Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
I'll be posting in a couple of hours time I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

I'll be posting in a couple of hours time

5 posters

Go down

I'll be posting in a couple of hours time Empty I''ll be posting in a couple of hours time

Post  Nick 16/5/2009, 9:49 pm

Just bought something (2nd hand) that's been on my mod list for ages Headbanger , going over to pick it up from Kettering.
I'll post pictures once I get it - I hope it'll be in good nick Shocked , and probably end up spending hours getting it fitted tonight.
Fingers crossed it'll all be ready for next weeks pub meet...

see you in a bit, wish me luck
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

I'll be posting in a couple of hours time Empty Re: I'll be posting in a couple of hours time

Post  Rich 16/5/2009, 10:52 pm

Good nick? Good, Nick... Good luck! Laughing Tumbleweed

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

I'll be posting in a couple of hours time Empty Re: I'll be posting in a couple of hours time

Post  Nick 17/5/2009, 6:56 am

Well all done now.

The item was in great condition and at a bargain price!
So I now have what has been on my wish list in my user profile for over a year now.....

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=221018430/PictureID=19257233006/a=128145078_128145078

Some lovely shiny chrome boxer mk1 roll hoops - my theme is now chrome exterior , brushed alloy interior - they look tremendous in my opinion, the photo's aren't great and don't do them justice....
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/5/2009, 7:55 am

What can I say...? Chavvy Tongue

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 17/5/2009, 8:24 am

...Nope not chav, it's a thing of beauty Very Happy

Actually the cross member is massive and seems to add a little support to the car, helping to reduce any scuttle shake. That and it looks cool Cool

I've probably added a second to the 0-60 time 'cause of the extra weight though Embarassed Laughing
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/5/2009, 8:28 am

It IS chavvy. After all, although it may strengthen the T-bar, beyond that it's just bling. Any more chrome and it will qualify for a Rover badge... Cool

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 17/5/2009, 10:35 am

Nice!! That's what ive been looking for myself, they look pure class Nick!
Difficult job to do??
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 17/5/2009, 7:03 pm

Nick, I'm very pleased for you mate Very Happy

But We need pics please. Don't listen to Rich Dangle carrot . Chavvy or not, if your pleased with it. then that's all that matters.

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 17/5/2009, 7:05 pm

Aaaargh Hi Marcus,

Good to hear from you matey!

It's not to tricky a job, just lots of bolting / unbolting of things, oh and I got Mike to help me as he'd already fitted his a month or so ago so knew what he was doing.

Oh and the upside down bolting in at the bottom of the hoops needs a mirror so you can locate them properly, took me about 30 minutes Ooh embarrassing!

The only down side was that the tubing on mine is slightly smaller than the tubing on Mikes, as I was following instrustions from his installation and I drilled the holes in the T-bar at 48mmm.....unfortunately my older hoop seem to be about 46 mm!

I've filled them in for now and they'll do until I get a new t-bar
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 17/5/2009, 7:17 pm

daved wrote:Nick, I'm very pleased for you mate Very Happy

But We need pics please. Don't listen to Rich Dangle carrot . Chavvy or not, if your pleased with it. then that's all that matters.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I've attempted to link a photo in my second post, but to be honest my photography isn't great I need to take one from a nice angle in the sunlight so the flash doesnt go off and make the chromw look white Laughing

TBH for £150 they were a bargain I'd have had them in any colour (especiallly as there's a rusty set going for over £200 on ebay currently) , the guy had sold his Abingdon and had removed the hoops prior to sale.

Rest assured I think they look great, and I know Rich is only teasing Very Happy
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/5/2009, 8:32 pm

Nick wrote:Rest assured I think they look great, and I know Rich is only teasing Very Happy
Yeah, I was. But there hasn't been anyone else on here to tease for a while! Laugh my a**e off!

If you have any problems linking pics, send them to me and I'll put them on the SmS photobucket account. I can resize them too if you need me to.

Can you not get sleeves to fill the gaps? I know I've seen black plastic sleeves on some others. It doesn't detract from their looks. It just looks like a small ring on the T-bar at the base of the tubes. spanner spanner

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 17/5/2009, 9:20 pm

So Nick now you've got new hoops, does this mean you have a mesh windstop avaliable???
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/5/2009, 9:27 pm

Hey cap'n! How are you doing? Any chance you can make the next pub meeting? Haven't seen you for a while. I might even persuade Nick to bring the windstop with him... Suspect

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 17/5/2009, 9:36 pm

Cap'n Jack! Yeah im still alive. Just been working a HOOOOGE amount more 'cos of the recession, its getting harder and harder to get people to part with their monies!!!

So early starts and late, late finishes means i get home and crash for a few hours then do it all again.

Yes, i should be along for the next meet, got a few mods of my own (when they arrive) to show off. Drum solo

Ive still got that lambda sensor sitting in the glove box if you still need it.
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/5/2009, 9:57 pm

Excellent... I'll add you to the list then. Thumbs up

I'll have to leave the lambda sensor again for the mo as I've got an expensive month coming up. 45's Tax & MoT, Holiday deposit, pets' booster jabs... Life is just so costly!

Do you reckon you'll be able to make the Brit-Cars Rally? Would be nice to have you along there... You can even dress up if you like. It could be a theme for our stand...!

What mods? Are they a secret until the official unveiling? Suspect Aaaargh

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 17/5/2009, 10:15 pm

Well two of them are secret, ive gotta see how im gonna wire them in!! So they may have to wait for 'Fest but the other two ...........

new dvd player ( hopefully last longer than a week unlike last time! )
new rear wing ( needs collecting and spraying ) but..........its not an mg one, its from something else but fits flush, and is a little more wild! Headbanger
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 17/5/2009, 10:36 pm

Eeek! Sounds scary... Is it a plank off one of your ships, mounted on two skulls with red LEDs in the eye sockets... just as a wild guess? Laugh my a**e off!

If you need help with wiring, I'm your man! You don't have to wait until 'Fest... Very Happy

So what about the Brit-cars thing then? Sounds like you might have a chance of winning something if the kids are voting again. They like weird and exciting stuff!!!!

Digressed!

Sorry Nick! We'll get back on topic when some fresh photos of your hoops arrive!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 17/5/2009, 10:46 pm

Laughing No, thats my picnic table Laughing

yeah i should be up for that. That's good to know, before i do any wiring though i need to get a copy of my fingerprint(s) for it all to work.

Weird and wonderful eh?!? you haven't seen my hair yet! Laughing Shocked Cool
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 17/5/2009, 10:48 pm

Very Nice Nick! they look the business...well from what we can see in the pictures!!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 18/5/2009, 3:01 am

marcus mgf wrote:
new rear wing ( needs collecting and spraying ) but..........its not an mg one, its from something else but fits flush, and is a little more wild! Headbanger

It's not off a Metro is it Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

is there any other car with the same shape rear wing as an F?

Dave

PS Nick, I knew Rich was teasing Embarassed
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 18/5/2009, 3:04 am

marcus mgf wrote:So Nick now you've got new hoops, does this mean you have a mesh windstop avaliable???

Embarassed Sorry mate I flogged my old windstop already. Sad I have loads of MG bits I'm offloading on ebay at the moment MOT and tax due on the F this month and on the A6 next month!
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down