Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009

+6
dressur
Dark Knight
Stiff
Nick
Rich
daved
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 Empty Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009

Post  daved 7/10/2008, 5:18 am

Anyone up for this? It is I think a Friday evening.

http://www.mgfregister.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2300

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 Empty Re: Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009

Post  Rich 7/10/2008, 5:33 am

I notice you haven't put your name on the list yet! Laughing Laughing

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009 Empty Re: Second Annual Arctic Run - 6th February 2009

Post  daved 7/10/2008, 5:33 am

Rich Stone wrote:I notice you haven't put your name on the list yet! Laughing Laughing

Rich

I'm not going on my own...................it'll be dark Shocked Laughing Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/10/2008, 5:35 am

Bit early for me to make any commitments at the moment, but I know they had a great laugh the last time they did it... And the thought of seeing the M25 so quiet is quite tempting! You never know...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 7/10/2008, 9:13 am

I could be tempted by this, sounds like a good laugh...any one else?....bagsy not behind anyone witha TT exhaust going through the tunnel though!
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stiff 7/10/2008, 10:01 pm

Is the M25 the best road for this sort of thing? It's loaded with speed cameras and it's just a motorway so there's no corners.

Two things are stopping me from joining in. One, I have a fixed roof. Two, Driving around in a big circle isn't much fun when you're stuck at 70mph on a motorway.

That's just me though.
Stiff

http://www.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/10/2008, 10:36 pm

Stiff wrote:Is the M25 the best road for this sort of thing? It's loaded with speed cameras and it's just a motorway so there's no corners.

Two things are stopping me from joining in. One, I have a fixed roof. Two, Driving around in a big circle isn't much fun when you're stuck at 70mph on a motorway.

That's just me though.
I think you're missing the point here... The run takes place in the middle of the night, when it's cold and possibly wet, and truly seperates the hardcore drivers from the chavs, although there may be chavs taking part!!!!

I don't think you would be allowed to enter anyway as one of the provisos is that your roof is down at all times...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 8/10/2008, 12:34 am

what if its torrential rain? we all gonna sit under the tunnels? because i know fro experience you need to be doing 80 to 90 to stop the rain getting you wet, which means after about 4 mile everyone will have 12 points and be banned from driving anyway!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Stiff 8/10/2008, 1:18 am

Rich Stone wrote:
I think you're missing the point here... The run takes place in the middle of the night, when it's cold and possibly wet, and truly seperates the hardcore drivers from the chavs, although there may be chavs taking part!!!!

I started a thread on this on the .org a while back.

Why drive around following eachother on a motorway when you can all sit in a pub and be sociable?

You can't talk to anyone if they are 30 metres ahead in another car.

If you all want to meet up isn't it a better idea to do it in a way that allows conversation?

I'm not fussed about not being able to go. I'll probably be out getting hammered that night Headbanger
Stiff

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 8/10/2008, 2:39 am

Honestly you lot are supposed to be die-hard driving enthusiasts. Cars are meant to be driven, not parked in car parks all the time whilst their owners get pi$$ed. I'm beginning to think we're attrating a bunch of softies... The whole idea is it's supposed to be a challenge! If I don't go, it will only be because circumstances have prevented me from doing so, not because it might be a tad cold...

Also, this run was a fantastic success last year and a great time was had by all who entered! That's why it's being run again...
Driver

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 8/10/2008, 4:20 am

I'd be up for it if we get a few from SMS go.
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Stiff 9/10/2008, 12:43 am

Rich Stone wrote:The whole idea is it's supposed to be a challenge! If I don't go, it will only be because circumstances have prevented me from doing so, not because it might be a tad cold...
We all know how difficult motorways can be Laughing Especially at night when no one else is on them!

Have fun guys. I get my kicks on b-roads.
Stiff

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 20/11/2008, 12:59 am

OK! I noticed Stu and Rich are on the F Register thread on this but not contributing here Shocked

There are Paul and I looking for company but are being ignored. Twisted Evil

Are we going to have an SMSers convoy to the M25 then or are you Committee Members and Car Club Directors too exclusive to be seen with the Dark Night and Scotian Wolf2 Question Question
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/11/2008, 1:07 am

I'm probably in!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 20/11/2008, 1:22 am

daved wrote:
Are we going to have an SMSers convoy to the M25 then or are you Committee Members and Car Club Directors too exclusive to be seen with the Dark Night and Scotian Wolf2 Question Question
You got it Dave, we don't hang around with riff raff like the DK and the SW2 any more! I didn't realise this thread was here, but thank you for bumping it! I'm going to do it, but I'm going to time a rolling start at the M40 junction!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 20/11/2008, 1:30 am

Riff Raff!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

All this directorship gone to ya head me thinks!!! Particualry all this talk of Chauffeurs!! Laughing
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/11/2008, 1:44 am

scubastewart wrote:
daved wrote:
You got it Dave, we don't hang around with riff raff like the DK and the SW2 any more! I didn't realise this thread was here, but thank you for bumping it! I'm going to do it, but I'm going to time a rolling start at the M40 junction!

You can drive Wriggly if Shaggy isn't fixed!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 20/11/2008, 2:52 am

As I said in the 5th post I'm up for this especially if there's a few of us going, it'd be giggle, just got to get round to seeing why she'd not driving right (havent driven her out since the last pub meet! Sad)
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/11/2008, 3:04 am

Nick wrote:As I said in the 5th post I'm up for this especially if there's a few of us going, it'd be giggle, just got to get round to seeing why she'd not driving right (havent driven her out since the last pub meet! Sad)

Theres your answer - She's sulking!!

Wriggly has been starting every jourmey like a kangaroo since I stopped doing my daily Oxford commute!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 20/11/2008, 3:04 am

Nick wrote:As I said in the 5th post I'm up for this especially if there's a few of us going, it'd be giggle, just got to get round to seeing why she'd not driving right (havent driven her out since the last pub meet! Sad)

you got plenty of time, it's not until Feb is it????
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 20/11/2008, 4:11 am

daved wrote:OK! I noticed Stu and Rich are on the F Register thread on this but not contributing here Shocked

There are Paul and I looking for company but are being ignored. Twisted Evil

However, I haven't seen DK's name on the MGF Register thread either... and that's the main event thread! Rolling Eyes

Also, I've only really said on there what I wrote on this thread earlier. It's all dependent on dosh. I'm not taking Smudge as that rather defeats the object, but Ollie would have to be put back on the road earlier than planned...

But I am seriously considering it! Big eyes!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 20/11/2008, 5:11 am

I' never on the F Reg Rolling Eyes my priorities lie here Very Happy plus i thought we were having our own too. Sad
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 21/11/2008, 3:50 am

It is a long way off but we would be a starters if other SMS'rs are going. The idea you cannot talk, well, take two way radios they really make a trip like this. They gave a new dimention to the Swiss trip we made.

Will post on the 'F' register nearer the time I guess.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 21/11/2008, 5:30 am

That's the spirit guys Very Happy
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 14/1/2009, 1:23 am

Right then this is only a few weeks off so thought we could get it back on the agenda, you think we can create a list yet? or even something under the events section if we get enough?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next