Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon

3 posters

Go down

ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon Empty ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon

Post  StevePem 19/8/2011, 9:30 pm

I know that the rear seat hinges/mountings are diferent on the ZS Hatch and Saloon but is that the only diference? Would I be able to use the cover from a saloon rear seat to recover the seat back on my hatch?

Is it possible to easily seperate the frame/mountings from the covered seat pads and swap them that way?

Would the saloon seat base be a direct fit into the hatch or would that present the same problems as the back?

I have been on the look out for Monaco red seats, I have seen three or four saloon ones in recent weeks but no hatch ones.

I don't care if I have to wreck the existing rear seat providing the resulting Monaco one would fit well and look good.

StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon Empty Re: ZS Rear Seats - Hatch v Saloon

Post  Matt Parker 20/8/2011, 12:05 am

The back rests are interchangeable as you just need to swap over the mounting brackets for the floor.

The base is completely different and wont fit nor will the cover material itself as it is sculptured differently and if you try to fit the material onto a hatch base from the saloon it will be tight in areas and baggy in others.

You may be able to get a trimmer to strip the material down and make it up to fit your hatch base which I think will be your cheapest route if you can't find the red monaco trim for a hatch other than brand new.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 20/8/2011, 12:17 am

Thanks Matt

I had assumed that the seat base would be straightforward, Oh well, will wait for a hatchback set to come up!

EDIT

Been thinking about it some more and wondering why it is so different - obviously the bodyshell was modified to make a 4 door out of a hatchback so was the floor really changed so much to require a completely chamged seat shape?

Or is it just an MG Rover foible - hatchback seat would work perfectly well but we will change the design for the saloon anyway!

I assume front seats would definitely fit!

May still consider the Saloon seats as they are £80, could always change the fronts, the rear seat back and throw a red car rug across the rear seat base Laughing

Last edited by StevePem on 20/8/2011, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added More)
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 20/8/2011, 7:19 am

StevePem wrote:Thanks Matt

I had assumed that the seat base would be straightforward, Oh well, will wait for a hatchback set to come up!

EDIT

Been thinking about it some more and wondering why it is so different - obviously the bodyshell was modified to make a 4 door out of a hatchback so was the floor really changed so much to require a completely chamged seat shape?

Or is it just an MG Rover foible - hatchback seat would work perfectly well but we will change the design for the saloon anyway!

I assume front seats would definitely fit!

May still consider the Saloon seats as they are £80, could always change the fronts, the rear seat back and throw a red car rug across the rear seat base Laughing

The hatchback squabs fold forward- so the backrests can fold perfectly flat, but only the backrests fold forward on the saloon, the saloon squab is fixed.

darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 20/8/2011, 9:07 pm

lol that's one way to fit the rear base Laughing

As Darren said it is so on the hatch the rear seat base pulls up which then allows you to fold the rear back rest flush in the floor giving a flat load bed. IIRC the saloon floor is also different due to the body design giving it it's strength, I have never actually compared the body floors between but the basic panel pressing itself is the same for 4 and 5 door on the parts, I would say if any changes it the smaller sections that are welded to it that make the difference if any.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 23/8/2011, 8:38 am

Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 23/8/2011, 7:28 pm

Hi Matt

Yes saw those. There is a full set for a 4 door on ebay for £80, buy it now. I think I will just hang on and see if a Hatchback set come up.

Glad you pointed out the one you spotted was actually for a 4 door, was half tempted to go for that at a low price then if I won it, go for the full saloon set and try to sell of the 4 door rear seat. Of course, I would have ended up with two 4 door rear seats and no hatchback rear seat!
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down