Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Been Rather Busy I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Been Rather Busy

3 posters

Go down

Been Rather Busy Empty Been Rather Busy

Post  Benjs 2/8/2011, 11:26 pm

Well as the title alludes to i,ve been rather busy on two fronts. First i've had a lot on so all below was actually completed two weekends ago.

Second i finally got round to sorting two of the biggest issues i had with Macleod, mainly the brakes & discs as well as the suspension.

Suspension wise i have gone for the same set up as Nick (& soon Ray) with the GAZ adjustables & i have to say it does make the handling more sportscar like with more flex over bumps & more grip into corners.

For the brakes i went with the drilled & grooved discs finally & green stuff pads all road. I also drained the old fluid & changed to new (the hard way by pumping the brakes Big eyes! ). Have to say i now know why Nick reffered to my brakes as scary. What a difference, i can now stop with some vigour if i want or just slowly slow down there is so much more pedal feel & bite. Only down side was, taking him a for a purely scientific Raz i had a biker pull up next to me @ an island to tell me my brake lights were on permantly. So now i know how to adjust that switch & to disconnect it when pumping through new brake fluid Embarassed

Only 52mm throttle body & possibly some bushes to go now this year (unless the minor blow on the flexi becomes less minor)
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Been Rather Busy Empty Re: Been Rather Busy

Post  Rich 3/8/2011, 2:07 am

Benjs wrote:... Only 52mm throttle body & possibly some bushes to go now this year (unless the minor blow on the flexi becomes less minor)
Well I've been carrying the tb around with me in my boot for ages now, hoping I might actually be able to pass it on to it's rightful owner! Oh, and having two 52mm throttle bodies in the car does nothing for performance...
Laugh my a**e off! I'll get my coat!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 3/8/2011, 2:56 am

Well I've been carrying the tb around with me in my boot for ages now, hoping I might actually be able to pass it on to it's rightful owner! Oh, and having two 52mm throttle bodies in the car does nothing for performance...
Laugh my a**e off! I'll get my coat!

Rich

Dammit i was going for the 48/52 combo hoping for oudles more power Crying or Very sad TBH on the collection it was partially my fault neither collecties were available at the beginning of july so i can't complain & i know you'll have kept it safe.
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  gotenks1321 3/8/2011, 9:28 am

The Gaz adjustables do make a big difference Headbanger

What settings have you got them on at the moment?
gotenks1321
gotenks1321

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 3/8/2011, 9:02 pm

gotenks1321 wrote:The Gaz adjustables do make a big difference Headbanger

I've had a little play with the settings (the joy of 6 spoke 16" is you can adjust them with the wheels on) & so far i've found the best alround settings are 10 front & 12 back, but this does depend on how you drive it (i.e. everyday/weekends only)
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  gotenks1321 3/8/2011, 10:17 pm

Benjs wrote:
gotenks1321 wrote:The Gaz adjustables do make a big difference Headbanger

I've had a little play with the settings (the joy of 6 spoke 16" is you can adjust them with the wheels on) & so far i've found the best alround settings are 10 front & 12 back, but this does depend on how you drive it (i.e. everyday/weekends only)

Hmm, that's interesting. I had mine set to that originally and found it to be too hard (everyday car) so now have mine set to 3 front and 5 rear. I read somewhere that 0 is comparable to the standard shocks. Is your car lowered though?
gotenks1321
gotenks1321

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 4/8/2011, 12:56 am

gotenks1321 wrote:Hmm, that's interesting. I had mine set to that originally and found it to be too hard (everyday car) so now have mine set to 3 front and 5 rear. I read somewhere that 0 is comparable to the standard shocks. Is your car lowered though?
Nope not lowered just standard. Actually mine had gas done recently i believe so riding on the upper limit. I do have 215's all round though which i know affect handling but not sure about ride.
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down