Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Adrian's Test of the LE500 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Adrian's Test of the LE500

4 posters

Go down

Adrian's Test of the LE500 Empty Adrian's Test of the LE500

Post  daved 11/9/2008, 8:57 pm

There is quite a gentle and balanced article covering Adrian's test of the LE500 in this month's MGE mag. From the article and conversations with others at events where the LE500 has been on show, it strikes me that this is a model which still allows us to "personalise" it in those areas where we all "agree to differ" such as the instrument binnacle, centre console, throttle body and exhaust. It will be very interesting to see what after market activities there are and if SAIC will participate by providing Dark Side mods or if it will concentrate on the the TF's successor.

Cheers

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Adrian's Test of the LE500 Empty Re: Adrian's Test of the LE500

Post  Dark Knight 11/9/2008, 9:16 pm

wouldnt mind reading that article! So which Car Club d oyou get with? or do you sign up for it other ways? can you just buy it in the newsagent?

Sorry lots of questions! Embarassed
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 11/9/2008, 10:00 pm

I just buy mine from a Newsagent. He has to order it in becasue he dosn't carry it in stock. It was part of the MGCC memebrship but when Safety Fast split away to a new publisher we lost the "free" copy of MGE.

I'll leave it in the car so that I remember to bring it on the 21st Very Happy
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 11/9/2008, 10:41 pm

daved wrote:I just buy mine from a Newsagent. He has to order it in becasue he dosn't carry it in stock. It was part of the MGCC memebrship but when Safety Fast split away to a new publisher we lost the "free" copy of MGE.

I'll leave it in the car so that I remember to bring it on the 21st Very Happy

Will check out my local newsagent too anyway, but yh would love a read on what they think of it! i know i dont have the money to buy one but its always nice to see where this revival of MG is going!

They are pushing the advertising though which is good, there was the clips on the news and the Ads in the mags i saw one in this monhs edition of CAR that i got free from Motor show
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/9/2008, 11:27 pm

Paul, you can buy it in WHSmith on Cornmarket Street if you are in town!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 12/9/2008, 12:48 am

scubastewart wrote:Paul, you can buy it in WHSmith on Cornmarket Street if you are in town!

i just bought it at WHSmiths in Cowley!! Get a poster with it too that was the incentive!!

Decided it was something well worth keeping plus i'll probably keep it in car with the Original MGTF brochure! after i have read it ithat is
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Stiff 13/9/2008, 8:58 am

daved wrote: It will be very interesting to see what after market activities there are and if SAIC will participate by providing Dark Side mods or if it will concentrate on the the TF's successor.

Cheers

Dave
IMO, SAIC should concentrate on a successor. The TF is what, 12 years old now? I think it's a bit past it's sell by date.

I've read a few reviews for the 'new' TF now. It's getting a mixed reaction. Fifth Gear liked it, Autocar hated it.

I also think it's the wrong car to relaunch MG with. It's too old and doesn't differ enough from the model that was out 3 years ago.

I'm probably being too harsh. I never held my TF in the highest esteem.

*dons flame-proof jacket and runs*
Stiff

http://www.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 13/9/2008, 8:36 pm

I think you have a point mate but NAC , as it was when the decision was made, appears to be using the TF the same way the MGRV8 was used - just to keep MG out there until the F was launched - and bring the new roadster on line in two years hence.

Some people who liked their TF/Fs will undoubtedly buy the new 135 and it will attract new owners who may or may not stay with the marque when the new car is launched.

They could have done the same thing with the MG saloons rather than the TF but it was the best seller.
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/9/2008, 5:38 am

As I've just mentioned on the thread about Dealer launches, I was given a review by a motoring journalist when in Jersey and they have really slated it, saying the build quality is worse than the last of the original ones. I would suspect that this is down to cheaper chinese parts rather than the leam assembling them at Longbridge, but apparently all the old traits are there, including a hood that lets the rain flood in!

Adrian's write-up is very good though, and bearing in mind the price for a car with just about every original dealer option included, it's still ticking the right boxes for an MG. Any enthusiast wouldbe able to overcome the problems at minimal cost. What will be interesting is how the car's fare after a reasonable time of ownership.

As for mods, if it fitted on the original TF, it'll fit on the LE500. Rimmer Bros are already selling parts for the new cars!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 17/9/2008, 6:41 pm

Rich Stone wrote:
As for mods, if it fitted on the original TF, it'll fit on the LE500. Rimmer Bros are already selling parts for the new cars!

Rich

and surely vice versa!!

I got my eyes on the front bumper then!!! Laughing Laughing

Jyust wondering if all that new dash would work in mine too!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 17/9/2008, 8:56 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:As for mods, if it fitted on the original TF, it'll fit on the LE500. Rimmer Bros are already selling parts for the new cars!Rich
and surely vice versa!! I got my eyes on the front bumper then!!! Laughing Laughing Jyust wondering if all that new dash would work in mine too!

They are a couple of brilliant ideas Paul Very Happy
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 17/9/2008, 9:45 pm

daved wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:As for mods, if it fitted on the original TF, it'll fit on the LE500. Rimmer Bros are already selling parts for the new cars!Rich
and surely vice versa!! I got my eyes on the front bumper then!!! Laughing Laughing Jyust wondering if all that new dash would work in mine too!
They are a couple of brilliant ideas Paul Very Happy
with my low milage at a glance non enthusiats wouldnt know the difference! Cool

Helped by the fact i now have my Private plate!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/9/2008, 10:43 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:Jyust wondering if all that new dash would work in mine too!
It's only the instruments that have changed. The rest is just the same as yours but sprayed black. I'm sure you could do that yourself. Oh, and it's worth noting that you don't get a proper mechanical temperature gauge, just an electronic one. With a TF, I think this is a rather daft move...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 17/9/2008, 11:01 pm

Rich Stone wrote:
It's only the instruments that have changed. The rest is just the same as yours but sprayed black. I'm sure you could do that yourself. Oh, and it's worth noting that you don't get a proper mechanical temperature gauge, just an electronic one. With a TF, I think this is a rather daft move...

Rich

just kicking ideas about!! Neutral
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 18/9/2008, 2:11 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:

Rich

just kicking ideas about!! Neutral

Don't let him put you off Paul Very Happy This is the Chav with an MG'd Rover 45 Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad to have you back Buddy Very Happy
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/9/2008, 3:08 am

daved wrote:Don't let him put you off Paul Very Happy This is the Chav with an MG'd Rover 45 Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing
Me? Chav? How very dare you!

Anyway, MG-Rover did the MGing of my Rover 45 by building it with the same parts, on the same production line and at the same time... It still has Rover badges on and they are definitely staying too... But it still makes me laugh that alot of people buy Rovers and try to make them look like MGs and then you get MG people who want to add loadsa chrome and wood effect dashboards!!!! Rolling Eyes Smile

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 18/9/2008, 5:18 am

well im looking more to moderisation!! plus i quite like the stealthness of mine..... keeping it dark but not going to the dark side!!

I mean who would want a wood dash????I'll get my coat!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 18/9/2008, 6:57 am

Rich Stone wrote:
daved wrote:Don't let him put you off Paul Very Happy This is the Chav with an MG'd Rover 45 Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing
Me? Chav? How very dare you!

Anyway, MG-Rover did the MGing of my Rover 45 by building it with the same parts, on the same production line and at the same time... It still has Rover badges on and they are definitely staying too... But it still makes me laugh that alot of people buy Rovers and try to make them look like MGs and then you get MG people who want to add loadsa chrome and wood effect dashboards!!!! Rolling Eyes Smile

Rich

That is just a load of excuses Rich Laughing Laughing Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 18/9/2008, 6:58 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:I mean who would want a wood dash????I'll get my coat!

Me! And a wood steering wheel but in the B more than the Trophy. And no slippers Laughing Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 18/9/2008, 6:44 pm

daved wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:I mean who would want a wood dash????I'll get my coat!

Me! And a wood steering wheel but in the B more than the Trophy. And no slippers Laughing Laughing

well i can understand in the B dave!! Sure you wouldnt be more comfy with the slippers too??? Laughing
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/9/2008, 10:32 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:well i can understand in the B dave!! Sure you wouldnt be more comfy with the slippers too??? Laughing
I guess you have to include matto in this 'slippers' group you have in your mind, as his jag has some very high quality wood trim... Rolling Eyes Neutral

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down