Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts?

3 posters

Go down

Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? Empty Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts?

Post  Sambomonkee 13/7/2012, 6:18 am

I have the chance to buy a zs 180 51 plate for around 300 pounds, its in good nick, just no mot or tax, a couple of scratches on the bonnet, and clutch maybe gone.

But I want it to take its duplex xpower exhaust off it. It will fit the mk2 as from the pictures it sticks out the back of the mk1 by a few inches so should sit nice and flush on the Mk2.

I could do with a few other parts off it as well.

Should I buy it, break it, or buy it and sell it on after I have taken the exhaust off.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? Empty Re: Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts?

Post  cejsmith 13/7/2012, 6:23 am

buy it if it's only £300 , then once you have had a chance to look over it you have all the option. Lets face it it worth £200 as scrap!!!
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts? Empty Re: Would you buy a whole car just for a couple of parts?

Post  Sambomonkee 13/7/2012, 7:41 am

Got to add on delivery though, so have to put that into the fold
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 15/7/2012, 6:50 am

If it has what you want on it for yourself, like the exhaust then buy the complete car as your paying for the exhaust and you get a free car to do what you want.

You can break it and get a fair bit for the rest of the car and then get paid for the scrap value of the remains afterwards, unless you sell off as a whole once you have your parts to save the hassel. Garentee that it'll be usefull to someone racing for £100 as a rolling shell, engine £2-500 depending on condition
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 15/7/2012, 6:53 am

Couldnt agree on price in the end, he wanted 400 pounds, plus delivery came to 560 for a early 180, without MOT and TAX, not really worth it just for the exhaust.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 15/7/2012, 6:55 am

Looking through the net and trader etc your see mot'd and tax'd 180's sell for £500-800 so may as well go for one of those if your going to have to pay more Sad
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down