Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!!

+2
Nick
cejsmith
6 posters

Go down

Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! Empty Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!!

Post  cejsmith 16/1/2012, 5:50 am

Well chaps I've brought a Rover 75 1.8 T Connoisseur SE estate.

It a bit of a flyer and it's not working and has been layed up for 9 months, so I have to get brought up here ( it's about 120 miles away) and then see whats wrong.I think it's probably HGF but we shall see.

Here are a few pictures,what do you think???

Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! IMG_0667

Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! IMG_0670

Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! IMG_0665
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! Empty Re: Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!!

Post  Nick 16/1/2012, 6:43 am

I have to say I think of you Colin and I instantly think ...beige Rover Laughing

Actually I like the touring version and the ride is far better on the Rover than the ZT so nice one - whose doing the gasket for you?.

I know you like a deal so with a blown engine I assume he paid you to take it away for him....I guess you'll have to see if Lee is allowed to borrow his works wagon and backhaul it for you
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!! Empty Re: Well I need to order the pipe and slippers!!!

Post  cejsmith 16/1/2012, 7:07 am

Thansk Nick , that is the image I'm going for Sad

I will get it collect for about £150 which doesn't seem to bad for the distance, as for the head gasket. I may have a go myself and see if I can talk anyone in to giving me a hand.( assuming it is the head gasket gone, but saying that when I checked the dip stick and cap there was no mayo, but the tank was empty.)

Does anybody( Matt) know if the 75 has the same problems with the caps on the expansion tanks????
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 16/1/2012, 7:20 am

Have a good look around the upper coolant pipes from the radiator and the turbo as these are common for leaking at the joints and required the clips to be changed to hose clips. The expansion tanks can are usually ok apart from they discolour quite badly and look awful, the expansion caps can weap but not too badly to cause any issues for the engine, the main failure point is the radiators splitting between the end caps and the core. So just have a real good nose around all of the coolant system before and once you have topped up the system and have it running.

Not too bad of a car, its just the trim is so ugly compared to the ZT and the seats are not the best for support but then they may suit you better as your a big lad Very Happy
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 16/1/2012, 9:22 am

Matt Parker wrote:Not too bad of a car, its just the trim is so ugly compared to the ZT and the seats are not the best for support but then they may suit you better as your a big lad Very Happy

LOL!!! Laughing Nothing like being honest Matt.

That looks good Colin apart from the colour...the interior is nom nom though-nice place to spend time.

If you feed me I may be tempted into giving you a hand at some point Laughing
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 16/1/2012, 9:28 am

Captain Slow wrote:

That looks good Colin apart from the colour...the interior is nom nom though-nice place to spend time.

Dont fall for that Col, do you remember the size of the steak and pud he had at the rolling road day?...cheaper to get a Porsche mechanic who's never seen a K series to do it whilst blindfolded.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 16/1/2012, 7:56 pm

Looks exactly like the Minister for Health, Andrew Lansley's car except his has a big dent on the nearside rear wing... Oh, and his is a diesel!

Looks like a good car, although I'd definitely change the seats. Those give me nightmares as they're the same design as the leather 45 ones. I found them very uncomfortable. Look out for some nice ZT-T seats that contrast the interior nicely and I'm sure you'd be happier.

Well done on finding a bargain with space, bling and class! Laughing
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 16/1/2012, 8:17 pm

Looks good, definitely suits you Very Happy

It will obviously need a good overall service as well as the coolant issue but hopefully will still be a bargain buy.

Should keep you out of mischief for a while - either that or will keep Martin gainfully employed!
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 16/1/2012, 8:30 pm

Rich wrote:Looks exactly like the Minister for Health, Andrew Lansley's car except his has a big dent on the nearside rear wing... Oh, and his is a diesel!

Looks like a good car, although I'd definitely change the seats. Those give me nightmares as they're the same design as the leather 45 ones. I found them very uncomfortable. Look out for some nice ZT-T seats that contrast the interior nicely and I'm sure you'd be happier.

Well done on finding a bargain with space, bling and class! Laughing

We I haven't driven it, but when I sat in them they seemed comfy to me , also they are full memory electric ones and they are heated.( great on a cold day!!!)
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 17/1/2012, 8:17 pm

Captain Slow wrote:
Matt Parker wrote:Not too bad of a car, its just the trim is so ugly compared to the ZT and the seats are not the best for support but then they may suit you better as your a big lad Very Happy

Iain what food do you require ( and it what amounts!!!), the cars being delivered on friday so if your around at the weekend , any help would be appricated.
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 19/1/2012, 8:39 pm

cejsmith wrote:
Captain Slow wrote:

Iain what food do you require ( and it what amounts!!!), the cars being delivered on friday so if your around at the weekend , any help would be appricated.

I take the amount question as a challenge Laughing I may be around Sunday if you want me to pop over?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 19/1/2012, 8:44 pm

That would be great Iain, hopefully be then I may have sussed whats wrong with the engine!!!!

If not you can come over and say why on earth did you buy that bag of sh** Very Happy
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 19/1/2012, 11:43 pm

Have you still got my number? Drop me a text on Saturday and let me know if you want me to come over.

What is it actually doing/not doing?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down