Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
What have you done to your car today? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

What have you done to your car today?

+7
cejsmith
Nick
Matt Parker
uk kiwis
Captain Slow
Lee121
Rich
11 posters

Go down

What have you done to your car today? Empty What have you done to your car today?

Post  Rich 13/1/2013, 9:13 pm

Having a thread like this seems to be very popular on other forums so I thought I'd start one here...

Well as we've got our MG factory tour this Thursday, I thought I'd uncover TC for the first time this year. All is looking good but the usual has happened... Flat battery! The charger is now attached and things are looking good. I've checked all the levels and all seems ok there too. So now we just need the weather to be ok and it should be a great start to our 2013 event season.
cheers  Carting!

Last edited by Rich on 26/2/2014, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your car today? Empty Re: What have you done to your car today?

Post  Lee121 13/1/2013, 9:59 pm

Looked at smudge.....covered in frost!!!!......need to put sidelight bulb in N/S....but cant see how to get the damned old one out!!!....plus number plate light bulb to change ahead of MOT....but if doesnt get warmer I aint going outside!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your car today? Empty Re: What have you done to your car today?

Post  Captain Slow 13/1/2013, 10:51 pm

Put it outside on the drive as Jo's car is now languishing in my garage with no cylinder head...poor ZS!
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 13/1/2013, 10:58 pm

Got a guy coming to prise a few dents out of the F on Monday. Looks like
he will be working in the snow? me, I am staying in the warm...ha

Have some new SS pipes to go on, a new radiator, near new muffler/tail pipes and some
new rubber hoses, cat etc. Bit of a birthday you could say. Going to keep the car so preventive maintenance seems the way to go.

'You know it makes sense'
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 14/1/2013, 6:38 am

Even thought I'm still ill as of today I have a mems3 VVC engine and BRM gearbox sitting in the front of the pickup Very Happy yesterday I sorted the power steering pipes out as I found I have the correct brand new one in my parts bin as I decided to have a look through to see what I had after re-organising the majority of parts behind the garage affraid lol
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 14/1/2013, 7:51 am

Just fitted a chrome footrest and the switched bootlid light. Oh and emptied the F of all the Christmas decorations that have been sat in it for the last 2weeks. Still have a little more bling to add and check the oil before Thursday.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 14/1/2013, 8:58 am

wiped the condensation from the inside of the windscreen, there is a leak somewhere!!!!!
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 14/1/2013, 9:36 am

Ready for snow......Checked tyre tread and pressures,screen wash filled up.

Looks like i'm going to need 2 rear tyres shortly....with the drop in temp the car drops and wears out the rear tyres just when you need them in the winter Rolling Eyes
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 17/1/2013, 8:16 am

Captain Slow wrote:Put it outside on the drive as Jo's car is now languishing in my garage with no cylinder head...poor ZS!

No Evil or Very Mad

My ZS is in hibernation , checked at least once a week, and wheels turned a quarter of a turn once a month.
and the R8 214 passed its MOT yesterday. Happy Days Very Happy
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  andyhells 31/1/2014, 10:24 pm

MOT-ed both Ollie & Mishka, glad to report both passed ... Not quite with flying colours so a little tlc needed this summer! Phew that's a relief, thanks to that man Matt again!
andyhells
andyhells

http://www.image980.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 26/2/2014, 6:36 am

your welcome Andy Smile

Today I have played with the Honda, welded on a ZR exhaust tail pipe and de-badged the tailgate along with attended to a small previous repair on it. There would have been an MG badge fitted but its the wrong shape, so got to make something up  Headbanger 
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/3/2014, 7:32 pm

Matt Parker wrote:Today I have played with the Honda, welded on a ZR exhaust tail pipe and de-badged the tailgate along with attended to a small previous repair on it. There would have been an MG badge fitted but its the wrong shape, so got to make something up  Headbanger 

And slowly... It transforms into a ZS-T!  cheers 
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 1/3/2014, 8:24 pm

Well I already fitted full ZS suspension on it as the original shocks were shot, If I have the energy later(suffereing with flu) I may change the wheels but atm I don't think I'll be able to lift up a Lego wheel let alone a real one
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  andyhells 3/3/2014, 5:01 am

Fitted a new heater knob!
andyhells
andyhells

http://www.image980.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianvvc 6/3/2014, 7:50 am

Fitted a TF plastic alternator shield to replace that soggy piece of cloth.
Also fitted a leather armrest. Well pleased with both.

Still looking for a TF heater intake snorkel....cheap.

No, I don't want to make my Trophy look like a TF.
adrianvvc
adrianvvc

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 8/3/2014, 5:50 am

Well I looked at it and thought it's about time I taxed it... Oh, and a healthy charge of the battery wouldn't go amiss...  Rolling Eyes 

Still, we have the weather for it this weekend!  Cool 
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 18/3/2014, 5:51 am

Well today I gave the TF a quick clean before leaving work but saturday I made a modification, I changed the clutch and brake pedal rubbers for some Honda Civic ones, simular to LE500 ones, simple little touch Smile

What have you done to your car today? IMAG2641_zps35670c7f
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 30/3/2014, 9:38 am

Got TC back on the road today. After being laid up for the winter, he started immediately with no misfires or splutters and did a run out around town and off to a pub for an early evening meal. He still needs a thorough wash and polish but that will be tomorrow's task. It was just enough today that I was back in the seat of my MG!
 cheers 
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianvvc 31/3/2014, 6:27 am

Rich, if you taxed TC from 1st April ?, you should not be on the road until Tuesday.
adrianvvc
adrianvvc

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 31/3/2014, 7:09 am

adrianvvc wrote:Rich, if you taxed TC from 1st April ?, you should not be on the road until Tuesday.

Rich spoke about taxing TC in a post on March 7th.
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/3/2014, 3:51 pm

darrenzs wrote:
adrianvvc wrote:Rich, if you taxed TC from 1st April ?, you should not be on the road until Tuesday.

Rich spoke about taxing TC in a post on March 7th.

Correct... I got the tax three weeks ago and did it from 1st March!  Rolling Eyes Coffee
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 1/4/2014, 5:29 am

If the weather forecast for April looks good, I will tax my ZS soon, otherwise I'm waiting till May.
Always a dilemma working in a six month window, do I do April and miss October? or do I miss April and do October?
In recent years I've done the latter: mainly influence by a mate who drives a gritting lorry telling me the gritting year runs from 1st November to 30th April!
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianvvc 1/4/2014, 6:30 am

I tax mine for 12mths from Feb 1st until end of October or November, then send tax disc back for a refund.
adrianvvc
adrianvvc

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 1/4/2014, 8:31 am

Yes, that's an option Adrian.
But I only wanna pay for six months  Rolling Eyes
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 2/4/2014, 12:59 am

Usually I do mine from April until the net of September so I get the maximum options for events. I have been known to have it on the road for the full year so I can jump in whenever the sun comes out! This year, finances were a little right and is only just taxed the Freelander again so had to wait, then backdate it for last weekend. It was definitely worth it for the weather and a decent run to clear out the cobwebs!
 Carting!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down