Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Displaying pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Displaying pictures on the forum

Go down

Displaying pictures on the forum Empty Displaying pictures on the forum

Post  Rich 20/10/2008, 3:04 am

Here's a quick 'How to...' on getting your pictures to display correctly on the forum.

It is recommended that you use a photo hosting site, such as PhotoBucket, to upload your pictures before linking to them here. Pictures must be a maximum of 600 pixels wide to be displayed correctly. Once they are uploaded follow the following steps.

Displaying a single picture

• Start your post on the forum. When you reach the point where you want the picture, move on to the next step.
  • Go to your photo hosting account and make sure you are on the page displaying the picture you want
  • Under the picture, there should be few links. The one you will need for the forum is called 'IMG Code'. The code will start with (img) and end with (/img) but with square brackets. Copy this link.
  • Go back to your post on the forum and paste the link.
  • Finish the post and then press 'Preview' to make sure the picture is displayed. If it doesn't show, check the steps above again and make sure you have the right link copied.

Displaying a link to a set of pictures or slideshow

• Start your post on the forum. When you reach the point where you want the link to the pictures, move on to the next step.
  • Go to your photo hosting account and make sure you are on the page displaying the picture you want.
  • It is recommended that in programs such as PhotoBucket, you select the Slideshow view so that each picture is shown at a larger size for a determined time.
  • Copy the full contents of the Address bar at the top of the page. This is the URL.
  • Go back to your post on the forum and move the cursor to the beginning of the word or phrase you chose as your link and paste the URL here
  • Move to the beginning of the URL and type (url=" but with a square bracket.
  • Move to the end of the URL and type ") again with a square bracket.
  • Type a word or phrase that you want to use as the link. It is common to use the word 'Here' or phrase 'Click here'.
  • After your chosen word or phrase, type (/url) again with square brackets.
  • Finish the post and then press 'Preview' to make sure the pictures or slideshow are displayed. If they don't, check the steps above again and make sure you have the right link copied.

It should also be noted that the method used above for linking to a slideshow can also be used to link to any other website, a posting on a forum, etc. You can also use the settings that change text colour, size, etc. to make your links stand our from the text, although they will always appear red if you don't change them.

If you have any problems, PM me and I'll talk you through the process...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down