. Am going to have to go there and crack on with it before the car falls apart!
That's a shame... I know you would have had a great time, especially being a lover of animals... and none of them are mechanical! Haven't you got some other way you could get to us?

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/6/2008, 7:57 am

Park is all set up, and the purple gazebo is there. As you drive up to it, the space to the right is for the 260's, then to the left and behind it is us, and then to the left of us are all the other F's, and finally the F reg gazebo. However, the space is limited, and so we don't have a huge amount of width, so cars will have to be in rows going back, or mixed in with the F reg ones. We have to be fair and share the allocated space with F reg and the 260's!

Please keep the space to the right of our Gazebo free for the 260's.

I'm off to bed now, as had a very hectic day working on Maxines car, then at the park, then spraying and replacing Kathryn's wing mirror which got smashed by a van this morning! I've gotta be up at 6.30!

See you all tomorrow!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 1/6/2008, 8:01 am

Nice relaxing weekend you're having!

Have a great day tomorrow - sorry I won't be there, but sure you'll all have a fab time!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 1/6/2008, 8:03 am

Cleaned my car today and are all set to join you Smile
Can someone, anyone, PM me with a mobile number that I can ring if I get lost finding the convoy start!

Thanks
Darren.
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/6/2008, 8:05 am

scubastewart wrote:I've gotta be up at 6.30!
Same here! I'm just hoping we get to the park in a reasonable time. It's depending heavily on everyone being at the meeting points on time and ready to go. AutoRoute reckons 1 hour for the trip, but TomTom says 1.5 hours... We'll see you when we get there!!!!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/6/2008, 8:08 am

darrenzs wrote:Can someone, anyone, PM me with a mobile number that I can ring if I get lost finding the convoy start!
PM sent!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 1/6/2008, 8:16 am

Although I'm not much help for the convoys, if you have any difficulties or problems, then my mobile number is about to be published in the Announcements section of this forum which can only be seen by SMS members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Knott 1/6/2008, 8:41 am

We have a family party starting at 2.30 just down the road from Burford in Witney so I should be able to make it across for a few hours, my wifes keen as well. I'll probably be in the TF and the wife in her ZR. Early start for me as well as my better half wants her ZR sparkling!!
Andy Knott
Andy Knott

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 2/6/2008, 7:09 am

A fantastic day, which started out with a few of us getting caught with out tops down in the wet but dried up to allow us to enjoy a good drive to the event and be part of a nice selection of MGs. I believe that this was the largest gathering of MGF/TFs they'd ever had attending and it made for quite a sight.

Thanks must go to the Oxon MG Owners' Club, including our own Stewart, for their hard work in organising the day. And the Costwold Wildlife Park for making us so welcome.

Stewart has promised to do a review for our website and there will be selected pictures to accompany it, along with links to other members' galleries. My pics can be viewed here (minus the animal shots!).

And of course we must not forget that the Best ZS award went to an SmS member. Well done Matto! See the congratularoty thread here.

MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 3 74467eb2

Rich

Last edited by Rich Stone on 2/6/2008, 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/6/2008, 7:14 am

Not as many pictures as usual there rich!! But some real good ones!

Great Day Stewart and very well organised, all that hard work paid off!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 2/6/2008, 7:15 am

Good day out(even if i managed to miss the convoy waypoint Laughing )!! although am i the only one who thought the wildlife park seemed a little short on ..er.... wildlife?? confused

Didn't rain on way home so a chance to get the top down and have a blast... Driver .........seriously thinking about a windstop now.
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 2/6/2008, 7:17 am

A big well done to everyone who helped organise it, and all those who attended.

Maybe next year they could have a few more stalls going on and some other things to do. I know there was the wildlife park bit, but maybe more MG stalls.

Last edited by M77XNE on 2/6/2008, 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next