Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Belated Happy New Year - All Change I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Belated Happy New Year - All Change

4 posters

Go down

Belated Happy New Year - All Change Empty Belated Happy New Year - All Change

Post  StevePem 11/1/2013, 5:06 am

Hello All, Belated Happy New Year!

Sorry I could not make the meet last Thursday but like half the population, I was really ill over Christmas and New Year - could not eat a single mouthfull on Christmas Day so was a bit of a wash out Embarassed

ALL CHANGE IN 2013 FOR ME!

On the Work Front
Lots of things changing for me. My employer decided to give me a special "Christmas Present" and make me redundant on 19th Dec. Fortunately I had some advance warning.

I decided that 2013 is going to be my year and therefore declared 13 to be my lucky number!

I spent the last week of Dec and first week of Jan negotiating T&C with a new employer and start on Feb 1st Very Happy

On the Car Front
The ZS went in early December, sold it on ebay to some guy in Leicester who buys and does up MG "Z"s

I bought Ed's TF off him and after spending two days swapping the interiors from one to the other, have my old TF on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-MG-TF-SILVER-/230908066609?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35c3317b31) and hopefully will be gone soon.

In the spirit of my new found lucky number, my new TF is officially christened "Lucky 13".

I may have been a bit premature though! Ed never properly fixed the sticking clutch release arm and now the car is living outside in the elements, it is seized good and proper. I just took delivery of a Mike Satur clutch release arm and as Nick was enthusing about it, I also got the bell end kit as well.

All the bits will hopefully be put on next week but I suspect it will require a new clutch as well as the release arm. Hopefully my AA homestart and relay will cover me to get it transported up to the garage - if not I guess I will have to shell out for recovery as well Evil or Very Mad

Hope you are all well and will catch up with you soon. I may be away with the new job on first Thursday of Feb so may not make Overstone, if not, I will see you at FRL.

Cheers
Steve

PS, Rich, can you change my signature bar for me? In fact, just give me Eds Laughing

I will let him keep it as well

QUICK UPDATE
Looks like I will not be travelling until 2nd week of Feb so will make the meet on 7th but not sure if I will be back from US in time for FRL - depends if I fly home on Friday or Saturday - if I leave Saturday of course will not land back in UK until Sunday
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Belated Happy New Year - All Change Empty Re: Belated Happy New Year - All Change

Post  Nick 11/1/2013, 10:51 am

Wow sounds like you've made the most of 2013 already, good news on the job, I'm on the lookout to as I'm redundant at the end of March.
Just a small note, it's the MS bellcrank kit, not a bell end Laughing Big eyes!
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Belated Happy New Year - All Change Empty Re: Belated Happy New Year - All Change

Post  uk kiwis 11/1/2013, 8:09 pm

We missed the last meeting due to popular cough and cold bugs........

On the mend now.

Trust you two guys are in work again soon.

Happy days....press on regardless

Last edited by uk kiwis on 11/1/2013, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 11/1/2013, 8:19 pm

Nick wrote:Wow sounds like you've made the most of 2013 already, good news on the job, I'm on the lookout to as I'm redundant at the end of March.
Just a small note, it's the MS bellcrank kit, not a bell end Laughing Big eyes!
I stand corrected Embarassed I just meant the slick shift kit for the bellcrank end rather than the gear lever end Very Happy

Any news for you on the job front? Everything just takes so long these days. I started talking to my new company mid October and all the way through it has been positive, want to move ahead quickly, minimum fuss etc but still took c14 weeks between initial interview and start date.

Good luck with the search
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 13/1/2013, 7:15 am

WOW!!!.......here's to 2013 mate....you in the new job....and me eventually in the big lorry....when they get around to training me!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down