Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Breacon Run I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Breacon Run

+3
daved
Rich
Captain Slow
7 posters

Go down

Breacon Run Empty Breacon Run

Post  Captain Slow 13/10/2009, 7:09 am

A couple of members & I started this event in the FFOC (Ford Focus...aye, you guessed it!) and it became incredibly popular (almost too popular), so I figured it would work for us too... Breacon Run Icon_smile

Basically...it's an early morning run across country from the 3 Counties to the Breacon Beacons in Wales. Going across country is a nice route (I'll have to double check it with the guys I used to do it with) and timed right, you can stop in Merthyr Tydfill for breakfast.

This sets you up perfectly for a run up into the mountains for lovely views, photograph opportunities and of course some great driving roads. We can either stay in the Beacons or venture a little further north perhaps toward the Evo Triangle (readers of aforementioned magazine will know this is a famous little loop often used in their road tests).

Towards late afternoon we drop down into Cardiff for a pub meal before an easy run (touch wood!!) along the M4 home. If people fancied it we could tie it with a meet with the South Wales region of the FFOC, a nice friendly bunch Breacon Run Icon_biggrin

The early start means it can be done in a day (we used to always do it on a Sunday)-I used to leave home at 6am and be home at around 9pm.

What do people think?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Breacon Run Empty Re: Breacon Run

Post  Rich 14/10/2009, 6:42 am

Sounds interesting... When did you have in mind? I assume you wouldn't invite any FFs along!
Laughing

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 15/10/2009, 5:23 am

I'd be up for that. I drive to Cardiff regularly for work. It's about 3 hours from Northampton.

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 15/10/2009, 5:22 pm

This sounds like a really nice idea Breacon Run Icon_biggrin .......I hope I get internet quicker than BT promise in the new gaff!!.......
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 16/10/2009, 9:09 am

When is up to everybody really, mid-late November or early December? We used to do it in late January and even though it was cold we were lucky with the weather. Breacon Run Icon_smile
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 16/10/2009, 4:43 pm

Personally, I think late January would suit us too. There are still one or two shows going on and Christmas stuff happening so this could affect time and money availability. This could be the 2010 SmS season opener!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 17/10/2009, 9:52 pm

We'll leave it for now as something to be talked about and planned at the next meet Breacon Run Icon_smile
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Pretty_George 19/10/2009, 5:54 pm

You know me son, I'll be there, love it. It really is an excellent run as well, I think I've been on 3 with you Iain, all extremely enjoyable experiences.
Pretty_George

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 20/10/2009, 12:09 am

Sounds like a plan looking forward to it
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 13/12/2009, 10:17 pm

We'll sort this out at the Christmas meal Breacon Run Icon_biggrin should be good to do in January!
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 30/12/2009, 11:04 pm

Does anyone still fancy doing this in the new year?
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/12/2009, 7:59 am

Yeah, still think it's a great idea but would suggest we leave it until March perhaps.

Also, we could possibly make it a charity event by making a small charge for entry. It could also add a little to club funds. Our members are used to this sort of arrangement and we can invite guests from other regions or clubs too. What's the opinion of others on this?

I'm more than happy to help with promo stuff, printed materials and even rally plaques if we get enough interest. We can discuss it at the Globe on 10th.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 7/1/2010, 6:58 am

Rich wrote:Yeah, still think it's a great idea but would suggest we leave it until March perhaps.

Also, we could possibly make it a charity event by making a small charge for entry. It could also add a little to club funds. Our members are used to this sort of arrangement and we can invite guests from other regions or clubs too. What's the opinion of others on this?

I'm more than happy to help with promo stuff, printed materials and even rally plaques if we get enough interest. We can discuss it at the Globe on 10th.

Rich

I agree Rich. Although I would be tempted to say leave it until April or May so we can guarantee weather mild enough to get the hoods down in comfort?

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 7/1/2010, 8:23 am

Warmer weather sounds good.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 7/1/2010, 10:18 am

daved wrote:
Rich wrote:Yeah, still think it's a great idea but would suggest we leave it until March perhaps.

Rich

I agree Rich. Although I would be tempted to say leave it until April or May so we can guarantee weather mild enough to get the hoods down in comfort?

Scott the Scot!

Man up! I used to drive the Elise around in freezing temperatures with the roof off Breacon Run 356801
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/1/2010, 5:20 pm

Personally, I was referring to the time taken to arrange and publicise the run if we wish to take that route. I haven't got a top to put down at the moment! Laugh my a**e off!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 24/2/2010, 8:15 pm

Is anyone still up for this? Maybe we should get planning for when (and if!!) the weather improves... Breacon Run 356801
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 25/2/2010, 7:39 am

Captain Slow wrote:Is anyone still up for this? Maybe we should get planning for when (and if!!) the weather improves... Breacon Run 356801

I am cheers

Maybe we could discuss using for our May meeting tomorrow night?

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 26/2/2010, 4:24 am

daved wrote:
Captain Slow wrote:Is anyone still up for this? Maybe we should get planning for when (and if!!) the weather improves... Breacon Run 356801

I am Breacon Run 993706

Maybe we could discuss using for our May meeting tomorrow night?

Breacon Run 704954

You'll have to discuss and decide in my absence as unfortunately I can't make it tonight. Breacon Run 666711

Let me know what you guys reckon.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum