Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012

+7
adrianvvc
Captain Slow
StevePem
Stu
Nick
Benjs
Rich
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 Empty Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012

Post  Rich 16/7/2012, 4:23 am

Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 8108d45f

I am pleased to announce that our own new event, the Autumn Weekender, will be taking part on the first weekend in September at Billing Aquadrome, Northampton. This will be open to all modern MG-Rover enthusiasts. The whole idea behind the event is a fun but relaxing camping weekend to finish off the event season. On offer will be the following:

• Entry for either the Saturday, Sunday or preferrably both!
  • Saturday Night entertainment (including a live acoustic act)
  • Catering available at the onsite bar and cafe or nearby pub, The Billing Mill
  • Bring a BBQ if you like
  • A self judging pride of ownership competition on the Sunday
  • Raffle - Donations please!
  • Traders are invited at no additional cost, but subject to approval by SmS
  • Local or national clubs are welcome to bring a stand/display (please advise space required)
  • A hotel within walking distance if you're not hard brave enough to camp!
  • All the facilities of the Aquadrome... Have a look here!
Bookings should be made directly with Billing Aquadrome on 01604 408181 (or follow the link above). Any funds raised after expenses will be donated to 'Help for Heroes'. The prices are as follows:

• Weekend Pass - 2 adults, 1, car & 1 camping unit ... £15
  • Weekend Pass - 2 adults, 1 car & 1 camping unit with electrical hookup ... £20
  • Day Pass - 2 adults & 1 car ... £10
Kids go free!

Please post here if you're interested in coming or if you've already booked in, just so we get an idea of numbers. The field is quite large, with toilets and shower facilities on the corner.

There will be official event stickers available at the event for £1 each.

We are looking for sponsors/raffle donations so please also post here or send me a PM if you can help. We would be most grateful for your support.

We aim to grow this event as an annual gathering and although this is a little 'last minute' notice (due to weather conditions at the Aquadrome) we hope you'll come and join in...

Last edited by Rich on 4/8/2012, 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 Empty Re: Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012

Post  Rich 16/7/2012, 4:59 am

Interested so far are as follows:

SmS members
  • Rich & Kate
  • Lee & Sue
  • Iain (& Emma?)
  • Hellen & Andy
  • Dan
  • Graham & Jan
  • Cheryl & Trev
  • Dave Mulcahy
  • Ben
  • Nick
  • Stu

Others
  • LogBookLarry (.org) & MG-R South West Group
  • Bryn Roberts (Facebook)
  • Ian Young (Facebook) - Midlands MG-R Owners' Club
  • Martin Carter (Facebook)

Please note that this list does not constitute a booking. Call Billing Aquadrome to book, then let me know you're in!

Last edited by Rich on 17/7/2012, 7:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012 Empty Re: Autumn Weekender - 1st & 2nd September 2012

Post  Benjs 16/7/2012, 9:15 am

Put me as on board. If Nicks up for It I'll hopefully book a space in Über tent but otherwise I'll need to blag a space
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 16/7/2012, 8:16 pm

I should be up for this, and I believe the long term weather forcast says that September is going to be our summer, so here's to some great weather and relaxed camping.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/7/2012, 4:30 am

UPDATE No.1

Calling all MEMS3 cars... Mark from ZandF-Tuning has confirmed he will be attending and offering his favourable event rates for attendees!
PC\'s fault! Carting!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 17/7/2012, 7:09 am

I'm up for this, I will dig out my tent Cool
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 19/7/2012, 10:06 pm

Hi Rich

Just booked tickets. Just to note that £15 is per night. Also be persistant with the booking office as at first she knew nothing about it & said the tickets were £20. Anywho i'll be there friday evening, just got to sort whos tent i'll be in!
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 19/7/2012, 11:02 pm

Small point there. We aren't officially booked in for the Friday night. We are setting up Saturday morning. That's why it's £15... It's just for one night! (Clue is in the title...)

Great outdoors Coffee
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 19/7/2012, 11:36 pm

Rich wrote:Small point there. We aren't officially booked in for the Friday night. We are setting up Saturday morning. That's why it's £15... It's just for one night! (Clue is in the title...)

Great outdoors Coffee

Ah yes, but the number of us planning on being there friday is growing as we're are all coming from afar! Coffee
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 19/7/2012, 11:56 pm

All well and good, but our event field is reserved for just the weekend so you will end up camping elsewhere.

I need to make this clear. The event field had spaces reserved for the event. As the title says, the event is on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd and that's what they reservations cover. Therefore, anyone making arrangements outside of this are not actually part of the event. I will post this on .org too as it may mean people having to move plots after Friday night. If there's a problem with the booking office not letting people know this, I will get onto them straight away. The event field needs to be empty ready for us to set up the club stand, marquee and parking markers on Saturday morning.
Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Benjs wrote:Ah yes, but the number of us planning on being there friday is growing as we're are all coming from afar! Coffee
If that's the case, why isn't anyone putting their name down as requested?

Headache already...
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 20/7/2012, 12:17 am

Rich wrote:All well and good, but our event field is reserved for just the weekend so you will end up camping elsewhere.

I need to make this clear. The event field had spaces reserved for the event. As the title says, the event is on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd and that's what they reservations cover. Therefore, anyone making arrangements outside of this are not actually part of the event. I will post this on .org too as it may mean people having to move plots after Friday night. If there's a problem with the booking office not letting people know this, I will get onto them straight away. The event field needs to be empty ready for us to set up the club stand, marquee and parking markers on Saturday morning.
Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Benjs wrote:Ah yes, but the number of us planning on being there friday is growing as we're are all coming from afar! Coffee
If that's the case, why isn't anyone putting their name down as requested?

Headache already...

Ok better put this up on .org as i know Rob Preece & Fast Jan were planning to come along on convoy for the friday. I am unfortunately paid up for both nights so i'll move or whatever on saturday. As for Billing they didn't seem to know about the event at all when i rang, but said that if thats what i had been quoted thats what i could pay. May be worth designating an area in the field for early arrivals as if others from .org coming it may be the distance would make friday evening arrival a bit more appealing
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 20/7/2012, 12:29 am

I've just had Billing Aquadrome on the phone and apparently they cocked up anyway. Usually a camping booking is a minimum of two nights. The booming office hadn't been made aware of the booking arrangements so were insisting campers booked for Friday too. They have apologised and will be contacting the four people who have made bookings to give them the option of either camping elsewhere at the venue for the Friday or refunding the Friday night booking. All future bookers will be informed of the arrangements when they call.

There will be nobody on site until Saturday mid morning so bet to convoy up for arrival around lunchtime. Apart from the evening entertainment, things such as the raffle, pride of ownership, etc. will be on the Sunday.

Phew, sorted! Cool
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 20/7/2012, 2:24 am

Rich wrote:I've just had Billing Aquadrome on the phone and apparently they cocked up anyway. Usually a camping booking is a minimum of two nights. The booming office hadn't been made aware of the booking arrangements so were insisting campers booked for Friday too. They have apologised and will be contacting the four people who have made bookings to give them the option of either camping elsewhere at the venue for the Friday or refunding the Friday night booking. All future bookers will be informed of the arrangements when they call.

There will be nobody on site until Saturday mid morning so bet to convoy up for arrival around lunchtime. Apart from the evening entertainment, things such as the raffle, pride of ownership, etc. will be on the Sunday.

Phew, sorted! Cool

Right just spoke to Rob & general concensus with us is that we'll get there friday & move for saturday, it just works out logistically better. I've spoken to Dan (macy grey) & he's trying to sort coming + see if he can gather up a few more from the south west as well.

So provisionally it would be
Ben, Rob Preece, Jan (fast Jan) & Chris (Bromsgrove man) + maybe Nick (depending on his availablity) on friday. This hopefully will be expanded by a few more over the weeks. Very Happy
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/8/2012, 8:14 pm

cheers Only four weeks to go!!!! cheers

Well I've been told that Summer should be with us for this (might have to rename the event!) so hoping we're lucky! Don't forget there is hotel accommodation (Click HERE for details) available within walking distance of the event field for those who don't fancy a night under canvas though...

Can I just ask if anyone has something they'd like to donate to the raffle? All proceeds are going to go to Help for Heroes, so the better the quality, the more we can make for such a good cause!

Mark from ZandF-Tuning has opened a thread for booking sessions on what will be the last chance for a show discounted remap this year. Have a look HERE.

Finally, I was thinking of maybe doing a few tee shirts - Black with white and orange design - but I'll need a rough idea of who would be interested. If several people post on here, I will finalise the design and cost. Then I can take some orders...
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 14/8/2012, 10:19 pm

Me and Mrs P, (along with Ed & Sarah), already have a commitment on 2nd so can't do the Sunday.

I will try to get over on the Saturday. Will we be able to "pay at the gate" Saturday?

Cheers
Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 14/8/2012, 10:58 pm

StevePem wrote:I will try to get over on the Saturday. Will we be able to "pay at the gate" Saturday?
Yes, you can pay on the gate. It'll be the same £10 as pre-bookings. Mind you, there won't be much going on as all the activities will be on the Sunday. Still, roll up after lunch and I'm sure you'll find a few of us to chat to. And you may want to stay late for an evening gathering and possibly some live entertainment...
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 14/8/2012, 11:52 pm

I should be able to make it for the weekend Rich but I don't want to book and find something has come up.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianvvc 22/8/2012, 7:45 am

I am hoping to come to this as well.
We maybe camping if I get enough brownie points!
Do you need to book to camp? and will it be the same price?

Does the entry include admission to all the 4x4 and militaria show areas?
http://4x4.billingshows.com/
http://www.billingaquadrome.com/Themes/Billing/PDF/militaria-show-sept-2012.pdf
If we pump an F up, can we take it on the off road course?
They are giving away Trophies!
adrianvvc
adrianvvc

Back to top Go down

Post  paulzs180 22/8/2012, 8:12 am

im here for this Smile will be paying at the gate then sunday off to silverstone for trax lol
paulzs180
paulzs180

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 22/8/2012, 5:35 pm

adrianvvc wrote:I am hoping to come to this as well.
We maybe camping if I get enough brownie points!
Do you need to book to camp? and will it be the same price?

Does the entry include admission to all the 4x4 and militaria show areas?
http://4x4.billingshows.com/
http://www.billingaquadrome.com/Themes/Billing/PDF/militaria-show-sept-2012.pdf
If we pump an F up, can we take it on the off road course?
They are giving away Trophies!
Billing have said that prebooking is 'recommended' as you may well be charged an extra fiver to get in and not allowed in our event field...
Shocked

And yes, you'll be able to look at the other various stuff going on, including the 4X4 and Military Show. Once you're in, you're in!

paulzr160 wrote:... then sunday off to silverstone for trax lol
Boy racer! Laughing Hide behind the sofa
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  paulzs180 22/8/2012, 9:35 pm

Haha my son hasnt been there yet so i promised to take him :p and my friend is on his way back from Afghanistan so really want to see him there Smile
paulzs180
paulzs180

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 23/8/2012, 7:59 am

I'll book it next week once I'm sure I'm going. P.s. has anyone got spare space for Dan Nyberg in their tent? Silly sod has allowed his mum to sell his tent apparently Laughing
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  paulzs180 24/8/2012, 12:31 am

Ive booked hotel for this now Smile traveling up friday evening ..... bugger driving up saturday morning id be shattered haha
paulzs180
paulzs180

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 28/8/2012, 7:29 pm

Rich

I've got some paralympic tickets for saturday so I wont be along then, can I just pop over on sunday????
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 30/8/2012, 2:05 am

cejsmith wrote:... can I just pop over on sunday????
No problem mate. Nowt much going on Saturday except for setting up in the morning and getting rowdy in the marquee Saturday night!
Laugh my a**e off!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next