Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS?

2 posters

Go down

Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? Empty Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS?

Post  StevePem 17/10/2011, 10:22 pm

On the ZS, the reversing lights and rear wiper only work intermittently which I presume is down to either a dodgy switch or maybe only a dirty connection.

Does not seem to be any pattern to when they work and when they do not.

So, where exactly do I need to look to find the switch in the gearbox so I can check it out?
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? Empty Re: Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS?

Post  Matt Parker 18/10/2011, 4:08 am

The reverse switch on the PG1 gearbox is located on the front face of the gearbox next to the large metal support bracket. Its a simple 2 'bullet' connection wires being a male and female so you can't get the colours mixed up, if you want to do a quick test to see if its the switch at fault disconnect the wires and join them together on the engine loom.

If you still have your original airbox fitted then you may be better off getting at them from underneath the car and the connection joins are usually located dirrectly under the airbox.(you will see a black section of loom tube going across the top of the gearbox towards the front of the car)
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS? Empty Re: Reversing Light Switch Location on ZS?

Post  StevePem 18/10/2011, 7:38 am

Thanks Matt, I knew I should have left the cone filter on instead of putting the original air box back on Very Happy
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down