Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Break up or keep for 'future project'?  I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Break up or keep for 'future project'?

5 posters

Go down

Break up or keep for 'future project'?  Empty Break up or keep for 'future project'?

Post  Rich 6/8/2011, 11:59 pm

I really can't decide on whether to break Ollie up completely or keep as a long term restoration project, buying bits and pieces as they come up as good deals. It's not costing me anything to have him sat on my drive and mechanically he is still fine. It's just cosmetics really. Admittedly, one or two parts have gone but not things I can't easily and cheaply replace. And we do have a lot of history. He was even our wedding car!

But... If anyone was to start offering me reasonable sums for parts, that may sway my decision. After all, there's a perfectly good VVC engine sat there, along with all the running gear, most of the interior, alloy wheels, etc.

Break up or keep for 'future project'?  Db9dbb87

Hmmm... Dunno!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Break up or keep for 'future project'?  Empty Re: Break up or keep for 'future project'?

Post  uk kiwis 7/8/2011, 3:40 am

How much for 'Teddy'...............
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Break up or keep for 'future project'?  Empty Re: Break up or keep for 'future project'?

Post  Nick 7/8/2011, 3:45 am

Rich i reckon you should keep him, Get a list of what you need, let me and Ed and Ben and any of the other ebay ninjas know what you need to fix her up and how much you'd want to spend and we could keep an eye out for you too...
I can imgine these little cars will start increasing in value in about 5 years, once they've reached full classic status and are 20 years old more and more people are recognising them as great fun or second cars so you could make a few quid.
Plus I've always got some spares floating around to help out if needed. It could be an SMS project, between us all.... that or flog it to Colin, its a VVC after all Laughing
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 7/8/2011, 4:48 am

Nick wrote:
Plus I've always got some spares floating around to help out if needed. It could be an SMS project, between us all.... that or flog it to Colin, its a VVC after all Laughing
Well you know me , I would be interested , so how much would Rich pay me to take it away Laugh my a**e off!
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/8/2011, 5:12 am

cejsmith wrote:...so how much would Rich pay me to take it away Laugh my a**e off!
If you pay me a reasonable sum first, you can then take it away for free... Coffee

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 7/8/2011, 8:38 am

As you said he's not taking up any valuable room and you don't need to get rid of him so may as well keep him and you can play in the future when your bored or think of news thing to do but don't want to alter TC.

but if someone wanted some parts and offered you a reasonable sum for those parts then I guess it would make sense to break him up.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down