Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Waterskiing!! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Waterskiing!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Waterskiing!! Empty Waterskiing!!

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 2:26 am

Just got back from Devon - and although I'm really pleased at how the car handled my first very long run- Godalmighty what a pig of a drive back - took me 5.5 hours, and had a fair few exciting moments relating to being blown about, and a bit of waterskiing on standing water on the M4! I'm putting concrete blocks front and back if I ever have to drive it in those conditions again!

Can somebody tell me why people do 70+ with no lights on when visibility is approx 3 car lengths and the roads are greasier than a three day old frying pan? I'm sure there are less messy ways to do yourself serious damage!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Waterskiing!! Empty Re: Waterskiing!!

Post  Dark Knight 27/5/2008, 2:35 am

dressur wrote:Just got back from Devon - and although I'm really pleased at how the car handled my first very long run- Godalmighty what a pig of a drive back - took me 5.5 hours, and had a fair few exciting moments relating to being blown about, and a bit of waterskiing on standing water on the M4! I'm putting concrete blocks front and back if I ever have to drive it in those conditions again!

Can somebody tell me why people do 70+ with no lights on when visibility is approx 3 car lengths and the roads are greasier than a three day old frying pan? I'm sure there are less messy ways to do yourself serious damage!

jusr done 3 hours back from manchester the last hour was the worst visibility i've had in a long time and like you say you get people who dont know how to use lights i dont get it either!!! I'm also seriously pi$$ed right now too!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2008, 3:49 am

dressur wrote:... and a bit of waterskiing on standing water on the M4! I'm putting concrete blocks front and back if I ever have to drive it in those conditions again!
This is why you definitely need to get a splitter of some kind fitted... It makes a major difference to the handling of the 'F at speed, even in the wet. Sticks the front down so you won't need and concrete! Laughing

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 3:52 am

Rich Stone wrote:
dressur wrote:... and a bit of waterskiing on standing water on the M4! I'm putting concrete blocks front and back if I ever have to drive it in those conditions again!
This is why you definitely need to get a splitter of some kind fitted... It makes a major difference to the handling of the 'F at speed, even in the wet. Sticks the front down so you won't need and concrete! Laughing

Rich

You calling me a speed demon? Bit worried about a splitter - what with my record for scraping over things!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2008, 4:18 am

Splitters don't actually make anything lower, except for maybe by the thickness of the material they are made off. You have a choice of two designs; The trophy one which is the one that moulds around the bumper as fitted, as the name suggests, on the trophy models, and the KH Style one (like on Stewart's and my car) which is screwed to the bottom of the bumper. Both are a similar price and have the same effect. But the difference is very noticeable and you don't have to be doing a tonne down the motorway to notice it!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 27/5/2008, 4:20 am

i'm after a splitter for mine actually (so next time i can carry the chicken home and eat it). Also at about 90-100 (on private raod) i get alot of lift!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 4:21 am

I shall check out everyones undercarriages at the next meet!!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 4:25 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:i'm after a splitter for mine actually (so next time i can carry the chicken home and eat it). Also at about 90-100 (on private raod) i get alot of lift!!

It's against the law to run something over then eat it yourself - Ok for the next guy to pick it up tho!!

I collected a pheasant in the front grille of my landrover a few years ago - slung it in the back, where it promptly came back to life!! Apparently it happens a lot, so am now very cautious about where I source my Sunday roast!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 27/5/2008, 4:26 am

dressur wrote:I shall check out everyones undercarriages at the next meet!!!

mines spotless apart from he blood splatter!!! Shocked
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2008, 4:32 am

For reference, here's the KH one...
Waterskiing!! 23af9eb1

...and here's the Trophy one...
Waterskiing!! Db493ea5

...and both on Charcoal cars!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 4:34 am

Rich Stone wrote:For reference, here's the KH one...

Rich.

Hmm - I'll bring my screwdriver to the next meet!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 27/5/2008, 4:37 am

dressur wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:For reference, here's the KH one...

Rich.

Hmm - I'll bring my screwdriver to the next meet!!

so who's the target ally, Nick's (trophy) or Stews (KH)???
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 4:39 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote: so who's the target ally, Nick's (trophy) or Stews (KH)???

Who do you reckon would put up least resistance? owner, not splitter!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 27/5/2008, 4:42 am

dressur wrote:

well i think if you can cook a good chilli you could distract Stew long enough with that!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 4:51 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
dressur wrote:

well i think if you can cook a good chilli you could distract Stew long enough with that!!

And maybe a nice treacle sponge with home made custard to make absolutely sure he can't move more than a few feet!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 27/5/2008, 5:06 am

and a drink just to be sure!!!! well you there next weekend? he's going to be very busy organisin!!! Cool
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 5:19 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:and a drink just to be sure!!!! well you there next weekend? he's going to be very busy organisin!!! Cool

Next weekend is a very touchy subject - I'm in South Yorkshire Thurs and Fri for work, but have just learnt that the girl I'm going with has arranged to bring her husband - and they are going for a romantic weekend break - not driving back down this way til Sun night - muggins looks like being stuck on her tod up there Sat and Sun!! Not impressed!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 27/5/2008, 5:20 am

Well I can recommend either splitter for the F (Ive had both types) as they both increase the stability at speed. The KH style one worked out cheaper as you dont have to have it sprayed they're about £40 from ebay, the trophy one costs the same, but needs painting so around £150 fitted.

I was reading that people are using a seat Leon Cupra front splitter on the TF as it fits pretty much exactly and only costs about £23 from the main dealer, it's also subtle unlike the TF snowplough splitter that some people fit.

By the way Ali, I reckon it'd be easier to steal Sews Splitter he's got the look of a man who'd be easily distracted by food Laughing Big eyes! Wink and that KH splitters easier to nick than the Trophy one, he's probably deaf by now so wouldnt hear you getting busy with the spanners, might as well have his bonnet as well Tongue
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 27/5/2008, 5:23 am

funny you mention that Nick i'm after getting the seat one!! as it does look very good on the TF
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2008, 5:24 am

dressur wrote:Next weekend is a very touchy subject - I'm in South Yorkshire Thurs and Fri for work, but have just learnt that the girl I'm going with has arranged to bring her husband - and they are going for a romantic weekend break - not driving back down this way til Sun night - muggins looks like being stuck on her tod up there Sat and Sun!! Not impressed!!
Take your own car and then fly down when you're ready. You can't miss our meeting now... You're committed! (or maybe you should be... Laughing )

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 5:24 am

Nick wrote:By the way Ali, I reckon it'd be easier to steal Sews Splitter he's got the look of a man who'd be easily distracted by food Laughing Big eyes! Wink and that KH splitters easier to nick than the Trophy one, he's probably deaf by now so wouldnt hear you getting busy with the spanners, might as well have his bonnet as well Tongue

He's already admitted that he's led by his stomach - so no worries there!

I'd have his bonnet too - but it's got those funny marks on it!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 5:26 am

Rich Stone wrote:
dressur wrote:Next weekend is a very touchy subject - I'm in South Yorkshire Thurs and Fri for work, but have just learnt that the girl I'm going with has arranged to bring her husband - and they are going for a romantic weekend break - not driving back down this way til Sun night - muggins looks like being stuck on her tod up there Sat and Sun!! Not impressed!!
Take your own car and then fly down when you're ready. You can't miss our meeting now... You're committed! (or maybe you should be... Laughing )

Rich.

I would - but she won't drive Triggers trailer without someone there - and her husband is getting the train up on Friday morning!!

I'm pondering!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2008, 5:26 am

Nick wrote:I was reading that people are using a seat Leon Cupra front splitter on the TF as it fits pretty much exactly and only costs about £23 from the main dealer, it's also subtle unlike the TF snowplough splitter that some people fit.
More of a cosmetic thing on a TF though as the front bumper was designed with the aerodynamics of the Trophy splitter in mind. So if you're looking for a major difference in handling, don't bother as you won't get it!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2008, 5:27 am

dressur wrote:I would - but she won't drive Triggers trailer without someone there - and her husband is getting the train up on Friday morning!!

I'm pondering!!
That's her problem... Not yours!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 27/5/2008, 5:31 am

Rich Stone wrote:
dressur wrote:I would - but she won't drive Triggers trailer without someone there - and her husband is getting the train up on Friday morning!!

I'm pondering!!
That's her problem... Not yours!

Rich.

Ooh - you're a hard man Rich....
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next