Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008

+11
c-j
darrenzs
ladyluck
Stu
Davemul
dressur
Captain Jack
Dark Knight
M77XNE
Matto 180
Rich
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008

Post  Dark Knight 22/5/2008, 6:31 pm

Stew if you need a hand with out just let me know as i'll be coming striaght there!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: MGs in the Park (A Grand Day Out) - 1st June 2008

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 7:47 pm

Cheers Paul. We should be all sorted, as I will have set most things up on the Saturday after the park is closed, and then will be there before the park opens on sunday morning to finish off. OxfordMG have all of the other duties covered, so should be sorted.

Lee, the Pride of Ownership is not going to be self judged, but have 3 judges. I have pointed out to them that they should take into consideration that cars parked in garages and not used don't really warrant winning POO!!!! So, tell Debs to enter!!! And make sure she emphasises that it is her main car and used daily!!! I'll help with polishing to make sure it's immaculate....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 22/5/2008, 8:41 pm

scubastewart wrote:Cheers Paul. We should be all sorted, as I will have set most things up on the Saturday after the park is closed, and then will be there before the park opens on sunday morning to finish off. OxfordMG have all of the other duties covered, so should be sorted.

Lee, the Pride of Ownership is not going to be self judged, but have 3 judges. I have pointed out to them that they should take into consideration that cars parked in garages and not used don't really warrant winning POO!!!! So, tell Debs to enter!!! And make sure she emphasises that it is her main car and used daily!!! I'll help with polishing to make sure it's immaculate....

Any other particular requirments to enter this?? mine after all is my daily car too!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 9:15 pm

Nope, I think it is £2 to enter. And once you arrive you'll find details about where to go.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Davemul 26/5/2008, 7:22 am

Karen and I will be there as long as its not p***ing down and we have stopped arguing about which one of us is going to pay to get in Very Happy

Cheers

Dave M
Davemul
Davemul

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 26/5/2008, 9:58 am

Davemul wrote:Karen and I will be there as long as its not p***ing down and we have stopped arguing about which one of us is going to pay to get in Very Happy

Cheers

Dave M

each pay half!!! wont that settle it!!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 28/5/2008, 6:24 am

I believe I may be coming out to play - I've organised to get the train back from that Up North place on Sat morning.

I will bring my hacksaw in case anyone is feeling helpful - I have achieved looseness by means of wd 40, kicking and swearing- it's only the red plastic bit that is preventing me from achieiving a working spare wheel!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 29/5/2008, 4:22 am

I've just updated the first post with convoy details (Meeting points, times, etc.). Please note (Lee!) that the Coffee Pot is a rolling waypoint. In other words, stay in your car so we don't have to wait...

Marcus, I've added you to the Coffee Pot Waypoint as it's probably easier for you to get to. Click here for the location. It's great you want to join us on the convoy after looking at where you coming from on the map, but of course you're more than welcome and we're looking forward to seeing you! If you would prefer meeting us at the Toby, click here for a map...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 29/5/2008, 7:27 am

No prob,I know the coffee pot now, how long do you reckon it will take us Rich and what's the route plan Question Any stops on route?(thinking of the ladies obviously Laughing ) e.t.a?

Bringing my dad along for this one,as he's actually not racing this weekend....just hope the sun comes out sunny so it's all the more enjoyable Very Happy and he'll want to go again.
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 29/5/2008, 7:32 am

Going to go Buckingham Bicester way for a change. I don't think we'll need to stop as it's not actually as far as the previous Oxon trips. Should be there around 10:15 -10:30am. Stewart has it all worked out for us for when we get there...

Rich.

Last edited by Rich Stone on 29/5/2008, 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 29/5/2008, 7:37 am

That's not as far as i thought then,quite a good run Cool will try not to get distracted with car chat with lee and keep a look out for you guys Very Happy
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 29/5/2008, 7:45 pm

just checked the Metoffice for the weekend!!!!!! things are looking up!! i'm keeping hopeful!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 29/5/2008, 7:55 pm

Please Note: Ben gentle with Maxine as she will have a bit of a bad head in the morning as she is going to have a Sex in the City night with the girls on Saturday. We will be starting with Cocktails at 5pm and finishing off at a club - Yum Yum, they are having a 'Northern Soul Night' on. Should be a real good laugh, and a drunken one....so, please - be gentle!!

Maxine!
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  ladyluck 29/5/2008, 8:06 pm

morning
luv to join you on sunday cheryl &ron
ladyluck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 30/5/2008, 6:51 am

ladyluck wrote:morning
luv to join you on sunday cheryl &ron
That's great news, look forward to seeing you there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 30/5/2008, 6:52 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:just checked the Metoffice for the weekend!!!!!! things are looking up!! i'm keeping hopeful!!!
The forcast I checked earlier said sunday would be like today was, so with a bit of luck it should be good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 30/5/2008, 6:53 am

M77XNE wrote:Please Note: Ben gentle with Maxine as she will have a bit of a bad head in the morning as she is going to have a Sex in the City night with the girls on Saturday. We will be starting with Cocktails at 5pm and finishing off at a club - Yum Yum, they are having a 'Northern Soul Night' on. Should be a real good laugh, and a drunken one....so, please - be gentle!!

Maxine!
Nope, gonna make you suffer!!!! All you gotta do is take it easy and not drink so much! I'll be txting you to make sure you take it easy!!! Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 30/5/2008, 6:57 am

scubastewart wrote:
M77XNE wrote:Please Note: Ben gentle with Maxine as she will have a bit of a bad head in the morning as she is going to have a Sex in the City night with the girls on Saturday. We will be starting with Cocktails at 5pm and finishing off at a club - Yum Yum, they are having a 'Northern Soul Night' on. Should be a real good laugh, and a drunken one....so, please - be gentle!!

Maxine!
Nope, gonna make you suffer!!!! All you gotta do is take it easy and not drink so much! I'll be txting you to make sure you take it easy!!! Laughing

Sod texting just keep rining her and act like a mother,

"i hope your not drinking too much"

"what time will you be home"

"don't be too late"
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 30/5/2008, 7:37 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
scubastewart wrote:

Maxine!

Sod texting just keep rining her and act like a mother,

"i hope your not drinking too much"

"what time will you be home"

"don't be too late"
She keeps calling me 'Dad' anyway when I was making sure she was doing her homework!!! Laughing

Anyway, let's be nice to Rich and try to leave this one on topic for the Grand Day Out!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 30/5/2008, 7:48 am

yes we'll your just ensuring that max does have a grand day out!! Embarassed where is rich again?

you all sorted then for sunday now?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 30/5/2008, 7:56 am

yep, seem to be, got both gazebos and the banners and regalia all ready to take over on the Saturday, and got a small pile of regalia to bring along on the sunday. Spent some time today preparing the stickers for the cars that go out on the run. Think we are just about there now!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 30/5/2008, 8:14 am

that means, the southmid sticker will be the first exterior mod i have!! Laughing good for an extra 10bhp im guessing?!?!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 30/5/2008, 8:17 am

marcus mgf wrote:that means, the southmid sticker will be the first exterior mod i have!! Laughing good for an extra 10bhp im guessing?!?!

only ten!!!! mines made more difference than that!!!! Surprised
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 30/5/2008, 8:21 am

marcus mgf wrote:that means, the southmid sticker will be the first exterior mod i have!! Laughing good for an extra 10bhp im guessing?!?!

Easily, that's why my car has about 10 stickers on, and I reckon it's given me about an extra 100bhp!!! It's better than fitting a turbo or supercharger! Laughing

Rich will have the SMS stickers there, we will also have for sale the MGF Register stickers. However, the stickers I have been doing today are the windscreen stickers for the cars that go out on the run, and they are specifically for this event! You'll have to do the run to get one, OR if any are left over then they will be for sale. I already have one in my car and they look pretty good (altho I would say that seeing as I designed them!).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 30/5/2008, 8:23 am

scubastewart wrote:yep, seem to be, got both gazebos and the banners and regalia all ready to take over on the Saturday, and got a small pile of regalia to bring along on the sunday. Spent some time today preparing the stickers for the cars that go out on the run. Think we are just about there now!

thats great news looking forward to it alot now!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next