Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010

+6
StevePem
Lee121
Captain Slow
Nick
Dark Knight
Rich
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 Empty MGFifteen - 1st August 2010

Post  Rich 17/3/2010, 8:14 pm

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 Mgf15logo

Once again, the MGF Register are gathering at Gaydon's Heritage Motor Centre for their annual event. This year, however, it is taking the role of a celebration of 15 years of the MGF and it's derivatives.

Click HERE for the official website.

Although this is our official thread for the event in general and for those wishing to attend to post on, we have also been asked to arrange one of the four runs into the event. Therefore, please let us know if firstly you would like to be on the run and secondly if you would like to be involved in the organisation of it!

Rich

Last edited by Rich on 25/7/2010, 4:56 am; edited 6 times in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 Empty Re: MGFifteen - 1st August 2010

Post  Dark Knight 17/3/2010, 8:24 pm

I noticed you got the East Road Run Rich, will be good if we can get great support on all the runs into Gaydon! Its the timinng that going to the the interesting part!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 17/3/2010, 9:00 pm

Yup I'll be going Rich, and if you need anyu help with the organising I can help with that too....
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 17/3/2010, 10:42 pm

Is this is F/TF event only or are Zed's able to come too?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/3/2010, 11:00 pm

Captain Slow wrote:Is this is F/TF event only or are Zed's able to come too?
Interesting question that is... Obviously, the event is to mark the 15th Anniversary of the MGF but it's in place of MGFest. However, I can't see a mention anywhere of whether the Zed Register are in any way involved. I'll keep looking...

Whatever, there won't be an exclusive MGF/TF only entry so if you want to go there shouldn't be a problem. After all, I'm going in a Rover!!!! Shocked Laughing

Rich Cool
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 17/3/2010, 11:13 pm

Attending....run and will volunteer as usual MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 Icon_biggrin
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 17/3/2010, 11:34 pm

Captain Slow wrote:Is this is F/TF event only or are Zed's able to come too?

Everyone is welcome, as it says on the official website its aimed at the modern MG enthusiast therefore - F, TF, ZR, ZS, ZT and SV owners

Whether the Zed's will have a specific area this year hasnt been mentioned yet, and it you look at the website the Zed Reg logo doesnt feature like last year!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 18/3/2010, 3:46 am

I'll willingly come and volunteer if Zed's are welcome.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 18/3/2010, 6:58 am

Zeds were in abundance last year....am sure there will lots this years as well
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/3/2010, 5:27 pm

puds121 wrote:Zeds were in abundance last year....am sure there will lots this years as well
The Zed Register were joint organisers last year but not this year. I'm not sure if that's because this year is an anniversary event and pushed as being different to MGFest. Anyhow, I'm sure the event will benefit from support from the whole MG community!

See you on the run then Ian?

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 18/3/2010, 10:45 pm

That's fine Rich.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 18/3/2010, 11:06 pm

I am definitely up for the run and the event.

Not sure how many organisers you need but happy to help out.

Cheers
Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2010, 6:08 am

On the 1st August, MGFifteen at the Heritage Museum, Gaydon, will celebrate the 15th birthday of the MGF. The event organised by the MGF Register will take a similar format to MGF10 being a one day show event. There will be camping on site for the Saturday evening for those who wish to make a weekend of it. There will be a bar on the campsite with an informal gathering taking place based around the bar and tents and after dark the Glo Car competition will take place.

Show day is Sunday and there will be four road runs in to the event. Join in the run and arrive at Gaydon in style with your fellow F’ers. We are expecting to see a lot of cars taking part in these so make sure you book for the run when ordering your tickets. The runs will be starting from the 4 main compass points surrounding Gaydon and will need to be prebooked before the day.

The North run – will start from the Tamworth services, junction 10 on the M42 (organised by the HoE region of the MGF Register)

The East run – will start from the Northampton services, junction 15A on the M1 (organised by Southmids Sportsters).

The South run – will start from Abingdon, close to Kimber House, but not from the house itself (organised by the TVR region of the MGF Register)

The West run – will start from Worcester Woods County Park - off Junction 6 or 7 of the M5 (organised by the 3CMG region of the MGF Register)

All tickets can be booked through the Heritage Motor Centre web site for the road runs & the event itself at
http://events.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/events_2010_mgfifteen.html

The club code needed to get a price reduction for the road run is on page 10 in the May edition or page 90 in the June edition of Safety Fast OR page 37 of FTF18. The club code gives you the discounted road run & camping prices but these can only be obtained via the Heritage phone line 01926 287728. It will not work through their online booking system. There is no discount for the show ticket other than the advanced reduced prices.

Don't forget to check out the MGFifteen website as well to see what is happening and how you can take part – there are details on all the ways you can do that at http://www.mgfregister.org/mgpitfiles/subsite/Aboutmgf15.htm

We are looking for 75th, 80th, 85th Anniversary models, Pre Production & 1995 registered cars to put on display. We are hoping for the largest collection of such cars at any event.

Please use the application form on the web page to enter the competitions as it really helps us when planning where everything goes and how much space to allocate etc. MGCC members get free admission to all competitions. Non members will need to pay a small entry fee.

If you need any further information you can contact the event organising team on
mgfifteen@mgfregister.org
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 6/7/2010, 2:52 am

So can we book onto the road run through SmS or do we have to call:
You can book your place on the run by phoning 01926 287728, remember to say if your coming from the North, East, South or West.
... as per the website?

Cheers
Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/7/2010, 4:14 am

StevePem wrote:So can we book onto the road run through SmS or do we have to call:
Tickets for the road runs are available only through the Heritage Motor Centre on 01926 287728.

Advanced show tickets are available either through the phone line or the Heritage website.

If you wish to take advantage of the MGCC discount on the road runs or overnight camping, this can only be done through the phone line.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 6/7/2010, 8:17 pm

OK Keith, thanks for the clarification

Cheers
Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 7/7/2010, 12:57 am

We are away for this one so will have to give it a miss.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 13/7/2010, 2:24 am

I signed up for the run today, anyone else doing it?
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 13/7/2010, 2:41 am

I hope so. Otherwise all my hard work will have been for nothing! I'm just waiting for Keith to get back to me with numbers entered so I know how many route guides to print off. Also, they are still trying to fathom a way of getting the rally plaques to each of the groups that are running the routes. They have said the alternative will be to hand them out at the event but that's a bit pointless as everyone wants to have them on the cars when doing the run! Rolling Eyes

More news as I have it...

Rich Cool
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 13/7/2010, 2:57 am

MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 993706
Rich wrote:I hope so. Otherwise all my hard work will have been for nothing! I'm just waiting for Keith to get back to me with numbers entered so I know how many route guides to print off. Also, they are still trying to fathom a way of getting the rally plaques to each of the groups that are running the routes. They have said the alternative will be to hand them out at the event but that's a bit pointless as everyone wants to have them on the cars when doing the run! Rolling Eyes

More news as I have it...

Rich Cool
Hmm, four organisers to get the plaques out to, how could it be done?

Four parcels and DHL springs to mind! MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 993706

Definitely have to have the Rally Plaque on for the run, otherwise it becomes an "I am at the show" plaque

They are posting out tickets, so for anyone who buys tickets in advance and books onto a run, they could send the plaque with the tickets?

Ho Hum
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 13/7/2010, 3:46 am

I don't think they could do that as HMC are sending the tickets and MGF Register are sending the plaques. Still, there's time to get them out to us for the start and I'm sure they'll find a way. Otherwise there will be many unhappy people on the runs.

Rich

Last edited by Rich on 13/7/2010, 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 13/7/2010, 5:59 am

It is not the how to get the rally plaques to the start points but the correct number to get to each one that we are working on getting straight. No point getting the wrong number to each start point. There is a cost to take into account too due to the post office pricing. I am sure the plates will be at the right point at the right time so no point to worry at present. Only prebooked car will get a rally plaque so we need bookings coming in early to ensure we get the right numbers to the right place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 13/7/2010, 6:20 pm

Keith Williams wrote:It is not the how to get the rally plaques to the start points but the correct number to get to each one that we are working on getting straight. No point getting the wrong number to each start point. There is a cost to take into account too due to the post office pricing. I am sure the plates will be at the right point at the right time so no point to worry at present. Only prebooked car will get a rally plaque so we need bookings coming in early to ensure we get the right numbers to the right place.

Hi Keith, just a bit of light hearted banterMGFifteen - 1st August 2010 Icon_biggrin, we know the issues regarding arranging logistics for events.

See you on the 1st

Cheers
Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 15/7/2010, 9:52 pm

Won't be able to make this one im at a mates wedding on the 1st & the 2nd will be recovering from the aftermath MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 590841
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 16/7/2010, 6:38 am

All depends on having a mgtf to drive as im not turning up in a megane!! MGFifteen - 1st August 2010 590841
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next