Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
ZS Extreme Spoiler? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

ZS Extreme Spoiler?

5 posters

Go down

ZS Extreme Spoiler? Empty ZS Extreme Spoiler?

Post  StevePem 29/7/2011, 3:23 am

Now that I am in "tinkering" mode, I am thinking about replacing the standard spoiler with an extreme spoiler on the ZS.

What do you think, is is worth it? Does it really look that much better? I saw quite a few at Duxford and quite liked them but the desire may pass.

Did I see somewhere that the standard ZS hatchback spoiler will fit on the F/TF (or maybe it was the ZS saloon one)? If so, maybe I could get a bit of cash back to counter the cost of an extreme spoiler.

I really want the black magic lights like Rich's first but they are minimum £100 so waiting for some to turn up on ebay!

The clear Lexus ones keep appearing on ebay so may even go for those.

And whilst I am at it, what about the 52mm throttle Body, is that really worth it?

Last edited by StevePem on 29/7/2011, 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Throttle Body Question)
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

ZS Extreme Spoiler? Empty Re: ZS Extreme Spoiler?

Post  Lee121 29/7/2011, 4:23 am

Yes to the spoiler....Rich has one on Smudge....looks the dogs.....and def yes to the TB, will be a much better drive......lights also a yes!!!....go'on go'on go'on!!!!! Laughing Twisted Evil Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 29/7/2011, 4:26 am

Yes. Smile

Always fit the extreme (Batwing - Hatch, Evo - Saloon) as they look so much better and suit the cars image of it being sportier than a simple Rover.

The 400/45/ZS bubble type spoiler does fit the F but I can't recall if it was a case of drilling and bolting it to the boot lid or you need brackets that allow you to clamp the spoiler to the boot lid, I know Rich can tell you more on this Smile

Keep an eye on the Bay as you never know when you can find a bargain, always search MG Rover and browse all listings if you have time as your be surprised what gets poorly listed Wink

Throttle body is always worth it what ever spec engine you have in mems3 format.

Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 29/7/2011, 5:40 am

StevePem wrote:Now that I am in "tinkering" mode, I am thinking about replacing the standard spoiler with an extreme spoiler on the ZS.

What do you think, is is worth it?
Absolutely, definitely, Yes! Thumbs up

There's one on eBay for a reasonable price. Lee's mate at Illusion could spray it at a good price too. He did mine and it's spot on...

StevePem wrote:I really want the black magic lights like Rich's first but they are minimum £100 so waiting for some to turn up on ebay!

The clear Lexus ones keep appearing on ebay so may even go for those.
Mine were £78 new but I can't remember where I got them... Don't even think about the clear ones though as they look cheap and nasty, especially on a dark car. The black ones like mine will blend with your car beautifully, probably better than on Smudge! Thumbs up

There's always good old fly-eye! Saw a Zed with the fly-eye treatment on it's rear lights at Duxford and it looked pretty good.

StevePem wrote:And whilst I am at it, what about the 52mm throttle Body, is that really worth it?
It won't give much in the way of a power increase, but the throttle response will be noticeably sharper and there may be a little increase in midrange torque. I ran Smudge with one for quite a while before going VVC and one thing I noticed was that the fuel consumption dropped a little. Of course, you need to have a decent COLD air intake with it... Thumbs up

Matt Parker wrote:The 400/45/ZS bubble type spoiler does fit the F but I can't recall if it was a case of drilling and bolting it to the boot lid or you need brackets that allow you to clamp the spoiler to the boot lid, I know Rich can tell you more on this Smile
Can I? How's that then? I've never fitted a Rover spoiler to an MG... Coffee

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 29/7/2011, 7:36 am

There are a couple of what appear to be anthracite ones on ebay - both from MK1 ZS and as far as I can tell, Anthracite is the only "near black" that the MK1 came in.

There were also a couple of 52mm Throttle bodies last time I looked. interesting that it may actually improve fuel consumption. I will get around to a Z & F tune eventually so sounds like well worth putting the 52mm on first.

Cheers guys
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 29/7/2011, 8:23 am

StevePem wrote:There are a couple of what appear to be anthracite ones on ebay - both from MK1 ZS and as far as I can tell, Anthracite is the only "near black" that the MK1 came in.
I obviously missed them. Rolling Eyes Are you sure they aren't just black unsprayed ones and are they definitely the hatchback versions? I would still be tempted to get one sprayed to exactly match the car. They're pretty big and any colour difference would be noticeable. Good luck though. You might just be spot on and found a bargain. Oh, and it doesn't make any difference if it's off a Mk1 or Mk2 as they're both the same.

StevePem wrote:There were also a couple of 52mm Throttle bodies last time I looked. interesting that it may actually improve fuel consumption. I will get around to a Z & F tune eventually so sounds like well worth putting the 52mm on first.
I even noticed the improvement to fuel consumption levels when I put one on Ollie. Of course, it does depend on how heavy your foot is on the 'go' pedal... Very Happy Cool

Prices on the throttle bodies do vary. My first was £80 from MGF Centre. My second was a special offer from Matt as part of the VVC upgrade. Not sure but he might have another one in his current stock. I'm sure he'll tell you if he has!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 29/7/2011, 9:46 pm

Bought a batwing spoiler so anyone want to buy a standard ZS hatch spoiler in Anthracite? Very Happy
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 1/8/2011, 6:44 am

StevePem wrote:Bought a batwing spoiler so anyone want to buy a standard ZS hatch spoiler in Anthracite? Very Happy

I would advertise it on .org as it would be an ideal mod for a Rover 45.

darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 1/8/2011, 7:20 pm

Hi darren,

Yes, was planning on putting it on .org. Not sure if the 45 came in Anthracite or if it was just an MG colour. If it does not have to be resprayed it will be more desirable I guess.

Not really sure how much it is worth so will probabbly do the usual and put it on ebay with a low start price and post the ebay link in .org.

Cheers
Steve
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down