Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009

+9
Andy Knott
Da!sh!
Zedhead
dressur
daved
Matto 180
Nick
uk kiwis
Rich
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009

Post  Rich 23/2/2009, 4:42 am

Been back a short while now but it tool this long to recover. Five hours of walking around, chatting with loads of people, doing deals, etc. really takes it out of you. But the best bit...

We'd just finished the long walk back to the car from the show halls when my mobile rang. The voice on the other end, a certain Mr griffiths, says "Have you left yet?" I tell him we've just reached the car and are about to depart. "Guess what?" he says, "You need to come back and have your photo taken on the MGF Register stand. You're now the proud owner of a brand new Taipan Air filter system. You won the raffle!" Wow... that's £230's worth of silicon, carbon fibre and stainless steel! So I drive up to just outside the entrance and, leaving my dad sat in the car, rush over to the stand to pose with said item for several photographers before rushing back and making my way home.

But this is still good news. Not just for me but for someone else who's desperate to get his hands on an air filter for his 'F and spent a fortune on raffle tickets... A deal will be done and all will be fine with the world.

Oh, and the show was quite good, although it had shrunk from previous years. Still a nice way to start the event season though and mild dry weather too.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: MG Show & Spares Day - 22nd February 2009

Post  uk kiwis 23/2/2009, 5:21 am

Congrats Richard. Very envious. Did not see/think of raffle... Oh no.

The run saturday wasvery good. Took in Naseby battle ground - very thought provoking - and many Warwickshire villages and byways. Lovely scenery. 40 miles top down in pleasant weather. Ended at Coventry Transport Museum, cars parked semi circle outside building. Looked good.

Don't miss this museum in the future... One of the best I have seen. Something for everyone. Cafe of a high standard. The Richard Noble land speed (800 mph), simulator exciting/breathtaking/realistic. Long queue but well worth the wait.

Stayed overnight with 40 MG F/TFers. Buffet in an oak panelled dining hall. Tables arranged in a hollow square, brilliant. Food excellent.

Today of courcse Stoneleigh. Much more MG F/TF merchandise and spare parts on sale this year.

Managed to buy a short shopping list, sun visor/ariel/few other bits. Nice bacon roll for brunch. Met several SMSers and MGOC Northants friends.

All in all a nice weekend and a good start to the season so to speak.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 23/2/2009, 9:17 am

Dave, Did you get your engine cover? I found one in immaculate condition and tried to phone you but no answer.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 23/2/2009, 7:49 pm

Yes thanks, left the phone in the 'F' like a fool....oh no. Sorry to have missed your call.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 23/2/2009, 8:50 pm

It was an excellent show!!! Congratulations to the organisers! There was a nice mixture of old and modern MG's to view.

Well done Stewart the F and Z register stands were superb...I only tripped on the carpet 3 times! .... Just Kidding Kick A**e .

Well done Rich for winning the Taipan.... I'm gutted my name was not on the winning ticket but we will have to discuss deals - PM me with what you were thinking!!!

I managed to get somme renovo hood cleaner, a alloy wheel cleaning brush and some new rear Clusters (quite a good deal from Abingdon), they are the 4 light lexus style ones with black background (not smoked) and I put them on when I got back! They look the business.....I will get a photo done soon so you can all see!

Was good to see all those from SMS - Maybe next year we could have our own SMS stand as well!!

Seb
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 23/2/2009, 9:21 pm

Seb, with the amount of modding you've been doing recently you've probably got enough bits to warrant a stand all of your own next year! Glad you got those clusters sorted. I started the prep for painting work on my 'new' ones last night .
I think I may need a little help from a local expert with wiring them in, perhaps I'll bring a load of wire and connecters with me on the 15th...hint hint
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 23/2/2009, 9:43 pm

Nick wrote:Seb, with the amount of modding you've been doing recently you've probably got enough bits to warrant a stand all of your own next year! Glad you got those clusters sorted. I started the prep for painting work on my 'new' ones last night .
I think I may need a little help from a local expert with wiring them in, perhaps I'll bring a load of wire and connecters with me on the 15th...hint hint

Yeah I wish...I am drastically running out of my mods fund now!

Will you be spraying them yourself? Rich is your man when it comes to wires, although I do have a diagram of what pin does what from your current wire harness! I'll bring it along on the 15th!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 23/2/2009, 10:51 pm

Yup the hint was aimed at Richard!,

I'm going to have a go at spraying them myself, then see if I like them, if not I'll bung them out on Ebay
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 23/2/2009, 11:36 pm

Was good to meet your Dad, Seb. He's a top bloke and seemed to really enjoy the show! You'll have to bring him along to some meets...

Seb wrote:Well done Rich for winning the Taipan.... I'm gutted my name was not on the winning ticket but we will have to discuss deals - PM me with what you were thinking!!!
Hey, I promised you that if I won I'd work something out for you. I've had offers already but I'm a man of my word!
cheers

Seb wrote:... Maybe next year we could have our own SMS stand as well!!
Already in the pipeline... Watch this space near the end of the year! Suspect

Nick wrote:Yup the hint was aimed at Richard!
I'm sure we can sort something out and sooner than the pub meeting too. After all, wouldn't you prefer to have them on and working to show them off? I've seen them with the gaps filled so they look as if they are part of the car before. Maybe you could get your wonderful black stuff out and do something similar! Laugh my a**e off!

So I can feel a mini mod meeting happening very soon...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 24/2/2009, 12:19 am

Rich - Maybe a Job for a service / work / mod day??????
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 24/2/2009, 12:35 am

Mmm a pretty good idea chaps. now what do I need to do on my list...

1 Replace door lock on passenger side
2 Fit new lights
3 Fit front colour keyed (not trophy!) front lights
4 Fit silver door cappings
5 possibly fitting bespoke front fog light system

Oh and in a couple of weeks when Mr Satur has his boxer mk1s in silver back in stock I'll have to buy (subject to my financial situation) and fit them....cue Paul for hints and tips please.

Thats the stuff I have planned for the next couple of months so I'll always have something to do at a 'mini mod' meet, we just need a friendly venue and a convenient date.

Tomorrow I'm fitting Mikes new (real) quad Milltek exhaust and throttle body.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 24/2/2009, 1:25 am

Nick wrote:

Mmm a pretty good idea chaps. now what do I need to do on my list...

1 Replace door lock on passenger side
2 Fit new lights
3 Fit front colour keyed (not trophy!) front lights
4 Fit silver door cappings
5 possibly fitting bespoke front fog light system

Oh and in a couple of weeks when Mr Satur has his boxer mk1s in silver back in stock I'll have to buy (subject to my financial situation) and fit them....cue Paul for hints and tips please.

Thats the stuff I have planned for the next couple of months so I'll always have something to do at a 'mini mod' meet, we just need a friendly venue and a convenient date.

Tomorrow I'm fitting Mikes new (real) quad Milltek exhaust and throttle body.

Good list there, and wise choise on the hoops..... i'll gladdly give you some pointers or lend a hand, maybe some of the tools i bought will be handy to bring along to use!

Rich i think this needs splitting, to a new thread, Maybe:

"Planned Mods for 2009 / service day"

i'll add my list then
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 24/2/2009, 1:51 am

Rich Stone wrote:Was good to meet your Dad, Seb. He's a top bloke and seemed to really enjoy the show! You'll have to bring him along to some meets...

Yeah he loved reading up on all the old cars... and all he kept saying was 'I wish they did the LE500 with a bigger engine! Laughing '

Rich Stone wrote:Hey, I promised you that if I won I'd work something out for you. I've had offers already but I'm a man of my word!cheers

I've PM'd you!

Rich Stone wrote:Already in the pipeline... Watch this space near the end of the year! Suspect

Nice one! There was only the one Staffs stand and I think we could put on a bigger better stand than them next year!'

Rich Stone wrote:Maybe you could get your wonderful black stuff out and do something similar! Laugh my a**e off!

Is that the same black stuff used in my new T Bar?? Laughing

Seb
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 24/2/2009, 5:22 am

Dark Knight wrote:Rich i think this needs splitting, to a new thread
I think everyone is actually taking this completely different to what I meant... I was actually meaning I'd go to Seb's in the morning to help him with his mods, then Nick's in the afternoon to help him! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 24/2/2009, 5:59 am

Rich Stone wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:Rich i think this needs splitting, to a new thread
I think everyone is actually taking this completely different to what I meant... I was actually meaning I'd go to Seb's in the morning to help him with his mods, then Nick's in the afternoon to help him! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Rich

Embarassed my bad!!!!!

Although i do believe we still need a day like that anyway.......
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2