Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009

+8
Seb
Andy Knott
Nick
dressur
Matto 180
uk kiwis
Rich
Dark Knight
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 Empty Re: Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009

Post  Rich 2/2/2009, 5:23 am

Glad to see you all had a good time. I said before it looked like a good venue and reading through the posts it looks like it proved itself. Some good pics there too. Back here in sunny Northampton, we didn't even get a decent show of snow as promised. So no excitement back here at all!

Anyhow, as you were talking about a meeting place for next month, I thought I better show you the proposed venue. The link is here.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Stone on 2/2/2009, 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 Empty Re: Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 5:37 am

Rich Stone wrote:
If you can't wait, it's the Rising Sun at Little Hampden, postcode HP16 9PS.

Rich

Thats actually a great looking place and fab location. I hope its a sunny march as that would be awesome with the sun shining.

looking at it, its close to Bucks for all our new and old members and very central for the rest of us North, East and West........... So who picked it?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 2/2/2009, 5:51 am

I did, after spending a whole lot of time researching it, as I've written on the new thread. Well I didn't have much else to do today... Can't get my seal until tomorrow!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 5:56 am

Rich Stone wrote:I did, after spending a whole lot of time researching it, as I've written on the new thread. Well I didn't have much else to do today... Can't get my seal until tomorrow!

Rich

Fair enough! So the F coming back on the road i see (possibly)
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 2/2/2009, 5:59 am

Dark Knight wrote:So the F coming back on the road i see (possibly)
Well that's the plan... All depends how how much it all costs, bearing in mind I've got to cover getting it through the MoT, taxing it and insuring it!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 2/2/2009, 6:01 am

Dark Knight wrote:Well its up to you Ally and your Bucks crew to come up with something good!! Very Happy
Beaten to it!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 4 Empty Pub meet today

Post  MeetwithDamien 2/2/2009, 6:04 am

Hey guys it was very nice to meet you all today , It was my TF's first outing..! Dave said he also enjoyed the day out, Had to open the Tf out on the way home after losing Ally in the traffic Jam... Will the TF looked good passing me for that few minutes..! very nice day well enjoyed myself.. I have created the webpage with all the pics on it and Paul i'll take a look at your pics now and see if I can upload if you want me to post on the the page....

http://mymgf-tf.piczo.com/pubmeet1-2-09?cr=3&vsrc=preview&linkvar=000044
MeetwithDamien
MeetwithDamien

https://www.facebook.com/BroadmeadDevelopments

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 2/2/2009, 6:16 am

Dark Knight wrote:looking at it, its close to Bucks for all our new and old members and very central for the rest of us North, East and West...
Close to Bucks? It's IN Bucks! Rolling Eyes Cool

Hopefully, it'll be a chance to get a few of the new forum people signed up to the club as 'proper' SmS members too. I'll have my file, my camera and hopefully a new supply of stickers...

Paul, if I'm going to put some of your pictures on the website, I'm going to need some short captions to go with them. Can you possibly email something to me? Have a look at other event galleries to see the sort of thing I mean.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Stone on 2/2/2009, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  c-j 2/2/2009, 8:44 am

all,
good to meet up with a few again today - nice venue & company as ever.

special thanks to
... Paul: for the wrench demonstration - so impressed that a bought one on the way home to add to my collection - unfortunately it still didn't shift the last nut so will have to try an air gun next
...Stewart: for listening to my car - bit of a tough ask hoping you could diagnose a noise when stationary that is only appartant at 40+ mph - just shows how good we think you are! cheers anyway
... & Isla & Ruby: for picking the venue!!!!

all best
chris
c-j
c-j

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 2/2/2009, 8:52 am

Looks like you all had a good day today and it seems Shaggy has acquired some LE 500 alloys!
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 7:38 pm

c-j wrote:all,
good to meet up with a few again today - nice venue & company as ever.

special thanks to
... Paul: for the wrench demonstration - so impressed that a bought one on the way home to add to my collection - unfortunately it still didn't shift the last nut so will have to try an air gun next
...Stewart: for listening to my car - bit of a tough ask hoping you could diagnose a noise when stationary that is only appartant at 40+ mph - just shows how good we think you are! cheers anyway
... & Isla & Ruby: for picking the venue!!!!

all best
chris

No problem Chirs they are a handy tool...... so's the jack handle as we found out...

Anywa i picked the venue no matter what they say............ tut taking all my credit.....
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 7:39 pm

Rich Stone wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:looking at it, its close to Bucks for all our new and old members and very central for the rest of us North, East and West...
Close to Bucks? It's IN Bucks! Rolling Eyes Cool

Paul, if I'm going to put some of your pictures on the website, I'm going to need some short captions to go with them. Can you possibly email something to me? Have a look at other event galleries to see the sort of thing I mean.

Rich

Thats what i mean't you know my wording isnt the best! Tongue

Email coming yor way this morning

Pau
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 2/2/2009, 8:12 pm

and a certain small boy is sorry for being a miserable git yesterday. It was only when we got home and I found the uneaten bowl of cereal on the table that I realised what his problem was!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 2/2/2009, 9:12 pm

Sounds like it was a great meet guys - sorry i missed it!

Those black wheels look rude on Shaggy! Laughing

Looking forward to next months meet, to catch up with everyone and meet the new members! Very Happy
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/2/2009, 3:46 am

That was bad luck Rich, hope you get your car sorted without it being too expensive.

And yes, I have some lovely LE500 wheels, but not for long! I have already seen a design for some new wheels which are about to be made, and as soon as I am officially allowed to speak to the manufacturer, I will be trying to get a set! Only problem with the current wheels is that my brakes look tiny! I'm thinking I might try the Tarox 6 pots!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 3/2/2009, 4:15 am

Smudge is now fixed! Just need to pressure wash the engine bay now... although nothing will go rusty under the bonnet for the timebeing... Laughing

And Grover (Kate's 400) has a shiny new exhaust too. We have been busy today and still had time to play in the snow!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 3/2/2009, 4:19 am

Sound like a case of 2 down 1 to go........... great news!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4