Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Volvo and TF have a common problem! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Volvo and TF have a common problem!

3 posters

Go down

Volvo and TF have a common problem! Empty Volvo and TF have a common problem!

Post  cejsmith 3/11/2011, 5:00 am

As some of your know my TF had a problem with it's tickover, this turned out to be caused by the VVC set up being one tooth out, this was sorted and the car is now fine.

My volvo is now in the garage because of a oil leak and lack of power and after the garage has had a look the oil leak is coming from the VVT control unit and the timing on the exhaust cams is about 1 tooth out Shocked

Just goes to show most garages can't change a cam belt/ head without mucking up the timing!!!!
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Volvo and TF have a common problem! Empty Re: Volvo and TF have a common problem!

Post  Matt Parker 3/11/2011, 7:48 am

well I was going to say what they have in common is a careless driver Tongue

just goes to show that you sure do pick them Smile
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Volvo and TF have a common problem! Empty Re: Volvo and TF have a common problem!

Post  Captain Slow 3/11/2011, 7:21 pm

What I'm more shocked about is the Volvo has VVT Laughing
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 3/11/2011, 8:07 pm

Captain Slow wrote:What I'm more shocked about is the Volvo has VVT Laughing

I'll have you know my volvo has a lot in commom with MG/Rover, both are now owned by the chinese and they both break down and leak oil Shocked

Saying that I'm not sure that the car just has a timing issue , I think it's not boosting properly!!!!!
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down