Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Anyone going to Stoneleigh???

+8
adrianvvc
Ed Pemberton
uk kiwis
Nick
Matt Parker
StevePem
Rich
cejsmith
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone going to Stoneleigh???

Post  Lee121 20/2/2011, 9:39 pm

Are you pleased with it Stu??? Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 176358 Very Happy Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 356801 Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 356801 Anyone going to Stoneleigh??? - Page 2 356801
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 21/2/2011, 6:49 am

buuuurble buuuuurble pop???
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 21/2/2011, 8:55 am

Disappointed I missed this today, was hoping to go but had to spend my Sunday putting the Streetwise back together (cheers for the text based help Matt!).
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 21/2/2011, 9:19 am

No probs Iain, happy to help Smile

Well it was a busy show, good for trade, good for the show but a pain to get around the place but I managed to get round the majority of it. I even managed to actually buy things this year, not everything I wanted as some traders weren't there but should have a nice new engine stand arrive tuesday, which means project TF-T will be under way shortly Wink and I got the ZR tweaked by ZandF-Tuning, had to have another one off custom map made up in the end and it was nicer to drive back home making less throttle movement yet pulling along quicker and smoother Very Happy
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 21/2/2011, 9:57 am

I AM H.A.P.P.Y. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy all tuned up by Z and F ,serviced and through the mot with nowt needed Cool

Definite smile factor and car feeling alot better Wink
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 21/2/2011, 7:23 pm

It definitely felt busy but we couldn't help but notice that each year the number of traders drop. There were a couple of items my dad and I were looking for but were nowhere to be seen, even though there were several traders last year with just the sort of stuff we were after.

The other thing that we couldn't help noticing was the balance of MG models in the sheds. The modern models outweighed the classics easity and the biggest surprise was the amount of ZTs. In fact I think there were more of them than MGF/TFs!

Stoneleigh remains the season opener and no doubt us die-hards will keep going, but it would be nice for more of the larger traders like Rimmer Bros and more of the MGR breakers to return to the fold. Although most stuff is readily available on eBay, it's nice to have a rummage about and find those special deals, although at least the credit card survived the outing this time!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 21/2/2011, 11:47 pm

Yep, we had a good day too. Bumped into many folk we know, saw you at a distance Richard. Talked to a club member from Belgium and as he said you can buy it all on Ebay but it is just not the same as soaking up the atmosphere. He has a large collection at home
to maintain. Lucky.

We bought a host of stuff for the New Zealand MGB including hard to source clips for the boot badge which is coming adrift. Toneau rail bag, radio grill mesh, door handles lots of bits, oh and four chrome wire wheel spinners. Very heavy to carry on a plane though, oh dear. Castrol oil jug for me and the 'F', always have trouble with adding oil and not spilling it.

Have a full set of pods now too but will probably never need them, ho hum. Great day and renews ones enthusiasm. The Blue MK 11 MGA made my heart flutter, wow. Do I really need one? like a hole in the head!

Don't use the'F' enough as it is.
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2