Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009

+6
Nick
Seb
Zedhead
Paul Reid
Matto 180
Rich
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009

Post  Zedhead 5/6/2009, 11:24 pm

I am going to have to dip out of this i am afraid - i am not scared of the rain, its that i am off to Le Mans on wednesday, and being at work mon and tues only leaves me the weekend to sort everything out - and seeing as were camping i have an aweful lot to do!

Its a real shame as i was looking forward to seeing all you monkeys Embarassed - er..... i mean those monkeys....er ..... in the zoo..... Laughing

Have a good one and make sure you get lots of pics!
Zedhead
Zedhead

Back to top Go down

MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009

Post  Rich 6/6/2009, 1:48 am

A shame you can't come but perfectly understandable. I think Le Mans rates a little higher compared to meerkats!
Tumbleweed Laugh my a**e off!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedhead 6/6/2009, 2:50 am

it is a shame as i wanted to see Nicks illuminated ZR, (lightsabre) - still Aston martin calls!

I hope Neil reads that i am not going as we did briefly discuss cruising up there together.

Have a good one folks!
Zedhead
Zedhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 6/6/2009, 9:29 am

Zedhead wrote:it is a shame as i wanted to see Nicks illuminated ZR, (lightsabre) - still Aston martin calls!

I hope Neil reads that i am not going as we did briefly discuss cruising up there together.

Have a good one folks!

Well it looks like KITT is staying in the garage this weekend! If it looks better on Sunday morning, I'll pop along.
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 7/6/2009, 2:13 am

Gonna have to pull out of this one now! Shame as i was looking forward to it as well!

Hope you all have a good one and take lots of pics!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 7/6/2009, 5:28 am

The forecast for Burford is now sunny intervals in the morning with showers in the PM.

I'm coming and so is Becky Very Happy

Rich, will we be passing either Brackley or Bicester so I can pick her up please?

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 7/6/2009, 6:04 am

I definitely won't make it as my TF is still at clifton lane ...yes you've guessed it HGF!! so bluestu is feeling particularly blue Sad

hope you guys get some sunshine.
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/6/2009, 6:48 am

The last update on the BBC Weather website shows conditions as follows, but was last updated over 12 hours ago:

MGs in the Park - 7th June 2009 - Page 2 4dde46a2

So the sunshine window is rather small... I think we'll have to see what it's like in the morning. If it's bucketing down, Kate & I will probably bow out as the animals (the residents of the park that is!) won't be out and we've done this event in the rain before and it wasn't fun. No

Dave, the route I planned is the same as last year, which means we can pick up Becky in Brackley as we've done before. She would need to be there at about 8.50am. It might be better for Nick to join us there too, unless he's feeling like an extended relay run!

Flippin\' weather! Driver

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 7/6/2009, 8:04 am

Hi all.....have just read your posted forcast Richard, really looks doubtful and I have the 'F' polished up for Tour De Lux/ Sweden..Really not keen to undo all the hard work now....

Sorry to say we are going to can this one.

Have a good day....Take your brolly
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 7/6/2009, 8:07 am

uk kiwis wrote:Hi all.....have just read your posted forcast Richard, really looks doubtful and I have the 'F' polished up for Tour De Lux/ Sweden..Really not keen to undo all the hard work now....

Sorry to say we are going to can this one.

Have a good day....Take your brolly
C'mon Dave. What else do you retire folk have to do in the week accept cut grass and wash cars! Dangle carrot

If you two want to come for the company I'll pick you up in the ZT?

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 7/6/2009, 7:07 pm

Sorry Dave, slept in instead.

That was a nice suggestion...I know I may be a party pooper but I was only going to support SMS. Not really into Zoo's no matter how large.

Annimals in the wild for me.....Oh dear..

If you went Dave, trust it was worthwhile....
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 8/6/2009, 2:22 am

Thanks Dave W. We had a great time. Haven't seen any rain since 9.30 when we hit the other side of Oxford. In fact I feel a bit light headed and shivery and guess I have some sun stroke! Shocked Cool

Pictures are here https://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/mrmedox/MGs%20in%20the%20Park%2009/

I'll do a review when I feel better.

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 8/6/2009, 5:44 am

Well in the end it was a great day, t5he trip there was horrendous, the F definitely got twitchy on the greasy roundabout joining the M40 Shocked
What a superb day it was though loads of cars a good venue, and only one comedy incident which Dave will no doubt mention in his review. We even bumped into a few of the ex SMSers as well.
A win for Paul and his Darknight TF in the Pride Of Ownership and a win for me........in the raffle Laughing .
A great hood down drive back just a couple of spots of rain, but I kept my speed up so none of it got inside the car.
Hopefully that's enough of a blast to get me through my emmisions tesat tomorrow.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 8/6/2009, 6:13 am

Glad it all went well and the weather held out. Your pics are great Dave,. Looking forward to the review. Don't forget that it's for the website, not here.

So how hard was it to put up the new gazebo? Wink

As for your MoT Nick, you'll still need to give it a blast beforehand... The cat needs to be hot for the best result. Hope it goes through this time...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 8/6/2009, 5:19 pm

Nick wrote:Well in the end it was a great day, t5he trip there was horrendous, the F definitely got twitchy on the greasy roundabout joining the M40 Shocked
What a superb day it was though loads of cars a good venue, and only one comedy incident which Dave will no doubt mention in his review. We even bumped into a few of the ex SMSers as well.
A win for Paul and his Darknight TF in the Pride Of Ownership and a win for me........in the raffle Laughing .
A great hood down drive back just a couple of spots of rain, but I kept my speed up so none of it got inside the car.
Hopefully that's enough of a blast to get me through my emmisions tesat tomorrow.

Gutted I missed it now, glad you all had a good time! Sad

What did you win in the raffle Nick? Suspect
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 8/6/2009, 7:17 pm

Rich the gazebo is not the best took an age to put up, it was like a scene from a Laurel and Hardy movie, couldnt help but laugh though, I'll be refunding the club so we can get a decent one, I gather we need an easy up one with a heavier weight material, The current one turned into a kite! Shocked

Seb - I won a set of draper screwdrivers about 30 in all, so I have no excuse for having a screw loose!

Car dropped at Burts ready for an emmisions check, I took it for a blast this morning Mad and he'll get it warmed up before the test so fingers crossed this time? TBH I havent really done anything to it appart from bunging in some Millars additive so I'm not expecting it to pass. Burt will look into it if the warm cat / additive doesnt do the trick I'm guessing coolant temperature sensor or O2 sensor.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 8/6/2009, 9:08 pm

Nick wrote:
Seb - I won a set of draper screwdrivers about 30 in all, so I have no excuse for having a screw loose!

Car dropped at Burts ready for an emmisions check, I took it for a blast this morning Mad and he'll get it warmed up before the test so fingers crossed this time? TBH I havent really done anything to it appart from bunging in some Millars additive so I'm not expecting it to pass. Burt will look into it if the warm cat / additive doesnt do the trick I'm guessing coolant temperature sensor or O2 sensor.

Nice win Nick - I could do with a new set of screw drivers! I am still hunting for a phillips that will undone any screw - You know the ones i mean! I am yet to find it!

Good luck on the emissions today mate! fingers crossed for you!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 9/6/2009, 5:17 am

Seb wrote:Nice win Nick - I could do with a new set of screw drivers! I am still hunting for a phillips that will undone any screw - You know the ones i mean! I am yet to find it!
Make sure you don't get left handed ones then... Laugh my a**e off!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 11/6/2009, 5:11 am

I didn't get sun stroke guys! I've been off and will be all week with cellulitis in my right leg!

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 11/6/2009, 7:41 am

Cellulitus Big eyes! Suspect sounds nasty hope it's not painful....please god tell me it's not contagious Shocked
I was a bit concerned about Maggie as well, is she feeling better now? I hope your not to blame for her being ill as well?

Hope you're feeling better mate Very Happy
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  c-j 11/6/2009, 10:12 am

guys & gals,
sorry I couldn't make it on sunday - i did intend to but I went viewing & test driving ZR's instead so hope that counts as a reasonable excuse.

seems like everyone had a good time with the cars, the poo (?) and the animals. everyone that is except those that have picked up the cotswold strain of the swine flu.. you know, hot foreheads, swollen right legs etc!

...DaveD, hope you are ok. I had a similar sounding swelling once (actually ended up on a drip) so hope not too bad.

chris
c-j
c-j

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 11/6/2009, 8:16 pm

Did you find a nice one Chris?

I've escaped the drip so far and it hasn't gotten any worse and the anti-biotics should kick very soon. Doc said it takes two days and I started taking them on Tuesday.

I'm hobbling around home with a walking stick, having the odd cigar, in my slippers and with my cardigan on Shocked Maybe I should have bought a 75 instead of the Z? Laughing Laughing

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2