Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008

+6
Captain Jack
Stu
daved
M77XNE
Lee121
Rich
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008

Post  Seb 25/8/2008, 10:07 pm

Rich Stone wrote:No problem Seb, although many of our lot are heading for Wales, so you'll only meet a chosen few! But your name is now on the list. I'll give you convoy (!) meeting details in plenty of time...

Rich

Excellent...look forwrad to it!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: British Car Enthusiasts' Rally - 7th September 2008

Post  Nick 26/8/2008, 6:20 am

Hi Rich,

I've checked with the boss and she says I can go on the 7th!
I'll volunteer, if you let me know what you need help with and when and where to meet up etc Very Happy
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 26/8/2008, 4:59 pm

Cheers for that Nick. Details will be available very soon. Keep watching this thread. Help is basically assisting in putting up/taking down the SmS gazebo and kit and helping man the stand during the day (not all day!). All easy stuff...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 2/9/2008, 7:39 pm

Any news on meeting/leaving times? I need to plan how early I need to get up and clean my car before we leave All hail!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 2/9/2008, 8:17 pm

Ooh I hadnt thought about cleaning my car, looks like I'll be put to shame!
I'm guessing it'll be an earlyish start so I'l probably have to wash it at 6 am...that or have some slleep and turn up with it dirty. My shadow chrome alloys are designed to look like they are covered in brake dust anyway and the rain will take care of the bodywork..done.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 2/9/2008, 8:24 pm

Nick wrote:Ooh I hadnt thought about cleaning my car, looks like I'll be put to shame!
I'm guessing it'll be an earlyish start so I'l probably have to wash it at 6 am...that or have some slleep and turn up with it dirty. My shadow chrome alloys are designed to look like they are covered in brake dust anyway and the rain will take care of the bodywork..done.

6 am Shocked !!!! Is it supposed to be crap weather on Sunday then?
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 2/9/2008, 8:45 pm

since numbers are low for this one! i'll do my best to get there to show support! Dont currenty have any other plans at the minute. So will try to come by for a couple of hours!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 3/9/2008, 12:18 am

Good man Paul, by the way do you still want that can of Anthracite spray I have knocking around? I'll bring it if I can doig it out.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 3/9/2008, 12:56 am

Nick wrote:Good man Paul, by the way do you still want that can of Anthracite spray I have knocking around? I'll bring it if I can doig it out.

oh yes please that will be great thanks Nick! is there a post code on the Brit-Cars Webstie then? not had chance to look yet??
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 3/9/2008, 1:22 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
Nick wrote:Good man Paul, by the way do you still want that can of Anthracite spray I have knocking around? I'll bring it if I can doig it out.

oh yes please that will be great thanks Nick! is there a post code on the Brit-Cars Webstie then? not had chance to look yet??

No need for a post code Paul. Come up the A43, down one junction of the M1 to the A45. Take the A45 until you see a signpost at a roundabout for Kettering A509. follw that road until you hit the A14. Go east to the next junction which is signposted Wickstead Park. Yo ucan't miss it Very Happy

There are other routes like staying on the A43 but it is not as good road between Northampton and Kettering.

Cheers

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 3/9/2008, 1:35 am

I guess we could meet up at the Toby on the A45? I'm sure Rich has a plan for us meeting and setting up etc
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 3/9/2008, 4:05 am

Ok people... Listen up!!!!

I have received a reply for my 'time to be there' question posted over on Brit-Cars. Ideally, they would like us to be there betweek 9am and 9.30am, so I suggest we meet at Toby Carvery, East Hunsbury (postcode NN4 0TG) at 8.15am for an 8.30am leave at the latest! I'll be int' Rover this weekend, now the 'F is resting for the Winter... with the SmS logo displayed with pride on the bonnet, if it stays on!

Can I just ask all those planning to come to check their names on the list at the beginning of the thread, and those who aren't but are still on the list ask to be removed? Just so I know who to wait for on the convoy!

See you all Sunday!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 3/9/2008, 5:22 am

daved wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:

No need for a post code Paul. Come up the A43, down one junction of the M1 to the A45. Take the A45 until you see a signpost at a roundabout for Kettering A509. follw that road until you hit the A14. Go east to the next junction which is signposted Wickstead Park. Yo ucan't miss it Very Happy

There are other routes like staying on the A43 but it is not as good road between Northampton and Kettering.

Cheers

Dave

thanks dave! great directions!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 3/9/2008, 5:24 am

Rich Stone wrote:Ok people... Listen up!!!!

I have received a reply for my 'time to be there' question posted over on Brit-Cars. Ideally, they would like us to be there betweek 9am and 9.30am, so I suggest we meet at Toby Carvery, East Hunsbury (postcode NN4 0TG) at 8.15am for an 8.30am leave at the latest! I'll be int' Rover this weekend, now the 'F is resting for the Winter... with the SmS logo displayed with pride on the bonnet, if it stays on!

Can I just ask all those planning to come to check their names on the list at the beginning of the thread, and those who aren't but are still on the list ask to be removed? Just so I know who to wait for on the convoy!

See you all Sunday!

Rich

Hi Rich i wont be on convoy, i'll make my own way thanks to Dave's great directions!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 3/9/2008, 4:59 pm

Paul, you'll be driving straight past us on that route anyway, so you may as well join us. The Toby is just off J15 of the M1, on the A45. Take the sliproad off just before the Shell garage, follow it round to the mini roundabout, take the third exit as if you're rejoining the A45 but swing in right and we'll be sat in the car park... unless you're going to be late!!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 3/9/2008, 7:36 pm

Rich Stone wrote:Paul, you'll be driving straight past us on that route anyway, so you may as well join us. The Toby is just off J15 of the M1, on the A45. Take the sliproad off just before the Shell garage, follow it round to the mini roundabout, take the third exit as if you're rejoining the A45 but swing in right and we'll be sat in the car park... unless you're going to be late!!

Rich

Neutral i'm going to be late! i'll not make it over there for that time in morningdue to it being a long first week back in work so i'll be getting up around the time you'll be meeting!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 3/9/2008, 9:58 pm

Rich can you add me to the list as a volunteer (I assume I'm still needed?) and I'll meet up for the convoy too. If the weather is truely awful I might be in the Audi, but so long as it's not hammering it down I'll be in the F.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 3/9/2008, 10:34 pm

Cheers for that Nick!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/9/2008, 4:53 pm

Good morning... or is it? The weather is looking pretty rough here in Northants and it's looking like it'll be raining for most of the day, although nowhere near as hard as recently. So we're left with the dilema of whether we go ahead with the stand today...

I'll be at the meeting point as planned, but if you feel that it maybe better to abandon the event, please post here straight away. I'll keep an eye until I leave at about 8.00am. If anyone does turn up, we'll discuss it then.

Chin up... Only two weeks until our next pub meet! Neutral

Flippin\' weather!
Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 8/9/2008, 2:39 am

Well it turned out to be a gamble worth taking, as when lunchtime hit, so did the sunshine! Nick, Seb and I manned the stand for the morning in a light drizzle, then once it stopped we walked around to see the other cars on display. Although car numbers were low, probably due to the threatened weather, it seemed quite an active field. A great time was had and those who didn't turn up missed a great day out!

I still can't believe that the little boy brought along by the charity 'Make-A-Wish' to judge the final car of the show chose a ZS over an Aston Martin...

Pics will be on the website soon!

Rich

PS Thanks to Nick and Seb for your assistance. And the wheels look great Seb!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 8/9/2008, 5:38 am

Excellent news Rich. We didn't see any rain today until we got to Wellingborough 15 mins ago and not an awful lot of rain yesterday either.

ZS over an Aston Martin eh? Sign him up.

Laughing Laughing

Cheers

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 8/9/2008, 5:50 am

Cheers Rich, it was a good show if a little smaller turnout than I hoped for, I thought we fitted in well between the Lotus stand an the MGOC!
The weather on the way back was great, took the longer route home 'cause it was hood down weather.
Personally I loved the 8 or so Lotus Carltons,the XK owners were a friendly bunch, I bet the Aston owner wished he'd stumped up for a Monogram paint scheme though! Laughing
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 8/9/2008, 5:54 am

I knew i was supposed to be somewhere today!! Embarassed
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 8/9/2008, 5:55 am

Seb,
Great to meet up today, that F of yours is a stunner, the wheels look great. Hope Tracks / Trax? was a good event, did you sign anyone up!?
That SMS sticker looked great on the back of the car. Cool
Drop me a line if you want any helkp with that centre console or the gear shift.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 8/9/2008, 5:57 am

Marcus, we did miss your presence matey, you could've sailed in this morning all cannons blazing, it was a bit wet, and the field was a bit boggy to start with.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next