Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
key fob doesnt work - help me please! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

key fob doesnt work - help me please!

2 posters

Go down

key fob doesnt work - help me please! Empty key fob doesnt work - help me please!

Post  Zedhead 16/11/2009, 8:58 am

hey guys and gals, been a while, but i have a problem! the car unlocked, then it wouldnt lock, then it imobilised itself, so now i cant lock it - other than manually, and when i try to start it does nothing but beeps at me, i have to go to work in the morning, and i am parked in a permit area which becomes active at 8am. I suspect its the battery in the keyfob, but i obviouly cant go and get one now.

If i go in the morning, i need to know which battery it is before i open the key fob because as i undertand, if the battery is out for more than a certain time it needs re-programming?

So, do you think its already too late and it will need re-programming? if so where can i get that done? i will need re-covery right? RAC cant do that can they?

also what battery do i need - exact product code/battery number would be brilliant please guys!

please help!

thanks!
Zedhead
Zedhead

Back to top Go down

key fob doesnt work - help me please! Empty Re: key fob doesnt work - help me please!

Post  uk kiwis 16/11/2009, 8:36 pm

Mine did the same some time ago.....Sounds mad and it may not be the same for yours but it was a loose wire to the starter motor. It appeared to be the security but no...

Other than that Halfords have the batteries. CR2032 3 volts Energiser.

Best of luck...don't panic Captain.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

key fob doesnt work - help me please! Empty Re: key fob doesnt work - help me please!

Post  Zedhead 17/11/2009, 2:25 am

hmm interesting, starter motor you say - others suggest a fault in the rear hatch wiring loom (which it wasnt) - seems these mgs are prone to random things interfering with the imobiliser.

anyway - update, battery didnt fix it, no blown fuses, RAC knew nothing, kind man from MGRS High Wycombe came to me with diagnostics and new key fob, but that wouldnt work either - it ended up on a flatbed to his garage, and that is where she sits now.....

boohoo!
Zedhead
Zedhead

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 17/11/2009, 3:17 am

They are an orphan to be sure to be sure but we love em!

Trust it is not too expensive......

I had a Scimitar for years had to rebuild many parts several times, gear box etc. Meanwhile the 'Japa' we had just went on and on, just could not kill it. The whole family tried to drive it into the ground.

Moral of the story? if you want a toy you must expect it to cost you. I can lend you a hankie pack, not much else.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedhead 17/11/2009, 3:54 am

Faulty key fob and loose connection on alarm unit/ecu.

Flatbed Recovery £35, new key fob £60, T4 diagnosis re-program alarm and one hours labour £55.

Day off work - priceless!
Zedhead
Zedhead

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 17/11/2009, 5:47 am

A good result. You will feel happier and well pleased.

See you soon hopefully
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down