Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD!

2 posters

Go down

iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! Empty iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD!

Post  Rich 11/6/2010, 4:26 am

Ok, just testing the water here but if I get the right offer...

iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! 8303d880

My iPhone is likely to be moving on in the very near future (can't think why! Suspect ) so I'm wondering if anyone here would like to make an offer. It's the 3G 8Gb version and has been jailbroken so can be customised like crazy... I can give lessons! It is in immaculate condition as it was replaced under warranty only three weeks ago at the Apple Store in Milton Keynes. It will come in the original box with all the bits and pieces, a black shell case and a proper car bracket (not a universal one).

It is running the latest OS (3.1.3) and can be upgraded to iOS4 as soon as it launches in a couple of weeks. It is locked to O2 and can be supplied with a brand new unused O2 Pay-As-You-Go SIM card.

So any offers then?

Rich

Please note: Only Supporters can reply on this thread. If you're interested in making an offer, PM me!

Last edited by Rich on 30/7/2010, 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! Empty Re: iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD!

Post  Nick 11/6/2010, 6:32 am

OK I'm interested, (price dependant) and assuming I can get it unlocked for T-mobile... let me know. I need one in my life even though the new one is out!
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 11/6/2010, 7:07 am

I'll check up on the unlock for you. Did you have a sensible offer in mind?

My main problem at the moment is although I can now break out of my existing contract with a special upgrade deal O2 are doing and the tarriffs have also been confirmed (same as I'm already on...), they haven't confirmed the actual initial prices for the phones! As long as I can cover everything...

Just for info, Carphone Warehouse have offered £164 as a trade-in and I've had an immediate offer of £150 by PayPal on .org already... but it can't go until I've got the replacement lined up!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 11/6/2010, 7:44 am

Right then, here's the unlock details...

As the phone is 'new', it is running the most up-to-date OS (v3.1.3) which many of the free unlockers are holding back on so that Apple don't discover it before iOS 4 is released and patch the hole that allows the unlock. Therefore, for a free unlock you would have to wait for the iOS 4.0 launch (only a couple of weeks) ...

However... There is a paid alternative and it can be found at This Website. Not that expensive really and carries a lifetime guarantee so looks worth it.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 11/6/2010, 8:36 am

Hi Rich,

Looks OK to me I can go to £175 if that's good for you? though it'll be next friday till I get the cash together and I'm happy to wait tll you're free to get your new phone. I assume buying apps etc will be easy enough?

I can sort cash so save paypal fees... iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! Icon_biggrin
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 11/6/2010, 6:25 pm

That's a fine offer Nick! Leave it with me as I monitor what's happening with the prices on the new ones. I'm hoping the 16Gb is free with the new contract and I'm not interested in the 32Gb one as I've only just managed to fill 8Gb! Rolling Eyes

However, I can assure you that you have second refusal... Kate has the first, but I'll no doubt lose out on that deal! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Also, in the unlikely case Kate does decide to go with it, my boss may be able to offer the same deal... Depends if he wants to upgrade, as he got his the same week I did...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 11/6/2010, 7:12 pm

Update... My boss would be happy to do the same deal but he's going to wait like me to see what the cost of the phones are. So that means providing O2 don't get too greedy, you're guaranteed a phone! Hopefully, this info will be available very soon...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 11/6/2010, 8:14 pm

Sounds good to me, I have a colleague who can unlock it as long as it's been jailbroken so that's good. Would I still get a case and car bracket with yuor bosses phone? I'll tuck the money to one side.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 11/6/2010, 9:23 pm

Nick sort of wrote:... Would I still get a case and car bracket with your bosses phone? ...
I could possibly sort out a bracket if you don't mind a slightly modified one (I filed an edge down to accommodate an FM transmitter... You can have that too!). The hard clip cases are being sold in HMV to raise money for the the charity CLIC Sargent for the excellent sum of £5. They're almost identical to the ones the Apple Store sell at £25, except they are pink inside... You can't see that when the phone is in it though! If Kate doesn't want it, I'll throw that in too...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 21/6/2010, 11:18 pm

Hi Rich,just to let you know I've got my mitts on a 16gb 3gs iphone as once I told my mate about the 4g uptrade he's going for it so I'm buying his old one.... job done! so that's Kate me and you who'll al be iphoned up in the near future iPhone 3G 8Gb - SOLD! Icon_biggrin
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 22/6/2010, 1:11 am

Excellent news! Let me know if/when you want it jailbroken/unlocked. If he's on O2 with it, get him to ask for it to be unlocked BEFORE he upgrades his account. Mine is now done... Took only 4 days to get it sorted which isn't too bad for an 'official' O2 request!

Also, if you want any customising done... I'm your iMan! Rolling Eyes Cool Laugh my a**e off!

Just created a new 'Techie' area for anyone who wants to talk gadgets or needs help with their tech. Have a look here. Suspect

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down