Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009

+16
Andy Knott
Caroline
thunderbird2
MeetwithDamien
Captain Jack
Mr-Boomstick
Stu
saffie
willsavage
Seb
uk kiwis
Matto 180
Nick
dressur
Dark Knight
Rich
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009

Post  Dark Knight 15/3/2009, 5:44 am

dressur wrote:
Andy Knott wrote:A dirty ZS Shocked . Did you get caught out in the rain then Neil?

You don't honestly think he takes it out in the rain do you? Shocked

Na!!!! It's just been collecting Dust, that what he means by Dirty!!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009

Post  uk kiwis 15/3/2009, 6:01 am

Be there. Be riderless. Seems the engine bay has been invaded by a security shut down.

Got a fail to start........Seems likely the immobalizer has some how activated and needs a sort out. Beyond my capabilities I am afraid.

Di Hatsu back up called in!
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 15/3/2009, 9:02 am

Andy Knott wrote:A dirty ZS Shocked . Did you get caught out in the rain then Neil?

I've not washed it since Castle Combe and just ran out of time today; so it's a mixture of dust and road spray!
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderbird2 15/3/2009, 9:46 am

Ill be there but don't think for for one second I've joined the Halfords bolt-on brigade. The wheels are loaners while my originals are being bought back to their former glory. AND the loaners come with cheap skinny tyres so they don'tlike supercharged V8's Sad
thunderbird2
thunderbird2

Back to top Go down

Post  Da!sh! 15/3/2009, 7:00 pm

Sad im afrade im going to have to miss this one out...iv double booked myself, as i have promised to meet up with a mate of mine who i have'nt seen in a while
Da!sh!
Da!sh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 16/3/2009, 2:48 am

Great meet today, fantastic weather too!

Here are a few snaps

Oh, and yes... Mr Stone, sorry that my car was so dirty, as you can see normal conditions have been restored. Can you let back in the club now Laughing

Pub meet in Bucks - 15th March 2009 - Page 5 DSC04264
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 16/3/2009, 4:05 am

Great driving day...and good turnout.I think we scared the locals a little Shocked

And i just want to say i'm still grinning from the ZT400 experience. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ..awesome sound and acceleration(i'm a convert).thankyou thunderbird 2!!

see you next month.
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 16/3/2009, 4:18 am

Great meet today and great driving weather too... What a lovely day and great to catch up with you all.

Andy glad you could join us from oxford, love that you done with the car, shame i couldnt hear it on the way there.... Tongue

Rich - good to see Ollie back on the road!

Seb - Taipan sounded good...... So when you cahnging the exhaust?

Lee - good to see debs car in the flesh finally!!!

Darren - thunderbird 2 is awesome, my missus says that a family car too, i thik she's hinting Laughing

Neil - car looks up to scratch again now Laughing not much we can do about dust is there though!!!!

Anyway great turn out see you all next month.......... now where is that one?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 16/3/2009, 5:29 am

Yeah, excellent turnout and a lovely venue in the chilterns. Good to see so many. Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat to everyone...

Next venue? Working on that one... Beds, but a new one if possible. Keep watching!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedhead 16/3/2009, 6:03 am

agreed - what a great day for it, was nice to catch up with everyone, thunderbird 2 did indeed look and sound awesome!

I missed out on a convoy though, so i will try to make it to the beds meet!

and thanks for the calandar Stewart!
Zedhead
Zedhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 16/3/2009, 6:10 am

Zedhead wrote:agreed - what a great day for it, was nice to catch up with everyone, thunderbird 2 did indeed look and sound awesome!

I missed out on a convoy though, so i will try to make it to the beds meet!

and thanks for the calandar Stewart!

You forgot the T-Cut didnt you? Don't forget ot bring that next time too.

any idea what you doing to do about the scratches?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 16/3/2009, 6:17 am

Good to see all again after my absences !!.....must get TF MOT'd.......mind you the ZR does have great mid range grunt!!.......love the road into Wendover..... Laughing Laughing
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedhead 16/3/2009, 6:21 am

Dark Knight wrote:

You forgot the T-Cut didnt you? Don't forget ot bring that next time too.

any idea what you doing to do about the scratches?

I think having seen them everyone was in agreement that t-cut wont erm cut it.....

professional job i think, thanks to those who offered contacts, i will check them both out for a quote!
Zedhead
Zedhead

Back to top Go down

Post  MeetwithDamien 16/3/2009, 6:57 am

Hi folks, It was lovely day for a pub meet and such a turnout. It was good to catch up with some of the guys that I met on the previous meets and very nice to meet some new chaps.. Rich was nice to put a face to the name we will have to have a longer chat next time.

I did not take too many pics today but have added a page on to my website for todays event and have already uploaded some pics, I will of course add any links to your photos if you wish so they can be viewded on the same page..

Damien

http://mymgf-tf.piczo.com/pubday15-3-09?cr=3&vsrc=preview&linkvar=000044
MeetwithDamien
MeetwithDamien

https://www.facebook.com/BroadmeadDevelopments

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 16/3/2009, 7:21 am

A great day, well organised with the weather too chaps!

Beautiful countryside and a great turnout....some spectacular looking cars in our little club arent there, cant believe the changes to them all over the last year or so Cool we must have the highest concentration of TT exhausts (3?) and lambo doors (as they are unique) of any MG club around.

Great to catch up with everyone, sorry I dissapeared a bit sudenly but we were in the middle of no-where, no sat Nav and I had to tail Lee and Mike to find my way home...there was no slowing them down to wait for the rest of the convoy!

Lee I dont think the Derv ZR out rumbled the Milteks, but I think it won on paint qyuality by a long way, good to see you buddy, cant wait to see the TF again next meet.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderbird2 16/3/2009, 5:56 pm

BlueStu wrote:Great driving day...and good turnout.I think we scared the locals a little Shocked

And i just want to say i'm still grinning from the ZT400 experience. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ..awesome sound and acceleration(i'm a convert).thankyou thunderbird 2!!

see you next month.

No worries.

Good to meet you and all the other SMSers! See you at the next one.

Cheers

Darren
thunderbird2
thunderbird2

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 16/3/2009, 7:13 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

DK - It's under control! within the next couple of paydays i am sure i will have something sorted Thumbs up

Great meet guys and girls! Wicked route, awesome weather, excellent pub, brilliant cars and great company (Especially the posh granny in the volvo Laugh my a**e off! )!

Darren I was so impressed with the sound of the supercharged V8 - next time I wouldnt mind a spin in it?

Roll on next months meet!

Seb
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderbird2 17/3/2009, 4:13 am

Seb wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:

DK - It's under control! within the next couple of paydays i am sure i will have something sorted Thumbs up

Great meet guys and girls! Wicked route, awesome weather, excellent pub, brilliant cars and great company (Especially the posh granny in the volvo Laugh my a**e off! )!

Darren I was so impressed with the sound of the supercharged V8 - next time I wouldnt mind a spin in it?

Roll on next months meet!

Seb

Cheers mate. Of course. Not a problem. See you at the next one.

Darren
thunderbird2
thunderbird2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/3/2009, 4:20 am

uk kiwis wrote:Be there. Be riderless. Seems the engine bay has been invaded by a security shut down.

Got a fail to start........Seems likely the immobalizer has some how activated and needs a sort out. Beyond my capabilities I am afraid.

Di Hatsu back up called in!
Dave, gonna try a guess at this one. I when people say it's as if immobiliser is on, it's usually the electrical connection to the starter motor. Get carole to sit in car with ignition on position 3, and wiggle the connections. It might then suddenly spring into life!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 17/3/2009, 5:07 am

Thanks for that Stewart. I did have a brief look and all the connections appear tight but will try that when we get back from a holiday this week.....yipppee.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 17/3/2009, 5:10 am

Forgot mention that we had a new starter almost exactly two years ago. Cliffton today
said as it started for 5 seconds they did not think it would be the starter.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/3/2009, 6:50 am

Ah, ok! Well, it is a possibility that it could be the spade connector to the starter motor, as they do get damp and corrode, so it might be that needing a clean and a spray with electrical contact cleaner. Give it a go with wiggling the wires whilst Carole holds the key in position 3 and if wiggling the cable causes it to spring into life, you'll know it's the connecter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 17/3/2009, 10:50 pm

Another good meet, although if i knew my route was dirt track country off roading, i might have had to re-consider and brought the rangie instead Laughing

Good to see everyone after what seems like ages, and now the weather seems to be turning pleasent, should be gearing up for some other good meets and locations..........

..................and cheers to Seb for showing me how to fit the tonneau cover.......correctly!!

I'll have to make a B-line towards Shaggy next time so i can check out these doors.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 17/3/2009, 11:02 pm

Fed up to have missed this one - although I did have the ultimate pleasure of taking Charlie to his party, dressed as a ninja, with the roof down! He was mighty embarassed about all the funny looks he was getting!
Worried a bit about how his fancy dress would be perceived though after we pulled up at traffic lights, and I looked across at the woman in the car next to me - dressed in a burkha..She and Charlie looked virtually identical..
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/3/2009, 11:55 pm

marcus mgf wrote:..................and cheers to Seb for showing me how to fit the tonneau cover.......correctly!!
And the funny part of that comment is that Seb only worked it all out properly for himself that morning! Wink

Nice to see the bonnet was still shiny red...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next