Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee

3 posters

Go down

MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee Empty MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee

Post  Sambomonkee 16/6/2013, 7:33 am

..... Coming soon....  Bonkers!
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee Empty Re: MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee

Post  Sambomonkee 20/6/2013, 5:28 am

...or maybe not, it went into the garage to have a pump up and new SC belt, got three miles down the road with the belt squealing, and then silence.

I'm pretty sure the SC, or a pulley thats its on has failed taking out the cambelt Sad

As it stands, its back at the garage, to be looked at, but I think we all know where this is going.

I have asked Russell to maybe give an independent view of the engine internals, if the liners or pistons are damaged its game over, if they are OK, and its just the head, I will take it at vastly lower price.

But a really sad day for MG's me and the seller, could be the last working supercharged F has died.

Matt, hold on to those bits, still may need them if its just head damage.  The only slight bright side is that it did it now, and not three miles after I had picked it up.

GUTTED.......
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee Empty Re: MGF Supercharged VVC TT215 - sambomonkee

Post  Sambomonkee 20/6/2013, 8:18 am

Just heard that his wife was driving heard flapping rattling, and then silence, that will be the belt snapping and taking out the cambelt.

The cambelt was last changed in 2006, why oh why!!!!!!!!, bet the SC tensior was at least as old, grrr.

I have put an offer in based on me rebuilding it, but its low, I do feel bad for the guy.  Basically, I'm hoping that I can get away with a top end rebuild, if its the bottom end, it gets expensive, so would be a big gamble on my part.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 20/6/2013, 5:51 pm

How can this be in the gallery with no pics???? Bash hammer
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 20/6/2013, 6:32 pm

Rich wrote:How can this be in the gallery with no pics???? Bash hammer
What you want pictures of a blown up car
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 20/6/2013, 6:39 pm

yup! Twisted Evil
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  andyhells 20/6/2013, 8:42 pm

You're sick rich! ;-)
andyhells
andyhells

http://www.image980.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 28/6/2013, 5:04 am

This is still coming to me, it has been diagnosed with no compression so at least valve damage even though all the belts are still there. It is suspected that the belt has jump a few teeth, at a guess i would guess the tensioner has failed but stayed attached to the head. So a rebuild thread will soon appear. I am quietly confident its just going to be a head rebuild.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 10/7/2013, 6:59 am

I havn't got the strength to write it all up again but follow this you will see that its "rite buggered".

So unless someone on here knows of someone who wants to sell a TT 215 supercharger, which is nigh on impossible, I suspect this car is going to the great scrappers in the sky.

4k plus, is just not viable on a rather average looking MGF.

It does have some nice mechanical and electric parts, so my money is safe (well I could easily make over 1k in profit on it), its just a shame the most un-replaceable part has died.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down