Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!!

+3
dressur
Seb
Dark Knight
7 posters

Go down

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! Empty ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!!

Post  Dark Knight 6/11/2008, 8:12 pm

All this walking and running everywhere means i'm getting really fit again, think i may have to compete at the end of the month! The only problem is i am missing driving, nearly 2 weeks now the car has been tucked up in the garage under sheets, i'm going mad!

i have been able to drive the Mini which hasn't been all bad, i took it up to Shrewsbury on the country roads at weekend and showed Isla what the car can do think i scared her on the way back in the dark though! Fun as it was its still not as fun as mine, really can't wait to get it sorted now!

Rich do you not miss driving the F over winter?

I need to start thinking about a second car soon, but it needs to be fun, any suggestions?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! Empty Re: ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!!

Post  Seb 6/11/2008, 9:00 pm

You boys and your second cars, i dont know what all the fuss is about! The Grape loves the all weather conditions all year round!

Are you looking for a second car as a winter car I take it?
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!! Empty Re: ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm missing driving!!

Post  dressur 6/11/2008, 9:06 pm

Seb wrote:You boys and your second cars, i dont know what all the fuss is about! The Grape loves the all weather conditions all year round!

I'm with you on this one!

In Pauls case, I think he's scared of getting the TF dirty!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 6/11/2008, 9:17 pm

Seb wrote:You boys and your second cars, i dont know what all the fuss is about! The Grape loves the all weather conditions all year round!

Winter car no no no! i wil be running both, i just want a car that i can pile stuff into. Take Christmas for instance i will be up north for 10days and will be doing 1500 mile, i don't want to keep putting that kind of milage on the TF but i'm going to have too this year!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 6/11/2008, 9:19 pm

dressur wrote:

I'm with you on this one!

In Pauls case, I think he's scared of getting the TF dirty!!

Ha Ha! Scared of getting it mucky you must be kinding, thats half the fun of cleaning it again! You only think that because you have never seen my car mucky, but you would be surprised as to how mucky it has been on occasions over the last 12 months!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 6/11/2008, 9:23 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

Winter car no no no! i wil be running both, i just want a car that i can pile stuff into. Take Christmas for instance i will be up north for 10days and will be doing 1500 mile, i don't want to keep putting that kind of milage on the TF but i'm going to have too this year!

Ha ha I was going to suggest a caterham 7 but now i know why you want a second car i will have to rethink!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 6/11/2008, 9:33 pm

i actually like the MKII ZS and think that would be a good car to split the milage between! But i'd be after a good example if i was to go for that!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 6/11/2008, 9:43 pm

Ooh a ZT-T CDTi in black, great car even though the ride is a little firm, but you'll be used to that from the TF. 50mpg tonnes of room.

That or an MG express Smile
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 6/11/2008, 10:00 pm

Nick wrote:Ooh a ZT-T CDTi in black, great car even though the ride is a little firm, but you'll be used to that from the TF. 50mpg tonnes of room.

That or an MG express Smile

Shocked ok don't need a car that big!! althought the in laws to be would be happy, they used to like me havingthe BMW so i could pick stuff up for them the were disaapointed when i got the TF (i was grinning from my back teeth then Very Happy )
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 6/11/2008, 11:43 pm

Mine's not a winter car... I need it for work to transport stuff and quite often people too. And as it's a tad expensive running three cars, Ollie is having a rest until the season starts again in March. This is the first year I've done this though. For the last couple of years, I was running about in a company van so keeping Ollie on the road wasn't such a drain.

I can't wait to get Ollie back out and on the road in the Spring, but at least this gives me some to do some routine maintenance in preperation for his ninth MoT!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 6/11/2008, 11:58 pm

Don't forget that I've driven Ollie through all seasons as my daily mode of transport for seven years. It's nice to have a change, and it makes it all the more exciting when returning to the MG. I love the 45 too. It's the perfect car for commuting, looks the business and has the performance to worry many of the regular company cars. I don't think I could have another MG on the driveway as I just wouldn't know which one to drive. Having the 45, even though it's a ZS120 in all but name and wood (!) makes it easier to define my practical car and my fun car, even though that divide can blur quite often!

Dark Knight wrote:That looks pretty cheap to me and in awesome condition
I don't think it is that cheap to be honest, with the economic climate as it is, imminent tax increases, etc. I wouldn't pay more than £4k I reckon. Dealers are highly negotiable moods these days, just so they can shift stock.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 7/11/2008, 12:06 am

well its the cheapest MKII ZS 180 for 60 miles from here and an 05 plate so didnt think it was too bad! Most at this age and mileage are 5-6K some more so!

Exclamation Question Neutral
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/11/2008, 12:07 am

Well you have to have somewhere to start from! If you're truly interested, go and see what the dealer is prepared to accept. After all, the closer we get to the tax increase and also the new MG saloon that SAIC have said will be on our shores in 2009, there must be a deal to be had...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 7/11/2008, 5:53 am

One word for you Paul VOLVO!!! Laughing I know its sacrelig to use the 'V' word on an MG site.

But..............

thats what i use mine for. Big, comfortable, eats the mileage, plenty of poke and 1 i know of in particular has done 1,000,000 miles! ( same engine ) and there cheap too !!!!!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 7/11/2008, 6:15 am

Rich Stone wrote: the 45, even though it's a ZS120 in all but name and wood (!)

Rich

No Embarassed Shocked Evil or Very Mad
The 45 has a compliant ride Laughing
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down