Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Something that has been helping my bordem I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Something that has been helping my bordem

3 posters

Go down

Something that has been helping my bordem Empty Something that has been helping my bordem

Post  Matt Parker 17/9/2011, 6:09 am

To help with some of my bordem I have been playing around with a little toy for a friends Rover 100(metro) Turbo, its a Race Technology Dash2, normally fitted to the majority of single seater race cars.

It has all the standard dash functions but can also linked to an after market ecu such as Omex and Emerald(k3 and k6) to give clear function read outs etc, it also has all the abilities that you would expect you need for racing like lap and sector timing, vehcile positioning,vehicle altitude and heading. At the top of the dash you have various LED's that are for warning and shift lights, these are abit bright to start with but I found you can adjust the intensity so you can see where your going Smile

Anyway I have made it so it fits in the orignal Metro dash console and making it a plug and play unit which I am fairly pleased with Very Happy just afew little bits to finish off and its ready to go.

warning lights and rpm at idle works
Something that has been helping my bordem Dash2trial
shift lights working as rpm raised
Something that has been helping my bordem Dash2trial2
LED brightness altered
Something that has been helping my bordem Dash2trial3
complete in the metro housing
Something that has been helping my bordem Dash2housed
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Something that has been helping my bordem Empty Re: Something that has been helping my bordem

Post  Rich 17/9/2011, 6:15 am

Me likey! Jiggly laugh

So, can it work in an MGF (a certain red Trophy 160 springs to mind) and how much is it? Cool

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Something that has been helping my bordem Empty Re: Something that has been helping my bordem

Post  Matt Parker 17/9/2011, 6:18 am

Yes it will work on just about any car, and I am thinking of it for Fizzbot. Paul Luti has the same dash fitted to his LE500 race car so we know it works well on F/TF Wink

The downside of it is the cost, if you have around £700 laying about that you don't mind parting with then its no problem at all Laughing
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/9/2011, 6:33 am

Erm... Just remembered how much I like the retro 'anaolgue' needle look... Coffee

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 20/9/2011, 6:05 am

Finished off the dash today and it does look good in mine, am very tempted now to get one but need to have a clear out first I think lol

Something that has been helping my bordem Dashfitted2

Something that has been helping my bordem Dashfitted1

next project is to finish removing the wallpaper in my bedroom and get it painted before I attack the cars lol
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 21/9/2011, 8:30 am

Smart installation Matt Cool
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 21/9/2011, 8:52 am

Just as a matter of interest, what does it look like lit up at night and do the bright LEDs dim then too?

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 21/9/2011, 9:06 am

Thanks Darren, I am pleased with the outcome Smile

To get the dash to illuminate it has to be programed via the pc, all programming needs to be done at the same time idealy and that will be done once it is in its home. The illumination is suposed to be blue, I have also kept the original Metro dash down lighters and fitted some blue bulbs to help give it a glow at night, but I have yet to see it at night as its in a box ready to go, may play before it gets collected at end of the week.

The LED's will dim whenthe lights are one, but as these are adjustable you can have them set very low so you can hardly see them so there will be no problem with these dazzeling at night Smile
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum