Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold.

Go down

Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold. Empty Gawd its hot. Soon to be cold.

Post  uk kiwis 10/2/2012, 5:03 pm

At last the rain has stopped and the sun is finally shining. The 40th anniversary of the 'Far North' rally was great, the MGCC NZ National even better. Held in Masterton an hour and a half from Wellington NZ,s capitol city. Masterton is a large pleasant farming service town.

87 MG's gathered for four days fun. Concours, driving tests, fast autocross on grass and a dress up forties dinner on the Saturday held on an airfield. Hangers full of interesting planes. Two weeks ago a hot air balloon with a dozen folk aboard touched high tension wires, all were killed. This weekend was the first of a hot air balloon launch preceeded by a minutes silence. A 5.30am start saw us at the airfield again to watch the lift off of four balloons, one with MG Towcester on its cloth. We chased them around local roads to collect a playing card from each. A good poker hand would win the day. Great idea and a first for NZ.

We also had the first MG6 to arrive in NZ on show and it should sell well at nz $34,000
(two to the pound)

Daughters 1965 MGB performed well apart that is from a leaking heater valve, had to leave it on hot, so we were toasty warm in the summer sun...........

be back early March.

Two days social driving through deserted country roads and over spectacular mountain country saw us back in Auckland.

An 'M' type 1929 Midget was displayed in the hotel foyer, it has been in the same family since new.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down