Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;)

2 posters

Go down

Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) Empty Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;)

Post  Sambomonkee 17/4/2013, 11:36 pm

Just bought this as a donor car for the turbo,

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/rover-coupe-218-vvc-1998-96000miles/1015560923#gallery-item-full-1

Some may say its too good to do it too, but hay I think the turbo is more worthwhile.

I will have the wings, bonnet, both bumpers boot and spoiler off it, I will also take the wheels as that are perfect and have decent rubber.

Now the question is after that

1. Should I break the rest of the car, and kill a coupe to save others
2. Put the not so good panels off the turbo on it, with is wheels and sell it cheap as a project (IE 200 notes)

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) Empty Re: Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;)

Post  Matt Parker 18/4/2013, 9:13 am

Be a shame to let it go to waste in parts if it can be salvaged, put the parts off the Turbo on to it and sell it on for someone else to make use from it.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;) Empty Re: Thread not for the dedicated Enthusiast ;)

Post  Sambomonkee 18/4/2013, 9:10 pm

Matt Parker wrote:Be a shame to let it go to waste in parts if it can be salvaged, put the parts off the Turbo on to it and sell it on for someone else to make use from it.

I will but, I bet Colins life on it, that I don't get a single bite, even at 200 pounds as a project car ;(.

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 20/4/2013, 7:00 am

Got it, bit of surprise was that it comes with a rolling road printout at 166bhp !!!, pretty high for a 143vvc, not sure what work is done to it.

Anyway, got quite a few niggly little things with it, but it drives really well, better than any ZR or ZS I have driven. Feels a bit like a TF with a roof. The suspension on it so low, that it bottomed out on big bumps, it would be great on the track though.

The reason for the MOT failure was emissions, and I think its over fueling quite alot. No matter, on to swapping all the nice pieces over.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down