Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Elec window not working and stuff I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Elec window not working and stuff

4 posters

Go down

Elec window not working and stuff Empty Elec window not working and stuff

Post  bomber harris 22/7/2010, 7:01 am

got my mgf on sunday knowing it had a electic window not working at all, thinking to my self must be the switch , got home sunday evening i went straight onto ebay and bought one, it arived on tuesday so i fitted it tues night , dam window still not working, now wondering if there is a seperate fuse for each of the two windows. does any one poss know, im hoping that is it cuz i realy don't fancy stripping the door out cuz if i do that it may not ever work again. Elec window not working and stuff 356801
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Elec window not working and stuff Empty Re: Elec window not working and stuff

Post  Matt Parker 22/7/2010, 8:19 am

Yes, there is a 15amp fuse for EACH window and they can blow easily. I went through about 6 fuses when I first got my F as the window regulator was on its way out and the motor was starting to seize, which is why the fuse blown. I can't remember the number of the fuses but they are together and in the centre lower run of fuses IIRC
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Elec window not working and stuff Empty thnx

Post  bomber harris 22/7/2010, 8:33 am

chears for that, thats put my mind at rest a little i'l do some serching and see if i can find which fuse it is. and keep my fingers crossed.
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 24/7/2010, 9:15 pm

Hi Carl the fuses for the windows are numbers 4 and 5 , they're both 10 amp blue fuses bottom row left hand side in the fusebox under the steering wheel.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bomber harris 25/7/2010, 1:52 am

thanks for that nick, got some new door speakers today from up the town, and also some nice red leathery material from northampton, i thought while ive got the door cards off i'll recover the coloured bit in the middle if you know what i mean just done one at htis moment of time and it looks spot on. Elec window not working and stuff Icon_biggrin
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 25/7/2010, 2:41 am

We need pics

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  bomber harris 25/7/2010, 3:58 am

bomber harris wrote:thanks for that nick, got some new door speakers today from up the town, and also some nice red leathery material from northampton, i thought while ive got the door cards off i'll recover the coloured bit in the middle if you know what i mean just done one at htis moment of time and it looks spot on. Elec window not working and stuff Icon_biggrin
ive just done the passenger side whilst i had the door card off i found the elec window unpluged, i thought thats wierd so i conected it back up and give it a go, the window went down realy slow and i had to help it come back up, so think the motor must be had its days,so does anyone by any chance have one for sale
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 25/7/2010, 4:11 am

Nothing like that in my shed I'm afraid. Not something most would have a spare of, but I'm sure one of the breakers would have one, especially as it's the passenger side. It's the drivers side that usually gets the wear and tear and then slows to an abrupt halt!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 25/7/2010, 9:56 am

15 amp last time I replaced some on a TF and Im sure they are all 15 amp due to the motors requiring a large load Elec window not working and stuff Suspect

Ive had all of my fuse board out today whilst fitting my electric mirrors so could of taken pictures of it but never realised. If I remember I will double check my fleet and take a picture tomorrow.

I think I may have some spare motors in the loft but most likely under 2 tons of other spares lol so can't garrentee I'll be able to check for you.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  bomber harris 25/7/2010, 8:39 pm

Matt Parker wrote:15 amp last time I replaced some on a TF and Im sure they are all 15 amp due to the motors requiring a large load Elec window not working and stuff Suspect

Ive had all of my fuse board out today whilst fitting my electric mirrors so could of taken pictures of it but never realised. If I remember I will double check my fleet and take a picture tomorrow.

I think I may have some spare motors in the loft but most likely under 2 tons of other spares lol so can't garrentee I'll be able to check for you.

would be most gratefull if could check Elec window not working and stuff Icon_biggrin
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 27/7/2010, 8:23 am

I knew I was right Smile

15amp fuse and its number 4 and 5 which is the lower run starting from the left going to right Smile
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  bomber harris 28/7/2010, 1:46 am

chears guys ive now found the problem , its the motor , prev owner had disconected it by unplugging it behind door card on the passenger side found this whilst doing the door cards on sunday trying to sorce a motor now .
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 28/7/2010, 3:24 am

Ooops yup I got the colour right but the rating wrong as Matt says 15 amp not 10 ...my bad (then again I am in IT and we only work in binary Laughing)
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 28/7/2010, 4:09 am

any excuse Nick Wink
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down