Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT???

+4
Sambomonkee
StevePem
Captain Slow
cejsmith
8 posters

Go down

Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? Empty Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT???

Post  cejsmith 31/10/2011, 10:34 pm

As I dropped the volvo of again to have it's oil leak looked at I though may be it's time for a change.

Whats people thoughts on the above and which model is best?????
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? Empty Re: Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT???

Post  Captain Slow 31/10/2011, 11:33 pm

Rover for comfort, 75 for comfort/handling balance. The 75 drives nicely, it's just as sporty as my Nan in a tracksuit.

And yes, I've driven both Laughing
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT??? Empty Re: Thinking of a Rover 75 touring or ZTT???

Post  cejsmith 31/10/2011, 11:40 pm

Captain Slow wrote:Rover for comfort, 75 for comfort/handling balance. The 75 drives nicely, it's just as sporty as my Nan in a tracksuit.

And yes, I've driven both Laughing

You have driven your nan in a track suit, that seems wrong on so many levels Shocked
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 1/11/2011, 1:22 am

"You have driven your nan in a track suit, that seems wrong on so many levels "

So what is the acceptable attire to wear when driving a Nan? Laughing
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 1/11/2011, 2:21 am

I like, but its sold Sad, the face lift ZTT is the one I would go for, and you will get alot of car for your money.

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 1/11/2011, 2:51 am

nice motor, I'd be tempted by a ZT-T diesel though, I tried one out as a company car back in 2004, nice motor, decent torque, but the ride was a bit firm, maybe the Rover would make a better cruising barge, depends what you're after I guess?
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 1/11/2011, 2:59 am

Sambomonkee wrote:

I like, but its sold Sad, the face lift ZTT is the one I would go for, and you will get alot of car for your money.

Not surprised really , alot of car for the money!!!!!

Does any one know how much power you can get out of the diesel with out blowing a fortune??

cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 1/11/2011, 4:08 am

They're a BMW engine so respond well to a remap apparently-I would guess 160-170bhp is within easy reach?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 1/11/2011, 5:14 am

I know someone running one of these who swears by (not at) it.

http://tuning-diesels.com/75Zt/R75tu3.htm
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 1/11/2011, 5:33 am

I know its a different engine, but my L series diesel has gone up 45bhp, with small money spent.

Remap - 200 pounds
MAFAM - 90 pounds
Turbo boost 19PSI - Free

I could also decat and put SDI injectors in, so another 60 pounds. The reason I havn't is that it would need another remap, but if I did it could reach 170bhp. Now that's 70bhp increase for not much cash.

My point being that I believe diesels are a damn sight easier (cheaper - my pug 807 from 135 to 190bhp, just in a remap!!), to increase BHP. The good thing is that diesel are generally stronger and can cope with it.

The bonus is you have all that BHP, huge amounts of torque and MPG to make your V6 cousins jealous.

EDIT: disadvantage is sounds like a diesel Sad

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 1/11/2011, 5:39 am

it would seem that a diesel though is about £2k more , so if you could have a v6 and lpg.

I need to find some and go for a blast. It's a shame that I'm far to tight for a V8 Shocked

Or what about a 1.8T with the boost turned up ( say that it would then use as much juice as the V6)
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/11/2011, 9:19 pm

There's a nice V6 on eBay and Auto Trader HERE. It's a Mk1 so much nicer looking front and it's green so will look lovely parked next to the TF! Good mileage and looks like the same spec as my dad's...
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 2/11/2011, 8:29 am

I like the ZT-T as they drive really well and after a long journey you don't feel tired at all, you just want to carry on driving Smile

I picked up a ZT-T 135+ 2004(mk2) for a friend March this year for £2,800 that ws a 1 owner, 119k miles and fairly tidy with afew extra's. Wasn't mint as when we got back to mine at midnight she opened the tailgate and the ball joint for the strut ripped out the body Shocked so I had to do abit of welding and painting on it at the weekend (problem was due to the car being used as a work van so excessive tailgate use) then just had to do afew other usual ZT/75 repairs such as the cooling fan resistor, door locking motors and lower engine mount bush.

I took the car back to her and going back to my first comment I didn't want to give it her back when I got to her's as it was just so nice to drive Smile wouldn't get rid of my ZS or any other cars, I'd just add it to the fleet Laughing

It took us several months to find the right car though, as the original plan was to go with a 1.8 T but ever one that I went to see would need more work, even one that had recently had a new engine and Turbo needed more investigation(poss fuel pump, common fault) but it didn't hit the right notes when I road tested it. best thing for you to do is look at and drive as many as you can to help find the right car.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down