Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
I'm a published author in Autocar!! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

I'm a published author in Autocar!!

4 posters

Go down

I'm a published author in Autocar!! Empty I'm a published author in Autocar!!

Post  Lee121 12/5/2008, 4:30 am

I'm a published author in Autocar!! DSC01319 On your soapbox Well.......Autocars leader column on the 23rd April by thier editor got me angry On your soapbox ......he starts off by saying the TF was rolled out in 1995 Embarassed Head and wall! ....and then went on to say " The Tf was looking tired when Rover went bang.......it looks archaic now" On your soapbox ........So.......

I e-mailed my reply to this crap journ, what does he know.....see above First Place First Place
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

I'm a published author in Autocar!! Empty Re: I'm a published author in Autocar!!

Post  Rich 12/5/2008, 5:02 am

Well done Lee! Excellent response. There are some people who just can't wait to knock anything with a British heritage.
Wave the Union flag

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

I'm a published author in Autocar!! Empty Re: I'm a published author in Autocar!!

Post  Guest 12/5/2008, 9:25 pm

Nice one Lee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 13/5/2008, 4:27 am

Thanks guys.....it really hacked me off Shooter Shooter to all journos
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 13/5/2008, 4:46 am

Brilliant Lee! I hope he responds and we get into a war of words. Most journos who don't own an MG slag them off! I think it is jealousy and ignorance of the heritage that causes the bias attitude.

Of course I as an MG owner am not biased at all Laughing Laughing Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 13/5/2008, 7:17 pm

Well said Lee, the trouble with these Journo's is if they dont get a trip to Africa to try out the car (first class flight and top hotel of course - as funded by Merc and BMW) they write a crap report on a car they've driven for 10 minutes on a damp tuesday - or in this case not even driven!.
I'm convinced I could get a great write up on a robin reliant if they were sent to a nice enough place and promised more trips. To be honest these guys are basically corporate lackies (sp?) . So good on you mate.
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 13/5/2008, 10:35 pm

Nick wrote:I'm convinced I could get a great write up on a robin reliant ...
Arrrgh! You've just touched a nerve with that comment. Why do people always get it the wrong way round...? It's Reliant Robin! You wouldn't say Mondeo Ford, would you! Censored

And I could actually write a story on a trip I did with my Grandad shortly before he died. We did a camping tour of Devon and Cornwall in his Super Robin and it was great fun. I even got to drive it around one of the campsites... bearing in mind I was 9 years old at the time!!!!
lol!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 13/5/2008, 11:41 pm

Pinky fight Sorry about that Rich, I don't know much about other cars, I'll keep conversation limited to talking about my FMG Dunno! or wifes focu max-c ford . Thumbs up Laugh my a**e off! Laugh my a**e off!

Reliant Robin yup thinking about it its made by Reliant and it's model designation is the Robin.....fair point. Just cant decide if it's jaguar s-type or S-type Jaguar, they both sound OK to me scratch
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 14/5/2008, 2:39 am

Nick wrote:Just cant decide if it's jaguar s-type or S-type Jaguar, they both sound OK to me scratch
A fair point there my friend... or you could call it a Jaguar Mondeo... pale

Rich

Oh, and by the way.... This is my 200th post! All hail!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/5/2008, 2:50 am

Rich Stone wrote:
Nick wrote:Just cant decide if it's jaguar s-type or S-type Jaguar, they both sound OK to me scratch
A fair point there my friend... or you could call it a Jaguar Mondeo... pale
You could if it was a Jaguar X-Type.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 14/5/2008, 2:54 am

scubastewart wrote:You could if it was a Jaguar X-Type.......
Ok then... A Volvo S-Type!!!! Suspect

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/5/2008, 3:00 am

Rich Stone wrote:
scubastewart wrote:You could if it was a Jaguar X-Type.......
Ok then... A Volvo S-Type!!!! Suspect

Rich

Nope, try again!!!

Was based on the Lincoln LS.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 14/5/2008, 3:16 am

We are talking about the recent S-Type saloon and not the XJ-S aren't we????

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/5/2008, 3:24 am

Yep, and now the XF....

Was a joint Ford/Jag development, first used in the Lincoln LS, later used in the S-Type, then the Ford Thunderbird, and again by Jag in the XF....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 14/5/2008, 5:54 am

Yup Stew you're right, I keep telling myself I have an 'early XF' Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down