Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness??????

4 posters

Go down

FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? Empty FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness??????

Post  cejsmith 23/3/2013, 7:00 am

Wife has decided to get a caravan again and I'm looking at get a car to tow with. I was thinking of a Freelander V6 as they are cheap, so apart from drinking like a fish is there any extra problems with them????

The other option was a MGztt auto or 75 V6 auto ( I like autos for towing) as they are so cheap at the moment . Have anybody towed with one???
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? Empty Re: FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness??????

Post  Tony 23/3/2013, 9:23 am

Doesn't the Freelander V6 only come with an auto 'box? As it's the KV6 engine, I'd assume all of the typical KV6 issues like the VIS manifold would apply.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness?????? Empty Re: FREELANDER v6 AUTO is it Madness??????

Post  Nick 23/3/2013, 9:48 am

Find an LPG converted one, freelanders are cool and great value too.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 23/3/2013, 8:29 pm

TD4 is the way to go. Kv6 has more issues than ever in a Freelander as it eats IRDs and VCUs. That and a healthy 16-20 mpg makes for an expensive diet. If you want performance, then Rove Ron's Synergy upgrade is the way to go. I rarely put mine in full on performance mode as the basic remap is more than adequate fun and still returns 38-40mpg! All switchable live so when someone really takes the piss you can go into attack status!

Oh, and they're still not than expensive if you get an early one... Thumbs up

I'll take you out in mine if you like!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 24/3/2013, 4:59 am

Rich wrote:TD4 is the way to go. Kv6 has more issues than ever in a Freelander as it eats IRDs and VCUs. That and a healthy 16-20 mpg makes for an expensive diet. If you want performance, then Rove Ron's Synergy upgrade is the way to go. I rarely put mine in full on performance mode as the basic remap is more than adequate fun and still returns 38-40mpg! All switchable live so when someone really takes the piss you can go into attack status!

Oh, and they're still not than expensive if you get an early one... Thumbs up

I'll take you out in mine if you like!

Why would a IRD's and VCU be eaten by a V6 more than a Diesel as the diesel has more torque?
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down