Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Wheel gunk I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Wheel gunk

3 posters

Go down

Wheel gunk Empty Wheel gunk

Post  dressur 20/5/2008, 6:01 am

I have to do a 300 mile round trip to drop my littl'un down at his grandparents for half term - but still have a spare that refuses to come off! Any one know where I can get the emergency stuff in case i have yet another puncture!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Wheel gunk Empty Re: Wheel gunk

Post  Dark Knight 20/5/2008, 6:05 am

dressur wrote:I have to do a 300 mile round trip to drop my littl'un down at his grandparents for half term - but still have a spare that refuses to come off! Any one know where I can get the emergency stuff in case i have yet another puncture!

any motorist store does it, also probably ebay too depends on how quick you need it
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 20/5/2008, 6:06 am

I'm pretty sure halford s sell it, take a wander down and ask the idiots, there, they'll say no we dont, so then look around and find it yourself Laughing ....that's how it seems to work when I go there anyway! hopefully your local guys are a little more helpful Smile
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/5/2008, 6:23 am

Nick wrote:I'm pretty sure halford s sell it, take a wander down and ask the idiots, there, they'll say no we dont, so then look around and find it yourself Laughing ....that's how it seems to work when I go there anyway! hopefully your local guys are a little more helpful Smile

Last time I went to Halfrauds - the spotty oik told me they didn't sell fuses!! Doens't exactly fill you with confidence!

I also rather object to 12 year olds asking me if I'm sure about purchasing two part filler-because it's quite tricky stuff to use!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 20/5/2008, 6:38 am

dressur wrote:
Nick wrote:I'm pretty sure halford s sell it, take a wander down and ask the idiots, there, they'll say no we dont, so then look around and find it yourself Laughing ....that's how it seems to work when I go there anyway! hopefully your local guys are a little more helpful Smile

Last time I went to Halfrauds - the spotty oik told me they didn't sell fuses!! Doens't exactly fill you with confidence!

I also rather object to 12 year olds asking me if I'm sure about purchasing two part filler-because it's quite tricky stuff to use!!

i know what you mean you can't ask them a simple question they always have to refer to a computer to see if they have it......
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/5/2008, 8:04 pm

dressur wrote:I have to do a 300 mile round trip to drop my littl'un down at his grandparents for half term - but still have a spare that refuses to come off! Any one know where I can get the emergency stuff in case i have yet another puncture!

Halfords definitely have it, and I think it is about £7 IIRC. Holts Tyre Weld or something like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 22/5/2008, 7:55 am

scubastewart wrote:

Halfords definitely have it, and I think it is about £7 IIRC. Holts Tyre Weld or something like that.

I've got some - now all i need is a bunch of big strong men and a hacksaw at the next meet!!!!!!!!!!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 8:19 am

dressur wrote:
scubastewart wrote:

I've got some - now all i need is a bunch of big strong men and a hacksaw at the next meet!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem, we'll have a look and see what we can do. I'll bring the hacksaw just in case.... My usual labour rate is 2 portions of chilli for an hours work!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 22/5/2008, 8:26 am

scubastewart wrote:
dressur wrote:
scubastewart wrote:

No problem, we'll have a look and see what we can do. I'll bring the hacksaw just in case.... My usual labour rate is 2 portions of chilli for an hours work!

I do a pretty damn fine Chilli - Seems like a good deal!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 8:29 am

Nick might be cheaper, but as they say, you get what you pay for!!!! Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 22/5/2008, 8:33 am

scubastewart wrote:Nick might be cheaper, but as they say, you get what you pay for!!!! Laughing

Nick doesn't need food parcels though - so it depends on the deal really!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 8:35 am

Fair enough, but I actually own a hack saw, so I'm pretty cheap considering I bring my own tools! The big question is, how does your chilli compare with Maxines?! I need to make sure I'm going to do alright out of the deal!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 22/5/2008, 8:40 am

scubastewart wrote:Fair enough, but I actually own a hack saw, so I'm pretty cheap considering I bring my own tools! The big question is, how does your chilli compare with Maxines?! I need to make sure I'm going to do alright out of the deal!

I haven't tried Max's, so I can't comment! I've never had a complaint about my culinary masterpieces- which are stocked in many a bachelor freezer in South Bucks!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 8:41 am

Excellent, well I shall be glad to help in that case!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 22/5/2008, 6:36 pm

i think there is a new topic to this thread!! Maybe we should have chilli tasting event at one of the meets... I make a mean chilli too
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 7:55 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:... I make a mean chilli too

Blimey, need any work doing on your car???

I may never have to cook again! Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 22/5/2008, 8:33 pm

scubastewart wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:... I make a mean chilli too

Blimey, need any work doing on your car???

I may never have to cook again! Laughing

not at the min but i'll keep you on speed dial and a batch of chilli ready just incase!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down