Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009

+8
Seb
Andy Knott
Nick
dressur
Matto 180
uk kiwis
Rich
Dark Knight
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009

Post  Guest 28/1/2009, 4:28 am

Andy Knott might join us briefly, probably in his Fiat 500, as he is working on the TF at the moment to get it ready for Stoneleigh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: Pub meet in Oxfordshire - 1st February 2009

Post  Dark Knight 28/1/2009, 8:07 pm

Looking like its could be a good turn out just hoping the weather is good as the road up the pub is a good driving road!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  saffie 28/1/2009, 8:34 pm

Unfortunately, the parentals are descending upon Oxford that day, so once again I will be unable to attend. One of these months...
saffie
saffie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 28/1/2009, 8:36 pm

saffie wrote:Unfortunately, the parentals are descending upon Oxford that day, so once again I will be unable to attend. One of these months...

Bring them along for a pub lunch they will love it!

We'll try not to scare them8) and be on our best behaviour
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  saffie 28/1/2009, 8:39 pm

Ha! It'd be my dad who'd need to behave!

I've got to work on Saturday, so will be spending Sunday morning frantically cleaning before my slightly OCD mother walks through the door!
saffie
saffie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 28/1/2009, 8:42 pm

saffie wrote:Ha! It'd be my dad who'd need to behave!

I've got to work on Saturday, so will be spending Sunday morning frantically cleaning before my slightly OCD mother walks through the door!

Ha ha fair enough, i know about OCD mothers!

Your Dad sound like a laugh though, send him up in your car Laugh my a**e off!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 28/1/2009, 11:44 pm

There will be a Bucks convoy - I am bringing the newbies!

Meeting in the layby just off J2 M40 at 10.15 (head towards Beaconsfield, go round roundabout and its the one facing back towards M40)

Please note guys - I'm boringly well behaved as regards speed limits, and I will have my son in the car - so it will be a very sensible trip!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  willsavage 29/1/2009, 12:43 am

dressur wrote:There will be a Bucks convoy - I am bringing the newbies!

Meeting in the layby just off J2 M40 at 10.15 (head towards Beaconsfield, go round roundabout and its the one facing back towards M40)

Please note guys - I'm boringly well behaved as regards speed limits, and I will have my son in the car - so it will be a very sensible trip!

sounds good to me, no doubt you will have to go past my house to get to the m40 as i live of the a355. and note there is alot of road works with this stupid service station being built so be carful.
willsavage
willsavage

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 29/1/2009, 3:17 am

Nice one Ally got yourself a good bucks Crew now...

Have updated the first post!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  c-j 30/1/2009, 10:15 am

Hi all,
well it's been a while, but as Mr DK can vouch I was trying to get to this meet.

Still am but it depends on whether I can get a pass out and what symptoms the damn thing is exhibiting on sunday. Having just shelled out a fair few quid on a garage to house, she (or it) as I may refer to it now, has rewarded me with leaks, booms, and now hisses.

It may be either simple, imagined, or something a bit expense - if I make it I may have to ask to borrow someone with a good ear please.

Chris,

ps
I love it really - but my other 20yr old car causes me a lot less heartache!
c-j
c-j

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 30/1/2009, 7:29 pm

c-j wrote:Hi all,
well it's been a while, but as Mr DK can vouch I was trying to get to this meet.

Still am but it depends on whether I can get a pass out and what symptoms the damn thing is exhibiting on sunday. Having just shelled out a fair few quid on a garage to house, she (or it) as I may refer to it now, has rewarded me with leaks, booms, and now hisses.

It may be either simple, imagined, or something a bit expense - if I make it I may have to ask to borrow someone with a good ear please.

Chris,

ps
I love it really - but my other 20yr old car causes me a lot less heartache!

Might be a good idea to bring it along then so we can all diagnose your problems! Sorry i meant the car Laugh my a**e off! early morning!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/2/2009, 9:12 pm

Disaster has struck Smudge. He's blown a cam seal and covered the whole engine bay with a layer of engine oil. It could be worse I suppose, as I think I can do a seal myself, but not very good timing. Looks like I'm not only going to miss an official SmS pub meeting for the first time ever, but I'm going to have to use up some precious holiday time at work to get it done.

You all have a great time today and don't forget the pics.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 1/2/2009, 9:57 pm

Rich Stone wrote:Disaster has struck Smudge. He's blown a cam seal and covered the whole engine bay with a layer of engine oil. It could be worse I suppose, as I think I can do a seal myself, but not very good timing. Looks like I'm not only going to miss an official SmS pub meeting for the first time ever, but I'm going to have to use up some precious holiday time at work to get it done.

You all have a great time today and don't forget the pics.

Rich

Sorry to hear that rich. Hope you get it sorted soon

Paul
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 3:27 am

What a great pub meet today, 8 cars in total and 12 attendees. But best of all the pub was amazing lovely setting, great food and drink and a room in the back all to ourselves..

I was good to meet Will, Damien and Dave our latest members along with all the regulars..

Click here for some photo's from this Sunday's meet
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 2/2/2009, 3:40 am

Lovely day!! Although I wish I'd listened to Charlie / Stewart etc telling me to put my roof up for the return trip! I've been home 15 mins and my fingers have only just defrosted enough to type! Charlie remarkably unimpressed by top down driving in the snow!!

Glad to report that my quick fix appears to have worked, and Wriggly is running spot on! The boys lost me on the way back though - must have been driving like a granny!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 3:45 am

Come on Ally you know we are the hadcore ones Laughing
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  willsavage 2/2/2009, 3:47 am

good to see everyone today. hope every1 got home safely
willsavage
willsavage

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 2/2/2009, 3:50 am

Dark Knight wrote:Come on Ally you know we are the hardcore ones Laughing

I did it didn't I? And 50 miles to your 5!!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 2/2/2009, 3:52 am

willsavage wrote:good to see everyone today. hope every1 got home safely

I did! Had to unpeel my hands from the steering wheel though!

You lost me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  willsavage 2/2/2009, 3:54 am

dressur wrote:

I did! Had to unpeel my hands from the steering wheel though!

You lost me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was a big traffic jam! and we were only doing 70 home
so tired now tho
willsavage
willsavage

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 3:54 am

dressur wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:Come on Ally you know we are the hardcore ones Laughing

I did it didn't I? And 50 miles to your 5!!!

you sure did... Well Done! Now finish filling that hot water bottle!!!!

anyway i made it 25 min trip back it was so nice i too the scenic route, and even Ruby wasn't too cold.......
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 3:55 am

Good to see you too will, glad you make it and hope we'll see you again!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  willsavage 2/2/2009, 4:00 am

Dark Knight wrote:

hopefully next time it wont be a 100mile round trip!
willsavage
willsavage

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 2/2/2009, 4:21 am

willsavage wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:

hopefully next time it wont be a 100mile round trip!
It won't - next month is the Bucks meet, so we need to come up with somewhere good!!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/2/2009, 4:49 am

Well its up to you Ally and your Bucks crew to come up with something good!! Very Happy
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next