Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Tyres! How long would you expect them to last I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Tyres! How long would you expect them to last

5 posters

Go down

Tyres! How long would you expect them to last Empty Tyres! How long would you expect them to last

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 12:43 am

Just a quick question, how long would you expect GY Eagle F1 GSD2's to last (in miles) on a TF160, based on pretty normal driving?? (ie not not racing around everywhere )Question Exclamation
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Tyres! How long would you expect them to last Empty Re: Tyres! How long would you expect them to last

Post  daved 31/7/2008, 1:53 am

Forever........................if you don't use the car Laughing (I am sooooo funny Exclamation )

I picked my car up with thsoe tyres when it had done 32000 and was assured that they were originals (?)

I had to change them at 40,000 for an MOT but it sailed through the earlier Test.

Cheers

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Tyres! How long would you expect them to last Empty Re: Tyres! How long would you expect them to last

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 1:56 am

well thats very interesting as i know mine are the originals due to the week and year of production on the tyre, the car has now done 15.5k miles and there running on just above minimum. So now that makes me wonder why!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/7/2008, 1:57 am

Mine last about 6k!!!! But I do drive my car hard... I'd say 15k is about average, but it really does depend on how you drive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 2:02 am

scubastewart wrote:Mine last about 6k!!!! But I do drive my car hard... I'd say 15k is about average, but it really does depend on how you drive.

well i dont drive too hard to be honest only every now and then! but i do think my car has a bit of a secret past and i do think there are some questions that need answering
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/7/2008, 3:31 am

When I had GY F1s on my Montego Turbo all those years ago, they lasted about 12,000 miles on the rear and 4,000 on the front! So I decided to change back to NCT2s. Unfortunately, they were discontinued... but so was the car when it rusted to pieces!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 3:54 am

mine are probably about right then!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/7/2008, 4:30 am

Should be more even all round on a TF though, what with the drive at the rear. Would be interesting to see how they perform next to the favourite Toyos. Also, the Conti Prem Continentals I've got on mine, which still look virually new after 3,000 miles and are still performing very well, dry or wet.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 31/7/2008, 5:24 am

What makes you suspect about the car's history, Paul?
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/7/2008, 6:25 am

Black and white striped tee shirt and balaclava found in the boot... Plans of local bank basement in glovebox... Cigar ash in ashtray...
Suspect afro

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 9:25 am

marcus mgf wrote:What makes you suspect about the car's history, Paul?

i'll get back to you, when i understand more about my engine!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 9:26 am

Rich Stone wrote:Black and white striped tee shirt and balaclava found in the boot... Plans of local bank basement in glovebox... Cigar ash in ashtray...
Suspect afro

Rich

now you've just given it away what my second job is Laughing Laughing
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 1/8/2008, 5:52 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:well thats very interesting as i know mine are the originals due to the week and year of production on the tyre, the car has now done 15.5k miles and there running on just above minimum. So now that makes me wonder why!!!

I wonder too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 1/8/2008, 6:34 pm

dressur wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:well thats very interesting as i know mine are the originals due to the week and year of production on the tyre, the car has now done 15.5k miles and there running on just above minimum. So now that makes me wonder why!!!

I wonder too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you wondering about? you think they should last longer?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down