Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe?

+8
Tony
adrianvvc
Stu
Sambomonkee
uk kiwis
Nick
Captain Slow
Rich
12 posters

Go down

Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? Empty Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe?

Post  Rich 12/5/2013, 9:50 pm

As we haven't had a trip down to our old favourite, the Globe at Linslade, for quite a while and we have a few new members who have never done the run, I though it would be nice to squeeze one in. It might be a little last minute, but I was thinking possibly 19th May (next Sunday). Let me know if you'd be interested and if there are sufficient numbers I'll move this to the meetings thread...
Basketball
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? Empty Re: Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe?

Post  Captain Slow 13/5/2013, 12:08 am

Depends on if I'm doing a head gasket on a certain green TF; if not, I could be in!
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe? Empty Re: Anyone fancy a Sunday pub meet at the Globe?

Post  Nick 13/5/2013, 6:35 am

I could be up for this , it's been ages since we did a run!
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 13/5/2013, 7:04 pm

Carole was just saying the other day that we had not had one for awhile.

You are a bit late ordering the weather though......................ha

Sounds good to me.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 13/5/2013, 9:18 pm

If I'm allowed to bring the ZS, might bring the mob down for a lunch out.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 13/5/2013, 10:00 pm

Sambomonkee wrote:If I'm allowed to bring the ZS, might bring the mob down for a lunch out.
Of course you can bring the ZS! This is an MG-Rover enthusiasts' club and we're not biased just because most of us have F/TFs... Zeds and Rovers are loved too!
Laughing
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 14/5/2013, 10:53 am

Sisters wedding up in derby at the weekend otherwise would be there,have a good meet,globe always a good one!
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/5/2013, 4:41 pm

With interest a tad lacking on this we'll postpone it for a few weeks, until the weather improves and a little more notice might help. I'm sure I can find a gap between the summer season's many events!

Watch this space... Big eyes! Coffee
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 17/5/2013, 10:09 pm

Shame, if the weather was going to be good it would have been a no brainier, I was free for once as well
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 18/5/2013, 5:08 am

Yep, we were up for it too......
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianvvc 18/5/2013, 5:47 am

I was hoping for a nice warm drive too.
adrianvvc
adrianvvc

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 18/5/2013, 6:30 am

Subject to having nothing else on on the proposed date.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/5/2013, 5:03 pm

Ok guys... Here's a dilemma for you...

The weather forecast isn't that bad after all, so we could still do it tomorrow if you really would like to... But you'll have to post on this thread TODAY to confirm. If we get more than five cars by 9pm, it's on and I'll post convoy meeting details. Otherwise, consider it still postponed...
Cool innit! Driver
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 18/5/2013, 6:54 pm

Im still up for it assuming my tax disc arrives today
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 18/5/2013, 7:55 pm

We are still up for it.

Down to you.........
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 19/5/2013, 3:02 am

Oh what the hell... Lets just get a meeting place sorted and whoever is there at the time of departure is joining us!

So, the meeting place is Buddies car park, Old Stratford (MK19 6AQ) and the strict departure time is 11am.

Those I'm hoping will be there, after this and the Facebook announcement are:

• Me!
  • Dave & Carole
  • Graham & Jan
  • Tony & Dawn (if it's not clashing!)
  • Adrian
  • Lee S & mob in the new acquisition!
  • Lee P & Sue (might...)
  • Iain (feel free to bring the Elise)
  • Nick (could do...)
  • Colin

Last edited by Rich on 19/5/2013, 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 19/5/2013, 3:10 am

Ok

Will be there, good to catch up with Ma and Pa........

uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 19/5/2013, 4:54 am

Crap, better wash the new ZS Smile
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  MG Tom 19/5/2013, 8:57 am

Sambomonkee wrote:Crap, better wash the new ZS Smile

Hope you got the new exhaust fitted Wink

Shame I can't make this one, visiting in laws in the north west and won't be leaving til mid morning Sad

Enjoy it everyone!
MG Tom
MG Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 19/5/2013, 11:20 am

Elise is still suffering from badger damage and is awaiting repair, so the ZS fresh from its detailing session will be brought out.

Colin-respond to my texts you scoundrel, you.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 19/5/2013, 4:41 pm

Captain Slow wrote:Elise is still suffering from badger damage and is awaiting repair, so the ZS fresh from its detailing session will be brought out.

Colin-respond to my texts you scoundrel, you.

Mate if you txt me in the middle of the night, your have to wait till morning Very Happy

I will be there though, not sure thought to meet at the A5 or at the pub bearing in mind I will be in a big black merc!!!!!
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 19/5/2013, 4:51 pm

cejsmith wrote:I will be there though, not sure thought to meet at the A5 or at the pub bearing in mind I will be in a big black merc!!!!!
Better make it the pub then... It's the one just outside Leeds... Laugh my a**e off!

Seriously, the weather forecast is looking better than it did yesterday so we should have a nice run down. Anyone else want to join us at the last minute?
Carting!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  andyhells 19/5/2013, 6:27 pm

Looks like you've got a nice day for it after all ... enjoy Very Happy
andyhells
andyhells

http://www.image980.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 19/5/2013, 8:14 pm

We're on the way!
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 20/5/2013, 12:38 am

Well it turned out a pretty good little meet, with the exception of a couple of incidents. Firstly, my day's coolant cap decided to go on the way over to the staring point so he was forced to go back home. Then one of Lee's 'mob', namely his son Ben, had an accident in the play area at the pub and had to go to A&E at Milton Keynes hospital. We wish him the best for a speedy recovery.

Thanks to those who made it though, after the on/off last minute arrangement of the meet. Perhaps we'll be able to squeeze in another at some point...
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down