Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010

+6
StevePem
Lee121
Captain Slow
Nick
Dark Knight
Rich
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Empty confused

Post  bomber harris 29/7/2010, 6:52 am

urrrm im a bit confused MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes do you have to pay an extra £16 for the road run then. ive paid for the tickets for the show .
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: MGFifteen - 1st August 2010

Post  StevePem 29/7/2010, 8:00 am

Yep

The entry tickets are just that, road run is £16 in addition

Cheers
Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 29/7/2010, 7:03 pm

Ouch, £16 to drive on the road run!!!! Why is it so expensive?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 29/7/2010, 7:57 pm

Captain Slow wrote:Ouch, £16 to drive on the road run!!!! Why is it so expensive?
Don't really know... Not my decision I'm afraid, but it may well be a reason why the uptake on the runs has been so low.
Dunno!
The Brit-Cars run is £18 but that includes entry to the event too... and it's twice as long!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 29/7/2010, 10:11 pm

Apart from the convoy to the event, if I don't go on the run do I miss out on anything else (e.g. a space on the stand in the show or something)?

I just feel a bit miffed about paying sixteen quid to drive in a convoy, on roads I've already paid for, to a show where I'll have to pay again to get in. MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 590841
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 29/7/2010, 10:14 pm

Rich wrote:
Captain Slow wrote:Ouch, £16 to drive on the road run!!!! Why is it so expensive?
Don't really know... Not my decision I'm afraid, but it may well be a reason why the uptake on the runs has been so low.
Dunno!
The Brit-Cars run is £18 but that includes entry to the event too... and it's twice as long!

Rich

Remember the price is £12 to car club members and it is a MGCC event so they get preferential price as members. It seems Rich all runs are suffering this year as you already have said the Brit-Car run is not doing that well either at the moment.

The length of the road run is dependent upon the route planned. The north run is 60+ miles, you put a shorter route together so it 'swings and round abouts' in length depending upon which route you choose to go on.
Sorry to hear some of you think the road run is too expensive but this is one of the few things we have to try and gain any cash to pay for the event. The event takes a major amount of cash to put on and as a Register of the MGCC we get no money from them so we have to try and raise our cash to cover event costs when we can. £12 per car is not a major outlay when you take into account the admin costs and rally plaque and programme with sticker included.

We had hoped the local regions would get a good turn out for each run but that has not worked. Looking through the road run car list, it seems more people are from outside the local areas than are members in it. the North and East are running at the same level of entries and I know there are a few more coming through for the North run but all runs are low this year.

Last year was the first time in 4 major events that we made a profit and I can tell you for the amount we got, we may have just put the profit in ourselves and ignored putting on an event for our members and other MGF/TF & zed owners and saved ourselves a lot of work. We are not out to make major profits but we need to at least break even and the road run fee is a way to do it.

Anyway, hope to see you at Gaydon and I do hope you enjoy the rest of the events being put on even if you do not think the road run is worth while. This is the last big trade show event so lets how it is a good one for all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 29/7/2010, 10:21 pm

Captain Slow wrote:Apart from the convoy to the event, if I don't go on the run do I miss out on anything else (e.g. a space on the stand in the show or something)?

I just feel a bit miffed about paying sixteen quid to drive in a convoy, on roads I've already paid for, to a show where I'll have to pay again to get in. MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 590841
It is not a convoy road run. You miss out on the route book, rally plaque and souveneer programme with window sticker. Souveneer programme can be purchased separately when you get to Gaydon if you do not wish to attend the run.

I am not sure if you have a stand in the show ( I have not heard one has been requested but I could be wrong) but you will be parked in car type when you arrive. We have display paddocks for birthday cars and anniversary cars. 260s, Zeds and other MGs will be parked separately and all other MGF/TFs will be parked together.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 30/7/2010, 12:33 am

Keith Williams wrote:It is not a convoy road run
I think everyone knows that but whichever way it's looked at, a small amount of cars following the same route is going to end up as a 'sort of' convoy, especially as several don't have passengers so rely on the car in front to navigate for them! Every road run I've ever done has resulted in a few cars driving together, but I don't see that as a big deal. The main point is that they have entered and are taking part...

At the end of the day, we all just want to have a great day out and that's what events like this are all about. So let's just go for it!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 30/7/2010, 1:32 am

I guess when Keith says it is not "a convoy road run" he is just pointing out that it is following a prepared route rather than just a straight drive from A to B on the shortest route.

I have done a few MGOC runs and I think they are good fun in that they take you off the beaten track a little and on some roads you may not otherwise use.

As for the cost, well, I think the cheapest MGOC one I have done is 20 quid so even at the non members price seems like MGCC runs may be cheaper. Maybe you could argue that if you book on the run there should be a bigger discount on the gate tickets or something.

If there are two of you in the car (or more in a tin top) 17 pounds each, all in (plus petrol) is not an expensive day out.

Bit more expensive when you end up on your own in the car though MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Icon_evil especially when you have bought two entry tickets in advance.
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 540801

As per other posts, I still have a ticket available if anyone wants it.

I am sure Rich will have devised a good route and I am looking forward to it, weather forecast is looking good at the moment!

Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Empty to expensive

Post  bomber harris 30/7/2010, 1:56 am

ive bought two tickets for me and my wife at £9.00 each, so im afraid im gona have to leave the road run out, to much for me anouther £16.00, i'd rather save my money in case i see something in there i want to buy. i thought it was just a convoy to the show . perhaps anouther time, i'd rather spend it on the mgf at the mo. MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Icon_biggrin so i'll see you all in there.
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 30/7/2010, 7:59 am

Stevepem-I'll have your ticket if it's still going spare-I'll take my own car but there's little point in me buying another ticket if it'd help you by having yours. MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Icon_smile

Drop me a PM regarding arrangements-maybe we could meet up and drive over there together on Sunday morning being as I join the M1 at J13?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 30/7/2010, 8:15 am

Steve is already paid up for the run... but there's nothing to say you couldn't follow him...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 30/7/2010, 8:38 am

Rich-Lee has got there before me with a bid for the ticket anyway, so that is that dilemma solved. MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 356801

I'll just make my own way up and meet everyone there-considering Em is coming with me too, between the two of us to do the run, gain entry to the show, fuel the car (not taking into account food) £50 odd quid is a bit too much.

What time are you all scheduled to arrive-it'd be good to park together if poss? (Well, at least Rich and I will MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 356801 ).
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 30/7/2010, 4:11 pm

All the runs are supposed to converge at the same time so we all enter the event together at around 10am. We will then be guided into specific areas based on model. I can see a problem for me here but hopefully they will allow Smudge to mingle with the zeds! Nobody seemed interested in having an SmS stand so we will all be scattered around the car parks.

How about a meeting point/time? I suggest 11am at the F Register stand... Cool

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 30/7/2010, 6:31 pm

OK, I'll aim to arrive before the runs to miss the rush! See you all at around 11am.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  bomber harris 31/7/2010, 2:09 am

im afraid i won't doing the run as i think £16 ontop of the £18 ive paid is abit to expensive, i'd rather spend it on the mgf. so i'll see you all there. MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 31/7/2010, 7:45 am

I'm camping so I'll wander over around 10 o'clock and wave you guys in...they're predicting rain at 10- 1 on sunday though...not happy
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3