Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Welcome Ian I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Welcome Ian

2 posters

Go down

Welcome Ian Empty Welcome Ian

Post  Rich 20/10/2008, 7:00 pm

Welcome to SmS!

Hi Ian and welcome to our forum!

Did you start registering as Apollo? I know it's your other forum name and I received two new member notifications in my inbox...

SmS started in much the same way as your group. There were about four of us who got together back in January 2007 with the idea of forming an independent regional group for MGF/MGF enthusiasts in Northants, Bucks and Oxon. Now, we're catering for all the modern Longbridge MGs and happily welcome their Rover counterparts... and our region has grown. Although I'm the MGF Register regional rep for the South Midlands and on the MGF Register committee, SmS is still independent. Our admin team also consists of a newly appointed MG Car Club director and Zed Register and MGB Register committee members, but we also have an affiliation with the MG Owners' Club, so we have all bases covered!

If you need any help, support or just general advice, please feel free to PM or email me...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Welcome Ian Empty Re: Welcome Ian

Post  Ian 25/10/2008, 5:34 pm

Morning Rich,

Sorry about the 2 registrations, i think I missed of part of the email address Embarassed

Thanks for the warm welcome to SMS and the well wishes given by your members on 3C, must admit having run forums before I didn't expect that Wink so it's nice to see that people want to wish us every success with the site and club.
After a summer of fun attending different events & meets I guess I got the bug, the problem I found was that there a fairly big void around this area. When I saw John(RD) trying to arrange something I jumped with both feet and things seemed to be going well.

If your interested in trying to arrange a date and loctaion of a meet for both clubs to get together then please give me a shout. I guess when other areas see a larger get together, they tend to want to join in with the fun and this can only be good for both clubs and the MG name Wink
Ian

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum