Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

No brakes in the wet!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No brakes in the wet! - Page 2 Empty Re: No brakes in the wet!

Post  Dark Knight 16/7/2008, 10:33 pm

dressur wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:well best thing would be to stck with thme till the end of the month, you have just over 2 weeks and the weather is looking up for the rest of the month, so reavaluate in August, i'm sure Max might astill have them then!

just take a little more care in the rain!

I am careful!! It's seriously crap in the wet - I can be doing 10mph, put my foot on the brakes, and it starts to slide!!

oh!!! didnt realise it was that bad.... sounds like the same issue as i had with the old BMW. After someone slashed all 4 of my tyres i could only get cheap ones on it that day and i needed to move car, they were terrible and used to aquaplane at any speed....

You may need to free up some cash then, or just hope the weather is ok for a couple of weeks!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 16/7/2008, 10:47 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:

oh!!! didnt realise it was that bad.... sounds like the same issue as i had with the old BMW. After someone slashed all 4 of my tyres i could only get cheap ones on it that day and i needed to move car, they were terrible and used to aquaplane at any speed....

You may need to free up some cash then, or just hope the weather is ok for a couple of weeks!!

I'm blaming my back tyres at the moment - they're really cheap and nasty ones. They're also different tyres, and different ages! One is brand new, and the other has been on certainly since I bought the car , and almost certainly longer! Tread is ok, but I'm expecting the Toyos to make a big difference!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 16/7/2008, 10:55 pm

dressur wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:

I'm blaming my back tyres at the moment - they're really cheap and nasty ones. They're also different tyres, and different ages! One is brand new, and the other has been on certainly since I bought the car , and almost certainly longer! Tread is ok, but I'm expecting the Toyos to make a big difference!

i thought you had put the toyo's on the bac kalready and it was still bad??? right well i'd get the back one on ASAP befroe thinking about the fronts!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 16/7/2008, 11:35 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
dressur wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:

i thought you had put the toyo's on the bac kalready and it was still bad??? right well i'd get the back one on ASAP befroe thinking about the fronts!

Nope - they haven't arrived yet! Then I need to find a tyre person who is happy to put them on for me - I've tried three and they will only do tyres they've sold
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 17/7/2008, 12:15 am

awkwards b$&*"rds
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 17/7/2008, 12:37 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:awkwards b$&*"rds

Yup -I'd do them myself, but my compressor takes about three years to blow up a tyre from empty!!!

I suspect heavy flirting may be my only option!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2