Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
horrible judder!! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

horrible judder!!

+2
Nick
Stu
6 posters

Go down

horrible judder!! Empty horrible judder!!

Post  Stu 5/11/2008, 9:30 am

Any ideas folks??

My tf has developed a judder which is particularly noticable on cold getaways.It is very difficult to pull away smoothly from cold and even allowing for high clutch on tf/f find it wants to judder and don't know if clutch,as this is much younger than the f i have replaced it with and wondered if tf feels different to f? Question Question Question

Also find throttle is very stiff first few cm,had this on f but was sticky plastic throttle body and it's not plastic on tf........confused????? Rolling Eyes
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

horrible judder!! Empty Re: horrible judder!!

Post  Nick 5/11/2008, 10:08 am

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I'd check the calipers, could be a sticky rear brake?
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 5/11/2008, 6:04 pm

Although highly unlikely, juddering can sometimes be caused by a worn or loose engine mount. It doesn't have to be that worn or loose either. The clutch is the same set-up as the 'F so shouldn't feel that different, except for the fact that it's newer! I have to say that every 'F and TF I've driven has felt different... I think alot of it is how the car has been driven in the past and the way it wears in.

As far as the accelerator is concerned, the obvious things to look for are a kink in the cable somewhere. You could also try sending some oil down it, just in case it's a bit dry. Lubricate the throttle body with some decent oil too. I may also be worth checking the pedal itself for a free movement.

HTH

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 5/11/2008, 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear of your trouble Stu.

I also know of a judder caused becasue the clutch plates don't release correctly and that was caused by a sticky shaft in the slave cylinder I think.

Aren't cars wonderful? It is either a case of elimination or take it somewhere for a diagnostic test. I have done the elimination route, in the wet and cold and much prefer now to pay someone to diagnose it. It's maybe an age thing Laughing Laughing

Cheers

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 5/11/2008, 8:56 pm

Mine is a bit juddery at the moment - I've been blaming the cold weather. Also wondered if ti was something to do with the engine cleaner? They told me not to fill it up until it was close to empty. Left it as long as I dared and hten filled it up today - and it didnt bounce at all on the way home from the petrol station.

Should find out today when it has its pipe opener with my mad friend behind the wheel!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 7/11/2008, 11:02 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i will see what i can find out and hopefully put fun back in the F ! Cool
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Da!sh! 7/11/2008, 6:10 pm

It could be caused by a warped clutch, very common cause for a car to judder. Like Rich said enginemuonting warn can cause this to, but its more likly if a engine mounting has gone you will find it harder to get gears or keep it in gear.

Do you know what make clutch you have in it? its not a EBC (Every Bits Crap Wink ) one is it, not sure if they still make them but iv been told they are reknown for warping.

James
Da!sh!
Da!sh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 7/11/2008, 6:15 pm

Da!sh! wrote:Do you know what make clutch you have in it? its not a EBC (Every Bits Crap Wink ) one is it, not sure if they still make them but iv been told they are reknown for warping.
If their guarantee is the same for their clutches as it is for their discs, you haven't got a problem. I had a very slightly warped drilled/slotted disc on Ollie that I'd bought second hand (as a pair) and phoned them. They said they didn't believe it could happen and if it was they would replace it. It was and they did! Handly having them up the road...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 8/11/2008, 11:51 am

I believe it's the original clutch,car has only done 24,000 miles.It judders when you let clutch out and then also pulling away is a jeky afair,once you are moving its fine and you change gear at speed qite well although i do find the pedal position alot higher on this car,maybe clutch on it's way out. Question

EBC- just down the road rich? where might that be then??
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 8/11/2008, 9:09 pm

Northampton! Rolling Eyes

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Da!sh! 9/11/2008, 7:12 pm

EBC is just of the london road, if you find netto's in far cotton, Ransom road (where i work Wrefords transport is down there) yous basicly there. I know the owners daughter of the garrage there Tongue

James
Da!sh!
Da!sh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 9/11/2008, 8:04 pm

I hope nobody from there is reading this thread. I was thinking of approaching them for some club sponsorship! If they say yes, this thread may have to mysteriously disappear... Suspect

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 20/11/2008, 12:53 am

How did it go with this judder Stu?
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum