Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Dramatic middle of the night rescue!!

4 posters

Go down

Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! Empty Dramatic middle of the night rescue!!

Post  dressur 10/11/2008, 9:05 pm

I got woken up by someone hammering on my door at 3.30am this morning. Was just about to call the police, or hit the offender over the head with something, when he informed me that he was my neighbour from downstairs, and he had just looked out of the window and a line of fencing was about to blow over - onto my car!

Grabbed my keys and was down the stairs like a gazelle - in my nightie. Thank God it was the middle of the night!!

Fence is actually still up this morning, but it was blowing at a 45 degree angle last night, so I'm glad I did move the car!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! Empty Re: Dramatic middle of the night rescue!!

Post  Dark Knight 10/11/2008, 10:09 pm

Very good neighbour! you owe them a drink it could have been much worse!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Dramatic middle of the night rescue!! Empty Re: Dramatic middle of the night rescue!!

Post  M77XNE 11/11/2008, 5:11 am

So gimp snapped my areial off my car on saturday night - NOT VERY HAPPY!!
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 12/11/2008, 3:49 am

That was lucky Ally. It begs the question though, why was your neighbour looking out the window at 3.30 in the morning Question Question

Max, that happened to Scotian Wolf I when it was parked on the drive and the tip of the Trophy's aerial also when it was sitting on the drive Shocked

It must be a north Northants thing Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 12/11/2008, 4:51 am

M77XNE wrote:So gimp snapped my areial off my car on saturday night - NOT VERY HAPPY!!

Idiots - they did that to my Spitfire once - as itr didnt havea radio - i wasnt that bothered, but its still annoying!

I'm liking GIMPS as a term of 'endearment'!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down